British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KevH

2016 Elite League Heat Format

Can anyone confirm what the heat format will be next year please?

I guess it could be the 2015 format, the 2014 format or something completely new.........does anyone know for certain?

It has been changed so the #7 is protected but not thew #6

As most simple things it has been kept under wraps

• Like 1

I had assumed that they would return to the traditional 15 heat format especially now the reserves can move into the 1-5.

It should be more like the old format but I believe there is still two reserve races and the #7 comes out with and against second strings in his other two rides where as the #6 can be alongside or against a heat leader.

If there are two reserve races it'll be a farce with reserves getting averages and gong into the 1-5.

farce describing speedway.im shocked at you scb

Edited by bruno
  • Like 2

If there are two reserve races it'll be a farce with reserves getting averages and gong into the 1-5.

If you ask me, the whole organisation is a farce. Its no wonder the sport is all but dead, the governing powers do their very best to keep the fans in the dark. How do they intend to promote a sport when even the loyal fans don't know what's going on.

This is the time when the sport should be knocking on doors and generating Interest and Sponsorships, yet some of us still don't know the team that we are suppose to be supporting.....

Having watched the sport's peaks and troughs for many years, but has to be the deepest trough I can ever remember....

• Like 4

If they have to be protected then they should not ride in the EL this is what messes up the racing format for cost cutting reasons ,let their scores not count in the match if they can't hold their own .You don't have a player who cant be tackled by certain oposition players in football so why is s/way operating this FTR farce it is a complete joke just ruins the sport IMO .

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 3

I thought that was exactly the point - so that reserves could go into the 1-5 and be tested against 'better' riders.

I thought that was exactly the point - so that reserves could go into the 1-5 and be tested against 'better' riders.

Yes just like Kyle

I had assumed that they would return to the traditional 15 heat format especially now the reserves can move into the 1-5.

Me too. Makes complete sense now. They could tinker with the number 7 heats. But it should revert to the previous format now.

If the same as last year but with the reserves able to get an average and move in to 1-5 we will have heat leader classed riders at reserve during the season. In fact timing that drop could decide the play off.

Apparently they're continuing with last years format. I think this deserves a LOL.