British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
le sorcier

Quick Question?

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but can anyone tell me why Jason Garrity is now a fully fledged rider in the 1-5 and Kyle Newman is still allowed to race as a reserve?

Is it just to do with age/experience?

And could Garrity drop down to reserve if his average dipped and will Kyle Newman go in the top 5 once the GSA's change?

Thanks

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but can anyone tell me why Jason Garrity is now a fully fledged rider in the 1-5 and Kyle Newman is still allowed to race as a reserve?

And could Garrity drop down to reserve if his average dipped and will Kyle Newman go in the top 5 once the GSA's change?

Thanks

It would seem it was Garritys choice to move up into the 1 to 5 team spot,and yes they could both move up or down depending on there averages

Thanks

Garrity has ambition and wants to prove himself in the main body of the team.

I think Newman would lose his place at Poole if he didn't agree to be on the draft. They don't like Brits in their top 5

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 3

I think Newman would lose his place at Poole if he didn't agree to be on the draft. They don't like Brits in their top 5

Utter rubbish................Newman was going to be in the team when they introduced the draft in 2014 regardless............

Garrity chose not to go in the draft but the fact that reserves now have averages and can move up and down within the team makes a difference.............

RP

Garrity would have only been reserve for the beginning of the season. Coventry would have a better team if he stayed in draft pick. Oh well Coventry's loss.
  • Like 4

Utter rubbish................Newman was going to be in the team when they introduced the draft in 2014 regardless............

Garrity chose not to go in the draft but the fact that reserves now have averages and can move up and down within the team makes a difference.............

RP

Wondered how long it would be before you started barking 😜

Newman was only ever going to be at reserve before the draft was put in place as he has been now for several years.

Wrong

While it was Garrity's choice to move up (and fair play to him) I'm sure I saw somewhere that either Havvy or one of the promoters weren't particularly chuffed with his decision which I can understand.

Wish him all the best though.

But if Garrity was guaranteed to stay at Coventry, what would be the point in him going in the 1-5 if they could initially track him as a reserve? (albeit until the averages changed?)

That makes no sense whatsoever? And is only detrimental to Coventry's teambuilding process?

Am I missing something?

• Like 1

But if Garrity was guaranteed to stay at Coventry, what would be the point in him going in the 1-5 if they could initially track him as a reserve? (albeit until the averages changed?)

That makes no sense whatsoever? And is only detrimental to Coventry's teambuilding process?

Am I missing something?

Garrityhas ambition. He hopes to be good enough to stay in the 1-5 all season and in the longer term to progress to heatleader. Fair play to him for showing some spirit. Faint heart never won fair maiden. Newman appears not to have the same determination.

They still have to take Garrity's average into account for team building (albeit converted PL)whether he comes in as EDR Tier 1 reserve or as a second string. I think Garrity has done the right thing certainly for himself and probably for his club as well.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1

Am I missing something?

Fasttrack riders are on a fixed pay (well, in theory!), whereas top 5 riders aren't, so as a top 5 rider it is possible a rider could ask for more money/van, etc, etc.

• Like 2

Fasttrack riders are on a fixed pay (well, in theory!), whereas top 5 riders aren't, so as a top 5 rider it is possible a rider could ask for more money/van, etc, etc.

Ah. That would give some reasoning to it then.

• Like 1

Thanks

All down to the rider so fair play to him & fair play to his club who have kept him in their team rather than saying goodbye as we have more chance of being successful with you starting at reserve.

Newman wouldn't have been in the Poole team if he wanted to do the same thing & to say anything else is pure rubbish.

I'm still missing the logic behind Garrity moving into the 1-5. Draft riders get averages after 4 meetings anyway. But him riding in reserve as a draft rider to start with would mean that right now Coventry would have a great team as someone like Barker could have replaced him in the 1-5 (meaning always one of Barker or Garrity in reserve) and Coventry would still have 6 points to find the last second string.

I'm still missing the logic behind Garrity moving into the 1-5. Draft riders get averages after 4 meetings anyway. But him riding in reserve as a draft rider to start with would mean that right now Coventry would have a great team as someone like Barker could have replaced him in the 1-5 (meaning always one of Barker or Garrity in reserve) and Coventry would still have 6 points to find the last second string.

Well that's what I would have thought yes. It seems to be only detrimental to Coventry to track him in the 1-5 if you don't need to straight away?

Strange, but then this is Speedway so....