British Speedway Forum
stevehone

Ulrich Ostergaard Testimonial

Health and safety my arse..whats dangerous about standing there all of a sudden?..the only health and safety issue was the security marching back and forth getting in everyone's way..why the hell do u need security at the speedway anyway?... Incase someone attacks someone with they're clipboard or flask!?

Seconded

I've been standing at the back of the stand for 20 years or so and this isn't the first time they've tried this. But it has never stuck, and nor have I witnessesed imminent disaster as a consequence.

What was annoying today was that the announcement came just as the riders were at the tapes for heat one. There were 30 minutes of presentation during which we could have been informed of the need to move. I duly moved, disturbing a couple of people in order to get to as seat.

However I observed that most people in the centre of the stand hadn't moved so eventually I returned to my favoured spot.

The new guards also told a lad in front of me that he couldn't have his canine friend in the stand with him!! What on earth would Thomas do, where have all these new rules come from!! On another note can we PLEASE get the PA system sorted I left after the main event couldn't be bothered to try and fathom out what was going on with that quick time thing. It all went wrong when someone let Craig Saul loose with a roving Mike in the pits!!

What was annoying today was that the announcement came just as the riders were at the tapes for heat one. There were 30 minutes of presentation during which we could have been informed of the need to move.

The lack of being told the relevant at the expense of waffle has been standard practice for a couple of years now so that sounds about standard.

I feel confident that all this was from Showground Management rather than the promotion, as indeed was the last minute switch of post meeting soiree.

• Like 1

IF you go to any premier league football matches you have people standing in THE FRONT ROW SEATS behind both goals which i think is wrong and they have been trying for years to get fans to sit down,but whats the problem of standing at the back of the stand? Really does seem a bit over the top with all this.People in ivory towers spring to mind!!!!

Was onced asked to sit down in the back row at a test match at the Oval - when challenged the best they could come up with was that we were blocking the advertising boards!

Although the front of the stand is all open, could the doors at the back of the stand be classed in many eyes as fire doors and as such no escape route to the fire doors are to have any obstructions,has mentioned before this no standing at the back of the stand has been in place before.

Do you think those standing would still be there blocking the way if there was a fire??

one of the Elf and Safetly guys asked me the time of the last race ....

I said 60.2 and he said no when will the last race be...!! :rofl:

I said I dont have no balls of crystal! :D

Great afternoon if not a little long winded... Did the flying lap competition take place ? or did they run out of time?

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoyed the day. Some of the racing was just excellent. It is always a pleasure to see Buczkowski at the showground, Anderson was great value and Iversen was just a class above. Of the current crop of panthers I thought Palm Toft was particularly excellent.

On the downside the initial introduction was a little long winded for my taste and of course the mike problems were a pain pretty much all meeting.

When we were racing each batch of four heats were run very promptly which was nice to see. The reserve races and the young lions were an added bonus so all in all 30 heats of racing for £15 was tremendous value IMO.

• Like 2

Thoroughly enjoyed my trip to the Showground- great for Ulrich that so many people turned up. My highlight was the match race between Olly Allen and Chris Louis- terrific 4 laps I thought, with Chris turning back the years to try everything to get past Olly.

Enjoyed this meeting, Buczkowski on the gas was worth seeing. Good effort by all concerned albeit a rather drawn out day but a good crowd for Ulrich. However,one point I feel I need to ask is what happened to the demo laps by Hans Nielsen? It was great he attended to show his support and he received a very warm welcome on a cold afternoon but

I ,like many others were looking forward to seeing the main Dane back on track but was very surprised when he only attempted a few starts and returned to the pits. No real laps completed at all! After the big build up and anticipation I am surprised no one else has enquired of this.