British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KevH

2016 Elite League Heat Format

If by some obscure chance Garrity were to suffer a drop in form and therefore drop to reserve, then presumably he would have ensured his contract would stipulate that he remains on the same (1-5) wage rate?!

I would suggest that part of his thinking when moving into the 1-5 was 100% to keep the same deal should he drop down..

Probably six rides a night on bigger money?

Happy days...

I can see teams paying out much more this year as 'established riders' drop into reserve berths and score easy points against 'number sevens'...

Well done, once again, to the BSPA...

This is all a wind-up, isn't it?

Surely nobody could be that stupid?

Could they?

This is all a wind-up, isn't it?

Surely nobody could be that stupid?

Could they?

Apparently so !!!!.

I most certainly was.

Ditto. My favourite ever season was 1982 when Aces won the BL (I was 4). I replayed that season endlessly as a kid on the "speedway scene" board game. Consequently even now I can tell you to the nearest 0.5 what average pretty much any BL rider had that season.

I think when you're a kid madly into a sport, you're probably more obsessive about sports stats than at any other time in your life. When you get older, you don't have the time!

• Like 1

Ditto. My favourite ever season was 1982 when Aces won the BL (I was 4). I replayed that season endlessly as a kid on the "speedway scene" board game. Consequently even now I can tell you to the nearest 0.5 what average pretty much any BL rider had that season.

I think when you're a kid madly into a sport, you're probably more obsessive about sports stats than at any other time in your life. When you get older, you don't have the time!

I've still got books filled with speedway scene simulated meetings!

A folder too with all Wolves meetings written down, heat by heat, averages calculated at the bottom.. along with my own rider of the night ratings, and standings for the season!

Like you I couldn't get enough stats when I was a kid. I'd be able to name every rider in every team and pretty close to their average.. same in cricket, reel of all the county teams with a good idea of batting and bowling averages.

I've still got books filled with speedway scene simulated meetings!

A folder too with all Wolves meetings written down, heat by heat, averages calculated at the bottom.. along with my own rider of the night ratings, and standings for the season!

Like you I couldn't get enough stats when I was a kid. I'd be able to name every rider in every team and pretty close to their average.. same in cricket, reel of all the county teams with a good idea of batting and bowling averages.

I assume you were a virgin until your late 20s?!!!!

I assume you were a virgin until your late 20s?!!!!

Funnily enough that wasn't a concern at age 8.

• Like 1

I used to make up my own results at home and for some reason Coventry Bees always won the league!

There's none so blind, than those who don't want to see.......

.....but the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Keeping the same format is a massive mistake and while the races will be a bit easier with no Iversen and Janowski etc the fact is heat leaders will still have races where 0 or 1 has to be scored and second strings will still have easier races and even may have a time at reserve.

Last season we had riders like Dakota North and Jacob Thorssell that had averages moving up and down more than a Bilston Prostitutes knickers and despite being a sub 4 rider at one stage Jacob finished as the top Wolves rider on 6.18.

North was averaging around 8 but finished at 5.91 and PK was top of the averages at the start but finished with a 5.51 average which is lower than Wozniak Summers Lawson etc

This needed a new format and the number 6 needed to be tested more

Rolling averages are there to be used and picking riders that struggled to score in the final month or so keep those scores most of the new season where as a rider like Jacob finished well and will have those scores still on his average for months

• Like 1

All averages change after every 4 meetings and riding order changes, according to the averages, every 2 weeks, with the exception of the Tier 2 reserve who stays as a reserve all season.

All averages change after every 4 meetings and riding order changes, according to the averages, every 2 weeks, with the exception of the Tier 2 reserve who stays as a reserve all season.

Another rule which will cause nothing but confusion. If a rider receives a new average every four meetings (some have said every two weeks, which actually makes more sense), when will the new average become effective? Immediately, at a fixed point in the week? How will teams plan ahead for guests when riders are constantly moving between positions and at short notice?

• Like 1