British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
le sorcier

Quick Question?

So because Garrity makes a decision that suits him, but costs his team, that apparently means that Newman lacks ambition and wouldn't get a team place at Poole but for the EDR.

:nono::nono::party: Only on the BSF.

Look at who posted it. Enough said!

• Like 1

dont think theres the slightest doubt had kyle not agreed to start at reserve he wouldnt have been in poole starting line up,everybody predicting he will be in the 1-5 after 4 matches probably correctly but would have thought he will be back at reserve after the next 4 matches,if not it makes kurtz a bad signing.dont think theres anything between kyle and jason at the moment,jason i think has a tad more potential

• Like 1

Exactly...................and as Skidder1 said where is Garrity when it comes to riding in Poland............if anyone lacks ambition I would say it is Garrity for not wanting to get himself known over there....................

I will keep my real thoughts on Garrity to myself..............

RP

Wondered how long it would be before you started spouting your anti Poole and Newman crap again..............did not take long did it.................

Assuming that garrity doesnt want to get himself known over there.....making things up again, garrity does not lack ambition he gives 110% every race

or just tryin to rub it in that newman got a place in poland, thats about all newman has over garrity

garrity has a higher PL average, garrity done a lot better in the big events ie british final

newman seems to have been around a lot longer than garrity , and hasnt progressed as fast as jason

oh and another poole fan that doesnt seem to like many english riders ,

you probably one of those aussie flag wavers at kings lynn :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by heathen chemistry

Assuming that garrity doesnt want to get himself known over there.....making things up again, garrity does not lack ambition he gives 110% every race

or just tryin to rub it in that newman got a place in poland, thats about all newman has over garrity

garrity has a higher PL average, garrity done a lot better in the big events ie british final

newman seems to have been around a lot longer than garrity , and hasnt progressed as fast as jason

So if you don't like Garrity, you don't like English riders?! That's hilarious!!
  • Like 1

I'm still missing the logic behind Garrity moving into the 1-5. Draft riders get averages after 4 meetings anyway. But him riding in reserve as a draft rider to start with would mean that right now Coventry would have a great team as someone like Barker could have replaced him in the 1-5 (meaning always one of Barker or Garrity in reserve) and Coventry would still have 6 points to find the last second string.

We don't know if Barker is on the EDR list, but whether he is or not none of the EL teams have picked him so far and thst should tell you something. He is coming back from serious injury and until the season starts we won't know how well he is riding. It's all very well saying "someone like" Barker but realistically who is there anywhere near Barker who would realistically be available for Coventry ?

Bottom line is that Garrity made it clear early on that he wanted to be out of the EDR and judged on his own merits. He is his own man and we can't knock him for that. The problem with looking too closely at averages is that if you are not careful you can raise it to almost an art form. Garrity is not my favourite rider by any means but he certainly has ambition and self belief , which are fundamental qualities for a Speedwáy rider . has done the right thing for himself and although it's a bit of a gamble if it works out for him in the long term I think it will be to the benefit of his club.

If both Garrity and Sarjeant had been on the reserves list - then which one would Coventry have protected? And more to the point, would they have still got the other one in the draft?

NB. For the record, Kyle Newman only agreed to go back on the list after it had been confirmed that there was the opportunity to move up after 4 meetings.

As regards him 'having no spirit' or ambition, he has already ridden in Poland and the indications are good that he will do so again in 2016 - assuming Polish clubs can get their financial acts together!!

I don't recall seeing Garrity's name featuring in the Polish results service?!

The usual Poole response to try to turn the discussion round. Nobody has described Newman as ""having no spirit" so why do you put those words in quotes as if they did? Nobody had said Newman has no ambition.

The thread is about Garrity and Coventry. The lad clearly has ambition and riding in Poland or not has nothing to do with it. Lewis Bridger got a regular team place in Poland, Craig Cook didn't, at least not on a regular basis. Who has been the most successful?

Garrity has shown the determination to break away from the EDR and stand as a second string on his own merits . Newman hasn't. Those are the facts.

• Like 1

I think Garrity is looking for a team place and/or meetings abroad.

We don't know if Barker is on the EDR list, but whether he is or not none of the EL teams have picked him so far and thst should tell you something. He is coming back from serious injury and until the season starts we won't know how well he is riding. It's all very well saying "someone like" Barker but realistically who is there anywhere near Barker who would realistically be available for Coventry ?

Well Barker is like Barker and is owned by Coventry and not signed by anyone else. So the rider like Barker that I would have signed is Ben Barker :D

i admire Garrity and his determination to win and better himself so good luck to him.

Only a fool would drag Newman into this and right on cue, she did :oops:

• Like 1

i admire Garrity and his determination to win and better himself so good luck to him.

Only a fool would drag Newman into this and right on cue, she did :oops:

Let just be thankful that for once we're arguing over how good and how ambitious a couple of young Brits are and see it for the positive it is. If only we could add a few more names to the list. If Kyle can continue his steady improvement and Jason can polish off them rough edges and get a little more consistency there no reason we can't see both riding for Team GB in a few years time and then for all the moaning of unfairness we'll be able to look back and say, "the draft worked"

Going from the conversation i had with Garrity its likely to be about ££££ not ambition.... He told me he scored 17 or something at reserve and got paid a pittance due to the fast track systems rates.

Both lads are young hungry and ambitious, too suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

• Like 2

Going from the conversation i had with Garrity its likely to be about ££££ not ambition.... .

Aren't the two inextricably linked ?

Excuse me tell me where I said I did not like English riders.................I have a lot of time for a lot of them but there are a few who I dislike.............so what everyone has riders they like and dislike..............the only ones I have said that I am not a fan of is Garrity and Cook.................

And no I was not an Aussie flag waver at King's Lynn last year when I went................and you cannot tell me who I can and cannot cheer for either if I wanted to cheer for the Aussies I would....................I don't tell you who to support so back off...............for the record I cheered for Magic at this years GP though I suppose you think that is wrong too.................

No one tells me that Garrity is better than Newman.................until Garrity changes his attitude he will never make it amongst the big boys..................and for the record in the EL draft riders this season Newman had a higher average over all than any other draft rider Garrity included................

RP

Excuse me tell me where I said I did not like English riders.................I have a lot of time for a lot of them but there are a few who I dislike.............so what everyone has riders they like and dislike..............the only ones I have said that I am not a fan of is Garrity and Cook.................

And no I was not an Aussie flag waver at King's Lynn last year when I went................and you cannot tell me who I can and cannot cheer for either if I wanted to cheer for the Aussies I would....................I don't tell you who to support so back off...............for the record I cheered for Magic at this years GP though I suppose you think that is wrong too.................

No one tells me that Garrity is better than Newman.................until Garrity changes his attitude he will never make it amongst the big boys..................and for the record in the EL draft riders this season Newman had a higher average over all than any other draft rider Garrity included................

RP

So now you're implying someone's manipulated the rules so Poole have got the FTR with the highest average as one of the lowest?

• Like 1

So now you're implying someone's manipulated the rules so Poole have got the FTR with the highest average as one of the lowest?

Not at all..................when they published the actual averages of all riders Newman had a higher actual average than Garrity as a draft rider over the season..............that is all I am saying.............where did I imply anything was being manipulated...............nowhere.............

RP

So where in the FTR list was Newman? That's right, near the bottom. Which means someone's manipulated the list so it goes off the PL averages, which means he didn't have a higher average than the other draft riders.

This then makes your original post wrong, even though I do agree with you that he has a higher average for the EL, by using the BSPA's ruling on how to classify the FTR's then he doesn't!