British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2016 Speedway Gp Qualifiers

I don't disagree with you whatsoever. The point that I was making is that some riders, rightly or wrongly, are prepared to use their regular league earnings to subsidise their GP campaigns due to the poor prize money on offer at GP level.

However, I haven't seen any evidence that would indicate that either of the Laguta brothers would be prepared to do so.

I dare say all the riders do their own cost/benefit analysis. Seems that the answers that the Lagutas get are different to what others get. Just a guess like...

Thank god there are about 20 riders in the queu before him and the challenge is in Vetlanda(?)...

I THINK you will find that Craig Cook has invested heavily this year and no one can fault his desire to move forward but, at the same time, he has to pay the bills and the poor lad has not even had a home BV meeting yet. Riding for Peterborough will do him far more good that clicking his heels waiting for his Polish team to actually give him a chance.

• Like 3

Unfortunately, I don't think that either of the Laguta brothers are motivated by anything other than money and arguably perceive SGP as a series that will cost them money to ride in.

Unfortunately I don't think many riders full stop are motivated by anything other than money.

Unfortunately I don't think many riders full stop are motivated by anything other than money.

Most apparently are doing it for my/our entertainment i'll have you know

• Like 1

I THINK you will find that Craig Cook has invested heavily this year and no one can fault his desire to move forward but, at the same time, he has to pay the bills and the poor lad has not even had a home BV meeting yet. Riding for Peterborough will do him far more good that clicking his heels waiting for his Polish team to actually give him a chance.

Think you've misquoted for some reason...

But while on the subject and me having some insight on the Lodz situation... Didn't he get his chance, scored 3,0,0,N and that was it? Like someone said, its "so easy" in Britain since you are alway in the team ('til you're dropped). In Poland the middle-order riders FIGHT over the couple of team places every friday.

• Like 3

Think you've misquoted for some reason...

But while on the subject and me having some insight on the Lodz situation... Didn't he get his chance, scored 3,0,0,N and that was it? Like someone said, its "so easy" in Britain since you are alway in the team ('til you're dropped). In Poland the middle-order riders FIGHT over the couple of team places every friday.

It is always the sad story if they don't make the grade.Remember Bjerre's father moaning to me about him only getting 1 ride in a meeting or two,saying they never had a chance to get the set-up right.......and Hauzinger telling me there was no way he was missing a meeting on Saturday to go to Poland for training and maybe not get in the team for sunday.......with speedway riders there is always an excuse and mostly someone else to blame

It is always the sad story if they don't make the grade.Remember Bjerre's father moaning to me about him only getting 1 ride in a meeting or two,saying they never had a chance to get the set-up right.......and Hauzinger telling me there was no way he was missing a meeting on Saturday to go to Poland for training and maybe not get in the team for sunday.......with speedway riders there is always an excuse and mostly someone else to blame

Maybe the PR quote was correct, just that my line purely on Harris.

Excuse's are sometimes valid. But still, I consider this to be sport and want to help and follow riders that have sporting ambitions. Money will come later on. Unless you start waiting for it after your first PL heat win and only eat McDonalds and drink Coke.

Unfortunately, I don't think that either of the Laguta brothers are motivated by anything other than money and arguably perceive SGP as a series that will cost them money to ride in.

That'll be about right won't it? Too expensive, too many rounds, too intrusive to league racing.

Maybe, but it has to be the right investment and that's not just money - time needs investing and building relationships, as well as directing your resources to priorities. I seem to remember some riders, like Andy Smith used to buy new equipment every season whereas others, such as Jeremy Doncaster reused all their old stuff until it wore out/broke. I still believe that if there's a strong enough desire, you can achieve. I also remember riders used to get 'proper' jobs to help pay bills if they weren't earning enough from racing - this must apply to the Aces' Joe Jacobs who only rides in the EL and has scored little so far, so his earnings must be tiny.

Edited by SPEEDY69

Abensberg QF aborted after 12 heats:

The Absenberg SGP qualifier has been postponed after 12 races due to unsafe track conditions. Result stands. Danny King misses out in 9th.

https://twitter.com/speedwaystarmag/status/732212005441011712

Sportowefakty have DK listed as 8th though.Presumably thanks to DK's heat victory while Woelbert doesn't have a heat victory?

1 8 Martin Smolinski 3 3 3 9
2 13 Max Fricke 3 3 3 9
3 10 Tomasz Jędrzejak 3 3 2 8
4 2 Patryk Dudek 3 2 2 7
5 5 Daniel Gappmaier 1 2 3 6
6 3 Siergiej Łogaczow 2 3 u 5
7 6 Jozsef Tabaka 2 1 2 5
8 1 Daniel King t 1 3 4
9 15 Kevin Woelbert 1 2 1 4

http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/wydarzenie/60478

Edited by Ghostwalker

Abensberg QF aborted after 12 heats:

https://twitter.com/speedwaystarmag/status/732212005441011712

Sportowefakty have DK listed as 8th though.Presumably thanks to DK's heat victory while Woelbert doesn't have a heat victory?

1 8 Martin Smolinski 3 3 3 9

2 13 Max Fricke 3 3 3 9

3 10 Tomasz Jędrzejak 3 3 2 8

4 2 Patryk Dudek 3 2 2 7

5 5 Daniel Gappmaier 1 2 3 6

6 3 Siergiej Łogaczow 2 3 u 5

7 6 Jozsef Tabaka 2 1 2 5

8 1 Daniel King t 1 3 4

9 15 Kevin Woelbert 1 2 1 4

http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/wydarzenie/60478

From the pictures ive seen it looked incredibly wet and riders were apparently forced to ride. That tapes exclusion and then only going to heat 12 didint help King at all, he would've probably qualified.

Very hard on the riders,but also hard to say someone would probably have qualified.King still had to go up against Smoli,Jedrzejak and Wölbert for instance.Could quite easily have come out of that with a zero.Find it very unfair when the heats aren't completed as it is pure luck who you have met at that stage.Looking at the Ljubjana U21 EM semi and the top 3 were due to meet in the next heat before it was abandoned,so someone was bound to drop points and Härtel looked to have his easiest heat and a few other should have picked up points or dropped them,so the end results would have been different

.I know Kevin was happy to get out of the meeting without injury

Should be an enquiry into this meeting surely?

Well 5 brits tried and 5 failed, i dont know how they do the draw but the line up for Kings lynn was alot stronger than Germany yesterday. NO brits in the semi final but one from Austria what is happening?

CCP bureau (= FIM) allocate the federation slots to the qualifiers. This is not realy a draw.