British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
le sorcier

Quick Question?

Excuse me tell me where I said I did not like English riders.................I have a lot of time for a lot of them but there are a few who I dislike.............so what everyone has riders they like and dislike..............the only ones I have said that I am not a fan of is Garrity and Cook.................

And no I was not an Aussie flag waver at King's Lynn last year when I went................and you cannot tell me who I can and cannot cheer for either if I wanted to cheer for the Aussies I would....................I don't tell you who to support so back off...............for the record I cheered for Magic at this years GP though I suppose you think that is wrong too.................

No one tells me that Garrity is better than Newman.................until Garrity changes his attitude he will never make it amongst the big boys..................and for the record in the EL draft riders this season Newman had a higher average over all than any other draft rider Garrity included................

RP

Not saying Garrity will ever make it amongst the big boys, but he is a better rider than Newman.Newman i like but to say he is the best draft rider is laughable, very good at home unproven in the top five never has done it ( or had to prove he is up to it? poor rules) .tTo even mention Newman in a WTC squad next year is laughable in my humble opinion.
  • Like 1

So where in the FTR list was Newman? That's right, near the bottom. Which means someone's manipulated the list so it goes off the PL averages, which means he didn't have a higher average than the other draft riders.

This then makes your original post wrong, even though I do agree with you that he has a higher average for the EL, by using the BSPA's ruling on how to classify the FTR's then he doesn't!

Since when was Newman at the bottom of the list?
  • Like 2

Not saying Garrity will ever make it amongst the big boys, but he is a better rider than Newman.Newman i like but to say he is the best draft rider is laughable, very good at home unproven in the top five never has done it ( or had to prove he is up to it? poor rules) .tTo even mention Newman in a WTC squad next year is laughable in my humble opinion.

I am also not saying that Newman would be in the WTC squad next year..............though he has been on the short list before....................I cannot find the link at the moment but when they printed the list of over all actual averages in the Speedway Star Newman had a higher average than Garrity...............

What Garrity needs to do is change his attitude..............I have watched him a good few times and seen him deliberately try to and occasionally succeed in taking out other riders........what he did to Lambert at Cardiff shows he needs to calm down and I have seen him try and take out Newman a few times at Poole...................

I hope that Kyle with the way they have changed the draft rules next season gets an opportunity to prove himself in the team proper.............

RP

Edited by Red Panda

I am also not saying that Newman would be in the WTC squad next year..............though he has been on the short list before....................I cannot find the link at the moment but when they printed the list of over all actual averages in the Speedway Star Newman had a higher average than Garrity...............

What Garrity needs to do is change his attitude..............I have watched him a good few times and seen him deliberately try to and occasionally succeed in taking out other riders........what he did to Lambert at Cardiff shows he needs to calm down and I have seen him try and take out Newman a few times at Poole...................

I hope that Kyle with the way they have changed the draft rules next season gets an opportunity to prove himself in the team proper.............

RP

Yes, it is a personal thing. He thinks it is fair game to fence Kyle, and risk getting excluded, than stay safe behind him. He thinks HE has nothing to lose by doing it. FACT.

Yes Newman had the highest average. So can u see what a farce it is that he is on one of the lowest averages for team building?

• Like 1

Yes Newman had the highest average. So can u see what a farce it is that he is on one of the lowest averages for team building?

Highest average which includes bonus points.

The powers that be decided how to calculate reserve averages - hardly Kyle's fault............

RP

No one tells me that Garrity is better than Newman.................until Garrity changes his attitude he will never make it amongst the big boys..................and for the record in the EL draft riders this season Newman had a higher average over all than any other draft rider Garrity included................

Garrity joint top scored in the GB final (and finished 4th) while Kyle was sat at home watching it on tele.

Jason averages 7.17 and Kyle 7.12. "For the record" and in the PL Garrity 8.33 vs Newman 6.73.

So just how is it that Kyle is the better rider?

For the record I like Kyle and would love to see him at Coventry but Jason is just very slightly ahead right now. I'd pick Jason to pull a ride out of the bag on a big occasion too. Admittedly he's far more likely to end up in the fence in a heap too :D

Garrity joint top scored in the GB final (and finished 4th) while Kyle was sat at home watching it on tele.

Jason averages 7.17 and Kyle 7.12. "For the record" and in the PL Garrity 8.33 vs Newman 6.73.

So just how is it that Kyle is the better rider?

For the record I like Kyle and would love to see him at Coventry but Jason is just very slightly ahead right now. I'd pick Jason to pull a ride out of the bag on a big occasion too. Admittedly he's far more likely to end up in the fence in a heap too :D

I do agree with this. Garrity has the x factor giving him the ability to not look out of place in a quality field as he proved in the British Final. If he can curb the kamikaze side he's got, he can be huge. Kyle for me is the one I'd have in my side (possible Poole bias!) mainly because you know what you're going to get. Doesn't mean I think that at his best he's better than Garrity, that's just who I'd have.

Both of them can give British speedway a massive tonic if they can keep developing.

• Like 2

What order ? Garrity,Newman,Auty,Howarth.

Auty is not even relevant any more. He's the new Leigh Lanham. Lumped in with the youngsters but he's had his chance and it's passed him by. Decent enough rider but never going to be any more tha he is now. He's 25 now. As for Howarth, I just don't get him. He can on the right day score well but as a rider he seems totally flawed to me and incapable of riding the inside line on a track.

Auty is not even relevant any more. He's the new Leigh Lanham. Lumped in with the youngsters but he's had his chance and it's passed him by. Decent enough rider but never going to be any more tha he is now. He's 25 now. As for Howarth, I just don't get him. He can on the right day score well but as a rider he seems totally flawed to me and incapable of riding the inside line on a track.

interesting, "hes 25 now"....you may well be right, and he don't kick on, but how old was Jason doyle,when most thought he"d reached a certain limit? cooks age? john Louis started at 28..

interesting, "hes 25 now"....you may well be right, and he don't kick on, but how old was Jason doyle,when most thought he"d reached a certain limit? cooks age? john Louis started at 28..

Cook and John Louis are not fair comparisons. Auty has been racing speedway about 12 years now. Cook has be racing 6ish and is already well ahead. As for Louis he didn't take 10 years to only be a decent second division standard did he? Doyle was improving ever season too - some of us have always said he was a decent rider and rated him highly. Auty has been at the same level about 5 or 6 years now.

Edited by SCB

Cook and John Louis are not fair comparisons. Auty has been racing speedway about 12 years now. Cook has be racing 6ish and is already well ahead. As for Louis he didn't take 10 years to only be see bt second division standard did he? Doyle was improving ever season too - some of us have always said he was a decent rider and rated him highly. Auty has been at the same level about 5 or 6 years now.

I do think your correct to be fair!

Cook and John Louis are not fair comparisons. Auty has been racing speedway about 12 years now. Cook has be racing 6ish and is already well ahead. As for Louis he didn't take 10 years to only be see bt second division standard did he? Doyle was improving ever season too - some of us have always said he was a decent rider and rated him highly. Auty has been at the same level about 5 or 6 years now.

I can't ever remember anybody on this forum really rating Doyle,i always felt he was unlucky with injury also he never really rode Poole that great in my opinion.Maybe Auty has not improved but i still think he as as good as those other three mentioned he also has averaged more in the PL than all of the other three.Also he did ok for Birmingham in a top five like Howarth did ( who really impressed me for Swindon in a top five the other two have not yet stepped up into a top 1/ 5.

I see him everyweek in a top five and he did really well,held his own the other three mentioned two of them have never been tested in a top 1/5 scenario.