British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

Why Is Stock Car Racing Rubbish?

I'm quite happy to let Rob Peasley have Eve if I can have Anna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPMUMzoxoCg

I'll let her know.... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6C9O_oKVq0

...we were talking about in Barcelona originally!

No.Originally we were talking about how rubbish stock cars were and you kept giving links to prove it.Thanks mate :t: Kalinka

I'll let her know.... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6C9O_oKVq0

Put a word in for me while you are at it....those eyes!!!!!

This is turning into a great thread.I have John finding links to prove how rubbish stock cars are and Lioness finding links to pretty women.....wow!!!

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

I do like the Leningrad Cowboys version,especially the one they done with the Red Army Choir

But I was thinking the other day whilst in McDonalds.I was thinking,"you know what.There are more nationalities in here than enter the stock car world championships.What we could do is draw a circle in the car park have a race in our cars and the winner could call themselves the world champion and who could argue?" :drink: I have bright ideas like that sometimes

That's an excellent idea. Why not contact Spedeworth Motorsports with it and indicate how many pikeys you can book for the race.

No John.This would obviously be a proper world championship with lots of different nations competing(I counted at least 6 different nationalities in one McDonalds and not at peak time),not the crap they put on.Not one of your best ideas mate

I was at a great concert by the Black Sea Fleet Choir about a year ago.Well recommended if you like that sort of thing and I know you do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq5z2YdH4XA

That wasn't the one I was at but very similar

You are really taking a spanking tonight John,i must say.Glutton for punishment..But please,don't start putting links to spanking on here now......... :rofl::P

Looks like he's 'done one'. :lol:

Lots of posts disappeared as well as a couple of Johns threads....."Why is Flat Track rubbish?" for instance,which no-one was really bothered about anyway :party:

I know most users of this forum detest stock car racing but thought it worth a mention that the Wimbledon Stadium promoters, Spedeworth Motorsport, are now carrying information about the petition to keep the venue active.

http://spedeworth.co.uk/news.php

Edited by gustix
  • Like 1

This is an interesting item on Facebook Old Time Speedway (4,310 members after 18 months start):--

Sent by

Geoff Dadswell:

6 January 19:45

I've never understood why many speedway fans seem to detest stock cars when both sports need each other at many stadiums to keep them going.
I often wonder if both sports had worked together that speedway would be in far better position than it is now. Stock cars were once the poor relations compared to speedway but it looks like they are having the last laugh now and in a better position than speedway is.
Edited by gustix
  • Like 1

This is an interesting item on Facebook Old Time Speedway (4,310 members after 18 months start):--

Sent by

Geoff Dadswell:

I've never understood why many speedway fans seem to detest stock cars when both sports need each other at many stadiums to keep them going.

I often wonder if both sports had worked together that speedway would be in far better position than it is now. Stock cars were once the poor relations compared to speedway but it looks like they are having the last laugh now and in a better position than speedway is.

And here's another interesting item from Facebook Old Time Country Dancing (1810 members after an interminable monologue from John Hyundai):

Simon Bred-Crum 6th August 1945 " I bought a set of two biro pens to write letters of complaint to my local newspaper. One has a screw top and the other has a retractable point. I wonder which type other members prefer ? I expect this will provoke a lively discussion but did you know I first went to New Cross Speedwáy in April 1946 ?"

• Like 1

Sent by

Geoff Dadswell:

And here's another interesting item from Facebook Old Time Country Dancing (1810 members after an interminable monologue from John Hyundai):

Simon Bred-Crum 6th August 1945 " I bought a set of two biro pens to write letters of complaint to my local newspaper. One has a screw top and the other has a retractable point. I wonder which type other members prefer ? I expect this will provoke a lively discussion but did you know I first went to New Cross Speedwáy in April 1946 ?"

Why tell me? The OPINION is not mine. I was just passing on a quite which may be of interest for the programme of a third-rate football club based in the north west London area however?

I also feel it is very wrong for a small group like Spedeworth Motorsport to offer their support for the campaign to save Wimbledon Stadium. Do they want to upset the banger fraternity and the pikeys? :unsure:

Edited by gustix

An interesting quote I found on the forum

he is the same Hyam of whom Matt Shippam said on 'Short Circuit on Line'

"He really has lost the plot this time...it is time to send Mr Hyam back to the pits and lock him up in a nice padded trailer.

"Mr Hyam’s suggestion...is nothing short of stupid...I suggest Mr Hyam goes back to his Midget obsessed world and leaves National Hot Rods to those people who know what they are talking about."

Doesn't sound like our John Hyam at all really!!!! :rofl:

• Like 2

You are entitled to your opinion but explain how the car ovals on average get more spectators than speedway meetings do? The answer is simple - the car promotions provide good entertainment and have some good promoters like Buster Chapman at King's Lynn, and companies like Spedeworth International and Startrax staging the meetings.

I also think another hotbed of activity is in the west country?

is Buster actually the promoter for the cars or does he rent the track and promoting to another company?