British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2016 Speedway Gp Qualifiers

Hampel, Emil or aj/lindback if not top 8 would seem logical wildcards, and all would have a great shot of top 8.

Of those currently in the qualifiers, hard to look past kk Freddie and zmazlick, but it's a long season and the challenge some way off.

Those 3 on current form certainly wouldn't weaken an already strong SGP line-up

As you say, Hampel & Sayfutdinov (If he wants it) are certs for SGP Wildcards. Think then what's outside the top 8 come October will decide the other 2 places. Saying that, I'd also like to see the 2 Laguta's given a shot

Do like Lambert but he failed to qualify on his home track & lost a run off to Cook & yet he still gets the spot??

Bit of a slap in the face for Cooky that.

Think it's come down to who has the better future in the sport. Also to gain experience against better riders away from his home tracks.

Do like Lambert but he failed to qualify on his home track

Engine failure when miles in the lead...

Niamh

Do like Lambert but he failed to qualify on his home track & lost a run off to Cook & yet he still gets the spot??

Bit of a slap in the face for Cooky that.

What is your criteria for a wildcard? For me its someone unlucky not to make it. Bad luck can be being injured or bike problems. Robert would have easily qualified if it wasn't for a bike problem. Personally I'm more shocked by Paco Castagana getting a wildcard!

Out of curiosity who would you have awarded the place to?

I know it's not really the done thing but I'm hoping that for some reason a few riders can't attend so Cook and King get another chance.

I think they are decent choices of wildcard. Castagna was probably always on the cards with it being in Italy, and I'm sure the other riders are happy enough with that choice.

Lambert as you say was desperately unlucky not to qualify, is one of the sports best young talents, and there are no other brits in the 32 - so a good choice IMHO.

As you say, Hampel & Sayfutdinov (If he wants it) are certs for SGP Wildcards. Think then what's outside the top 8 come October will decide the other 2 places. Saying that, I'd also like to see the 2 Laguta's given a shot

Think it's come down to who has the better future in the sport. Also to gain experience against better riders away from his home tracks.

He's been doing that since he was 14! It's more likely a case of whose face fits.

• Like 1

He's been doing that since he was 14! It's more likely a case of whose face fits.

Or who may help sell the event ;)

Practice about to start here in Croatia. Boiling hot as usual :)

Andersen, King and Pavlic not here yet.

Practice about to start here in Croatia. Boiling hot as usual :)

Andersen, King and Pavlic not here yet.

PAVLIC probably still in bed as he could crawl there in his pyjamas :neutral:

• Like 1

No major shocks there apart from Vaculik missing out. Good too see Masters doing well.

Is it right Danny King never even showed up?

Wouldnt blame him if he didnt, lets face it, long way to go to be a 2nd reserve......

Would Hampel be given a wildcard if Magic and Bartosz qualify on there own and then KK and Piotr qualify on there own and also Buckzwwski. A lot of polish riders there.

Why is there talk of Hampel getting a wild card for next year - have I missed something and he has witdrawn from this year?

As tho the Lagutas possibly in line for wild cards - they both show top class performances from time to time, especially Gregoriy, but not too sure they deserve permanent wild cards. Same oes for Vaculik - great rider when on top form, but can he do it for every GP. I do like the two Lagutas and Martin, but............