British Speedway Forum
junior fan

National League Agm

Just a few hours to go now and we should know the points limit..I envisage rapid signings to be made within days .Personally hope the limit is 40 to allow strong teams and better racing this season,and to accommodate some of the decent riders that will not get a Premier League place,otherwise they could be without any team place.and that would be a very bad move...

Well they must be disagreeing on something it's going on a bit longer than I thought. Hope IOW and belle Vue get in

Well they must be disagreeing on something it's going on a bit longer than I thought. Hope IOW and belle Vue get in

Belle vue better be in i have bought a season ticket that includes 10 National league meetings.

Belle Vue And IOW in

40 point limit

No tactical riders in any NL fixtures

Trophy will have 6 teams in it

Play offs return to decide champion

This league is going somewhere! 12 teams and showing how the EL should be done!

National League AGM 2016

• Isle of Wight Warriors and Belle Vue Colts are accepted into a 12 team league, alongside the 10 from last season.

• The competing teams are Birmingham, Belle Vue, Buxton, Coventry, Cradley, East our elite, Kent, King's Lynn, Isle of Wight, Mildenhall, Rye House and Stoke.

• The points limit is increased to 40.00.

• The play-off return to decide the league championship and the top 4 teams will compete with the cut-off date being September 25th.

• The National Trophy has expanded to 6 teams and will feature 2 groups of 3. The North group is Birmingham, Buxton and Stoke, whilst the South group is Isle of Wight, Kent and Mildenhall. The winner of each group will meet in the final for the title.

• Tactical rides have been removed for all meetings.

• The NL Fours remains at Coventry and is on Sunday 14th August. This will featuring the top 7 teams and Coventry as hosts.

• The NL Pairs remains at King's Lynn and is likely to be in mid-summer with the date to be confirmed.

• The NLRC will be moving from Rye House, however it's still TBC where and when.

• League fixtures will be released in late January and the KOC draw before Christmas.

• In the event of a clash with a PL fixture and a rider missing, teams will have he choice of R/R or a guest.

Lol Eastbourne translated to "East our elite" telling us something?

According to Connor not enough support

• Like 1

Maybe cause its a pointless competition

it didn't seem pointless when the team were celebrating on the centre-green as the first of the treble but i suppose it's connor that does the number crunching so he should know. i still would have liked to have been in it though, especially with 2 more teams.

All looks alright apart from the return of bloody play offs, can't think what club that favours with a trick Sussex triangle over 2 legs :mad:

If your not good enough over a season then you are not good enough period, why should a ridiculous home advantage win the day ?.

Edited by david2905
  • Like 3

All teams have to put a vote in david

Indeed, suggests to me some clubs were swayed more by the possibility of 1 or 2 extra nights of revenue and coverage than the fact they have made Eastbourne 2016 champions before it's even 2016...

Edited by david2905