Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Leslie

Buxton 2016

That's not entirely true, pretty sure he had ridden training sessions at Iwade.

Maybe but that's not what the club told us. Edited by Al3x200

Pipe knew the 7 he wanted before Rutherford's average was lowered by a point so it remains to be seen if they use the extra point.

No it was true! He rode a speedway bike when he was 8 then grasstrack til he was 20 odd then rode the dugards bikes in January I recall a photo on Facebook

No it was true! He rode a speedway bike when he was 8 then grasstrack til he was 20 odd then rode the dugards bikes in January I recall a photo on Facebook

Apart from the time he spent on a speedway bike travelling round with Paul Hurry trying to get a speedway place when he was 16.

Difference between Wood and the Buxton new boy is that he had loads of experience on very similar machines and what to do when it goes wrong. Laying the bike down when someone has fallen in front of them is a skill / training element that has been sadly lost.

Apart from the time he spent on a speedway bike travelling round with Paul Hurry trying to get a speedway place when he was 16.

Difference between Wood and the Buxton new boy is that he had loads of experience on very similar machines and what to do when it goes wrong. Laying the bike down when someone has fallen in front of them is a skill / training element that has been sadly lost.

Not sure how you can make this judgment re Ryan at this stage. Everyone has to start somewhere so give the lad a chance. He has plenty of motorcycle experience and just because you have experience of Speedway doesn't necessarily mean you can lay a bike down when required.

• Like 5

With the final rider announced that's over 2 points under the points limit, very poor

good luck Lee Geary, its took long enough, don't waste it.

Overlooked for too long. One of the most consistent riders in the MDL and would have been signed much sooner if the majority of teams weren't ageist. Good solid signing for Buxton and sure he will have a decent season.

• Like 1

With the final rider announced that's over 2 points under the points limit, very poor

The team was signed ages ago when Rutherford's average was over a point higher.

Edited by Islander15

The team was signed ages ago when Rutherford's average was over a point higher.

Overlooked for too long. One of the most consistent riders in the MDL and would have been signed much sooner if the majority of teams weren't ageist. Good solid signing for Buxton and sure he will have a decent season.

i don't know Lee but watched him working in the pits at Coventry a few seasons back as our number 8, working on bikes that were broken, lending his bike & pushing bikes. He worked harder than some of those in the the team & didn't get a ride. Solid chap.

• Like 2

Without Shelby's reduced average, we were 39.08. Because of this, we now add up to 37.94. Does that really make us a poor team?

I'm sorry if you think that's Poor, but 6 riders had already been promised team spots before this average reduction. At the time before the reduction we only had 3.92 to play with. I looked over a lot of available 3.00 point riders and those slightly over 3, that were available, but everytime I always came back to Lee Geary, because he has very good reliable equipment, he has the experience of riding on most of the U.K. tracks, he's a great team man and always wants to help other riders and always conducts himself in the right manner. For me, all day long it had to be Lee Geary to fill that last spot. One or 2 have said to me, why didn't I change it and use up most of the 5.06 I had to play with for the final member instead, But that's easier said than done! There just wasn't anyone around between 3.00-5.06 or if they were, not any better as Lee Geary. Or have i missed someone who you know that could fit in? I'm very pleased and have faith in the team we've put together at Buxton for the season ahead and it's one that I, along with our riders are really looking forward to. All the riders have already been team bonding for weeks in a Facebook group chat that was set up for them, as they start to get to know each other and just have a laugh together and exchanged ideas and info and already started to discuss ways of helping each other out etc. We've got some good team bonding going on at the moment, which is always a great help when your riders are all getting along with each other. Let's all get behind this team and see where we go. If for some reason it doesn't work out to start with, then believe me, I'll be working overtime and burning the midnight oil to make sure things are put right and give the Hitmen fans a team to be proud of.

• Like 8

Well said though, shows confidence in your team, that'll get 'em battling for you. Hope you do well this season and I'm already looking forward to coming over, from leeds, for a meeting or two this season at buxton.

• Like 2