British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MrMungo

Who's Left?

Don't know what your moaning about it is only in recent years that clubs announced their teams before Christmas, sometimes they would announce one or two riders and the rest well after Christmas, as it is only about 8 weeks since the end on last season I don't think that's too long to wait for the new team announcement.

when everyone else has named at least 2 and some have finished!

Why?

Well it doesn't really matter when exactly teams announce their teams, e.g. it could be February, but if all other teams announce early as seems to have happened this year, then it somewhat frustrating that your own team don't. I always thought I was a patient man but the Rebels are trying me this year. Not too worried though but I just want to know.

• Like 1

Well it doesn't really matter when exactly teams announce their teams, e.g. it could be February, but if all other teams announce early as seems to have happened this year, then it somewhat frustrating that your own team don't. I always thought I was a patient man but the Rebels are trying me this year. Not too worried though but I just want to know.

your just being greedy,

need to chill out, it's fairly obvious what your team will roughly look like because there will be no Kurtz...

Perhaps riders are wary of committing to Somerset in case they're dumped a few weeks before the season starts when some other guy becomes available

Edited by Shads
  • Like 5

Perhaps riders are wary of committing to Somerset in case they're dumped a few weeks before the season starts when some other guy becomes available

Who will be the first to bite

But this is nothing new for the Rebels, for as long as I can remember this has been the case for us.

I'd much rather this and make sure everything is 100% correct and avoid what has happened the last couple of years,

Only a week and a bit left and we will know the 1-7

• Like 2

ah , but will it be the STARTING seven riders . will they chop and change again . has gazza got his maths right this time ? all will be revealed in the next episode of down on the somerset farm ..baaaaaaaaaaa .ruff ruff . quack , quack .time to moooooooooooooove on .

• Like 2

ah , but will it be the STARTING seven riders . will they chop and change again . has gazza got his maths right this time ? all will be revealed in the next episode of down on the somerset farm ..baaaaaaaaaaa .ruff ruff . quack , quack .time to moooooooooooooove on .

oink, oink,,, maybe gazza is playing with his 'gaaamblin potatas' ;)

im sure you will be one of the first to question whatever team we name,would not have it any other way!!

But it's more fun to speculate what the line-up might be, and then adapt your predictions as riders are ruled out. Much more interesting than having your 1 to 7 named in early November - then all you can do is twiddle your thumbs 'til March. Now that would test my patience!

• Like 2

your just being greedy,

need to chill out, it's fairly obvious what your team will roughly look like because there will be no Kurtz...

How can I be accused of being greedy. Other clubs supporters have been fed with at least three riders while we are starving on zero!

From what we know neither Brady or Richie are back next year so I disagree with the "roughly" bit too. Knowing those two aren't back next year makes it less "obvious". Add our NL 3 pointer to the list and that makes roughly half a team change. The trouble with not having any announcements is that we are slowly getting to know by elimination unless the management have a big surprise for us. Yet again, by elimination we know the surprise(s) will likely be from a list of Holder, Howarth and Tungate for a heat leaders. We are uncertain about our no. 1 too!

Actually after all my ranting I'm not too concerned as I have the faith that the management will put together another competitive team as they have for some years now. ;) I'm just enjoying the banter. Fills in the wait for the new season. Roll on March. Oh and a Merry Christmas to all fellow speedway supporters too (as there is less than a month to the day to go).

How can I be accused of being greedy. Other clubs supporters have been fed with at least three riders while we are starving on zero!

From what we know neither Brady or Richie are back next year so I disagree with the "roughly" bit too. Knowing those two aren't back next year makes it less "obvious". Add our NL 3 pointer to the list and that makes roughly half a team change. The trouble with not having any announcements is that we are slowly getting to know by elimination unless the management have a big surprise for us. Yet again, by elimination we know the surprise(s) will likely be from a list of Holder, Howarth and Tungate for a heat leaders. We are uncertain about our no. 1 too!

Actually after all my ranting I'm not too concerned as I have the faith that the management will put together another competitive team as they have for some years now. ;) I'm just enjoying the banter. Fills in the wait for the new season. Roll on March. Oh and a Merry Christmas to all fellow speedway supporters too (as there is less than a month to the day to go).

Surely you've already named your No1 in your post, it must be Tungate!

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 1

patience my little padawan . i am sure gazza can squeeze in five heat leaders under the smoke and mirrors ! .you will end up with as much chance as any one of building a good team ... except berwick , cos we have the viss .

• Like 1

But it's more fun to speculate what the line-up might be, and then adapt your predictions as riders are ruled out. Much more interesting than having your 1 to 7 named in early November - then all you can do is twiddle your thumbs 'til March. Now that would test my patience!

Well said, absolutely right

patience my little padawan . i am sure gazza can squeeze in five heat leaders under the smoke and mirrors ! .you will end up with as much chance as any one of building a good team ... except berwick , cos we have the viss .

we chose not too, can't get through half a season without his knee turning into a potato, great rider and I wish him well, but I think he's had one too many injuries, good luck with him, he's a good rider
  • Like 1

Rebels always put together an entertaining team.

• Like 1