Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KevH

2016 Elite League Heat Format

What it does mean is that if you sign Bjerre he'll probably be in reserve after 4 meetings :D

No thought into this whole AGM at all!

Its so terrible it's brilliant. It makes the mockery of not giving the reserves their el averages even more of a mockery.

Confirmed that race format remains the same.

Averages every 2 weeks.

Apparently they're continuing with last years format. I think this deserves a LOL.

Thanks for the answer SCB.......look on the bright side though, no new spread sheet to do this year ;)

• Like 1

The hole they have dug themselves is so deep they are trying to find a hole they dug last year to get out of but when they find it the hole will be a whole lot bigger!!!!!! What a kin mess. Does it make any sense? No. Neither do the rules. 😱😨

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates

the bspa have dug a hole so big that the gp riders gonna use it as a wormhole to get to the aussie gp next yr

seriously do any of them have any sense..................

the bspa have dug a hole so big that the gp riders gonna use it as a wormhole to get to the aussie gp next yr

seriously do any of them have any sense..................

Relax....

It is all part of the 'Masterplan'....😉😁

Its so terrible it's brilliant. It makes the mockery of not giving the reserves their el averages even more of a mockery.

you think this is bad, wait til we hear what the logic was behind who's on the HL list!

You couldn't make this up..... Quite honestly you have to question the sanity of them all. Aside from Buster promotion, I cannot see one positive that the AGM has done for the sport. Talk about dis-array.....

Issue 1; Because we have had protected heat format for two years now, How can you compare CMA when selecting Heatleaders ?? How many people is on the list that wont find a team position.??

issue 2; Why is the HL list such a big secret??

Issue 3; If the draft rider is to be subjected to the same race format again, then why use the PL averages to position them on the selection list.

Issue 4; Now we are told the draft riders can go into the 1-5 on the CMA score. Using the same protected format, then surely the Second Strings will continue their elevated position, and the sub- quality of HL could find themselves in the reserve berths.

issue 5 Why should a Draft rider on a reduced contract want to be classed in the 1-5??. Surely that would deserve more financial reward?? That would defeat the whole idea of cheap team places..

Issue 6; Why do you drive most of the top points scorers away, yet have a big points limit for team building purposes

I am of the impression that each of the decisions are made on a whim with no pre-thought of the consequences. Some of these issues are as extreme as you could ever imagine. The existing relationship between BSPA and the fans must be at an all time low, It seems that the BSPA regard us as the enemy, whereas we should be singing from the same Hymn Sheet.

Reading the forum, like I do, I see some wonderful and straight forward ideas and opinions. Most of these are common sense any way. Instead of the BSPA thinking they are the bosses and we are mere mortals, I suggest they too read these posts to help them get this sport back to some sort of level footing.

In most sports, 'Common Sense' usually prevails in the end, but in British Speedway, I'm not so sure.....

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 1

You couldn't make this up..... Quite honestly you have to question the sanity of them all. Aside from Buster promotion, I cannot see one positive that the AGM has done for the sport. Talk about dis-array.....

Issue 1; Because we have had protected heat format for two years now, How can you compare CMA when selecting Heatleaders ?? How many people is on the list that wont find a team position.??

issue 2; Why is the HL list such a big secret??

Issue 3; If the draft rider is to be subjected to the same race format again, then why use the PL averages to position them on the selection list.

Issue 4; Now we are told the draft riders can go into the 1-5 on the CMA score. Using the same protected format, then surely the Second Strings will continue their elevated position, and the sub- quality of HL could find themselves in the reserve berths.

issue 5 Why should a Draft rider on a reduced contract want to be classed in the 1-5??. Surely that would deserve more financial reward?? That would defeat the whole idea of cheap team places..

Issue 6; Why do you drive most of the top points scorers away, yet have a big points limit for team building purposes

I am of the impression that each of the decisions are made on a whim with no pre-thought of the consequences. Some of these issues are as extreme as you could ever imagine. The existing relationship between BSPA and the fans must be at an all time low, It seems that the BSPA regard us as the enemy, whereas we should be singing from the same Hymn Sheet.

Reading the forum, like I do, I see some wonderful and straight forward ideas and opinions. Most of these are common sense any way. Instead of the BSPA thinking they are the bosses and we are mere mortals, I suggest they too read these posts to help them get this sport back to some sort of level footing.

In most sports, 'Common Sense' usually prevails in the end, but in British Speedway, I'm not so sure.....

Re: Issue 5, contracts can (and will be?) adjusted to reflect this, I am led to believe.

Although quite what will happen if agreements can't be made, I am unsure!

Confirmed that race format remains the same.

Averages every 2 weeks.

How the hell can a reserve get a true average if there are still 2 protected heats.Am i right in thinking that if a reserve has 2 high scoring meetings that it is possible that his average could move him straight into a heat leader spot(ie Worrall scoring 15 points at wolves last year) ?.

Re: Issue 5, contracts can (and will be?) adjusted to reflect this, I am led to believe.

Although quite what will happen if agreements can't be made, I am unsure!

You can't do that. The reason Garrity refused to be part of the draft was the money. If you now decide that the money can be renegotiated then Garrity can re-join the draft.

However bad a rule is, once you have decided on it you have to stick with it or it's grossly unfair on those making decisions based no the rule.

How the hell can a reserve get a true average if there are still 2 protected heats.Am i right in thinking that if a reserve has 2 high scoring meetings that it is possible that his average could move him straight into a heat leader spot(ie Worrall scoring 15 points at wolves last year) ?.

I can't wait,. as you say, 2 or 3 of them 4 meetings resulting in big scores will see reserves on 8-9 point averages and becoming heat leaders. Meanwhile someone like Kenneth Bjerre no his 5.9 average could conceivably find himself in reserve.

Imagine the farce if Josh Bates manages to average 7.5 for Coventry then breaks his leg. We'd use R/R all year for a draft rider :D

Edited by SCB

Imagine the farce if Josh Bates manages to average 7.5 for Coventry then breaks his leg. We'd use R/R all year for a draft rider :D

I should imagine if Josh Bates (or any other reserve) gets to No.1 then the management will break his leg for him!

I'm sure someone has got the wrong end of the stick here. They can't possibly use the same format and allow reserves to move up on the strength of picking up easy points against other reserves whilst top international riders drop down on the basis of being beaten by other top international riders.

So far we haven't found a fan on this forum who thinks it would be a good idea, so surely in a room-full of promoters some can see the problem?

They certainly will see the problem when they're paying Troy Batchelor £250 per point to clean up in the reserve races!

• Like 1

If by some obscure chance Garrity were to suffer a drop in form and therefore drop to reserve, then presumably he would have ensured his contract would stipulate that he remains on the same (1-5) wage rate?!

• Like 1