British Speedway Forum
junior fan

National League Agm

Basby is not committed enough to be signed by any club .Let Kent down badly crying off so many away meetings

• Like 2

I'm hearing 40 , hope it's raised to keep the better riders in , and keep the product entertaining for the stand alone clubs to draw in supporters.

Junior

Even the Aussie?

Even the Aussie?

What Aussie?

What Aussie?

Keep up boi! doh

Keep up boi! doh

There aren't any Aussie riders... and keep up with what. As far as I know the only rider from round that way is Brad but he isn't an Aussie Edited by Alex2000

There aren't any Aussie riders... and keep up with what. As far as I know the only rider from round that way is Brad but he isn't an Aussie

There aren't any Aussie riders... and keep up with what. As far as I know the only rider from round that way is Brad but he isn't an Aussie

Guesssing it was an underhanded dig at Rob, an aussie born lad that commited to the Uk.

Junior

Guesssing it was an underhanded dig at Rob, an aussie born lad that commited to the Uk.

Junior

Oh i see. If he committed to uk then it doesn't really count

I would like to see the play offs return (hated the idea when they came in), but after a couple of months only really brum or Eastbourne looked like winning. Whereas if the play offs were held 8 or 9 teams would have still been able to win the league after August.

Edited by teaboy279

I would like to see the play offs return (hated the idea when they came in), but after a couple of months only really brum or Eastbourne looked like winning. Whereas if the play offs were held 8 or 9 teams would have still been able to win the league after August.

But we would win with our 'trick track'
  • Like 2

You certainly have significant home advantage but one key rider has an issue and anything can happen.

I feel a league competition should be won by the team with the most points after all matches have been ridden and declared champions..It is still easy to put on a competition for the top 4 clubs to have some highly competitive meetings at the end of the season with a trophy whatever you want to call it...Just my opinion....

• Like 4

I feel a league competition should be won by the team with the most points after all matches have been ridden and declared champions..It is still easy to put on a competition for the top 4 clubs to have some highly competitive meetings at the end of the season with a trophy whatever you want to call it...Just my opinion....

it's not just your opinion, i totally agree and the national league proved it this year.

• Like 1

it's not just your opinion, i totally agree and the national league proved it this year.

I think this years experiment worked. Teams outside of the top 3 were still pushing to make the Gold Cup (Buxton brought in JPB, Coventry tried to fit in as many meetings by the cut-off as they could and look how Rye hit form late on) and it kept the league competitive despite Birmingham looking like league winners for a long time.

• Like 2

Quite right.

How after a full season a team that finishes (say 4th) can be worthy Champions is beyond me ?

Gold Cup was a good idea and all Clubs were trying to get in it.

I would like to see this trophy sponsored to give it more clout etc.

• Like 2

I agree with the last couple of posts. This season worked well with Birmingham rightly crowned champions and Eastbourne rewarded richly for their form as the season drew to a close. The right teams took the major honours while interest was maintained for most clubs right up until the last few meetings.

• Like 2