Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
le sorcier

Quick Question?

I can't ever remember anybody on this forum really rating Doyle,i always felt he was unlucky with injury also he never really rode Poole that great in my opinion.Maybe Auty has not improved but i still think he as as good as those other three mentioned he also has averaged more in the PL than all of the other three.Also he did ok for Birmingham in a top five like Howarth did ( who really impressed me for Swindon in a top five the other two have not yet stepped up into a top 1/ 5.

I see him everyweek in a top five and he did really well,held his own the other three mentioned two of them have never been tested in a top 1/5 scenario.

Auty is as good as them now but I expect them to both start to get better than him soon and leave him where he is. I'm willing to accept that Howarth is still young and can improve (he needs to change his style though) but I just think he does well when the track is set up for him (ride he outside) rather than he is able to adapt to a track. For me it's no co-incidence that his worst two tracks are Wolves and Lynn, both track that you have to ride the white line. I just don't see him ever being a "force" and making it as a SWC rider.

As for Doyle...

Agreed, Ive been saying for years I rate Doyley quite highly and always felt he had underachieved. I still think he has a lot more in him and could be an 8.5+ EL rider.

Just leaves Doyle to plod along but I think he's a far better rider than he's shown before.

I've always rated Jason Doyle but he seems to struggle to put a full season together. It's almost as if by August he's certain to have picked up an injury and his form has slumped. A risk worth taking though IMO. Can't help but think the Bees would have made the play offs last year with Doyle in the team.

Auty is as good as them now but I expect them to both start to get better than him soon and leave him where he is. I'm willing to accept that Howarth is still young and can improve (he needs to change his style though) but I just think he does well when the track is set up for him (ride he outside) rather than he is able to adapt to a track. For me it's no co-incidence that his worst two tracks are Wolves and Lynn, both track that you have to ride the white line. I just don't see him ever being a "force" and making it as a SWC rider.

As for Doyle...

Your point on Howarth not riding the line are spot on, maybe a change of Pl track a more technical track might help.Doyle we all know he should of been at Swindon for the last two years but it was not to be.He had a couple of great double up years at Somerset kept fit earned plenty of point money and at times was riding seven days a week.Now he has built his GP kit up and he is there on merit a massive achievement in the scale of things. A real example to others that you can kick on,but at the end of the day you still have to have the ability.