British Speedway Forum
stevehone

Ulrich Ostergaard Testimonial

Buczkowski added, line-up is looking really good!

Superb; just watching Buzz fly around the boards at the EoES is worth the admission fee alone

• Like 4

Kenneth Hansen added to the line up.

Line up so far:

Krzysztof Buczkowski

Hans Andersen

Niels Kristian Iversen

Danny King

Ulrich Ostergaard

Kenneth Bjerre

Kenneth Hansen

Mads Korneliussen

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1

From Ulrich Ostergaard Testimonial Facebook

The start time for this event is at 2PM not 4PM as it has been advertised

Swidders added to line up

Line up so far:

Krzysztof Buczkowski

Hans Andersen

Niels Kristian Iversen

Danny King

Ulrich Ostergaard

Kenneth Bjerre

Kenneth Hansen

Mads Korneliussen

Piotr Swiderski

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1

PETERBOROUGH captain Ulrich Ostergaard has finalised the exciting line-up for his '10 Year Spectacular'.

The popular Danish star has attracted a high-calibre field to the East of England Showground for his season-opening testimonial on Sunday, March 13 (2pm).

Australian international Rory Schlein is the latest big name to be snapped up for the event along with World Under 21 Championship silver medalist Anders Thomsen, who enjoyed a a brief spell in Panthers colours last season.

They join the previously announced Hans Andersen, Niels Kristian Iversen, Kenneth Bjerre, Mads Korneliussen, Krzysztof Buczkowski, Piotr Swiderski, Danny King and Kenneth Hansen in a fine cast for the individual event.

The field is completed by Ostergaard himself and five of his Peterborough team-mates of 2016 - Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen, Nicklas Porsing, Michael Palm Toft, Simon Lambert and Emil Grondal.

In addition to the mouth-watering 16-man main event, there will also be a series of reserve races involving Panthers' new British ace Tom Perry.

He will do battle with club asset Danny Phillips (who is set to race for Premier League rivals Newcastle this term) and a trio of exciting young Danish talents, Jesper Sorgaard, Tobias Thomsen and Peter Karger.

"I'm so happy with such a great list of riders for my special day," said Ostergaard.

"It is great to be able to bring together my current team-mates, many riders I raced with in the past and some of the great friends I've made during my career.

"I feel sure it is going to be a fantastic meeting . . . and we still have one big surprise up our sleeve."

Ostergaard is planning one more major announcement in the coming days - and it is one not to be missed

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2714

• Like 3

Hans nielsen back on a bike for ullys testimonial!

Will be great to see the legend doing a few laps one last time.

• Like 2

'THE PROFESSOR' RIDES FOR PANTHERS CAPTAIN

Thursday February 18, 2016

One of the greatest riders ever to climb aboard a speedway bike will grace Ulrich Ostergaards testimonial.

Danish superstar Hans Nielsen, who won 22 world titles during his glorious career, will be a star guest at the 10 Year Spectacular meeting on Sunday, March 13 (2pm).

But the 56 year-old wont just be an interested spectator . . . hell also be taking to the East of England Showground track to ride for what is likely to be the last time on British soil.

Nielsen will complete some demonstration laps around Alwalton to provide a legendary lining to what promises to be a memorable occasion to mark Peterborough captain Ostergaards long service to British speedway.

Ostergaard said: To have Hans involved in my meeting is amazing and Im very proud that he is prepared to come over to England for it.

He is someone I have looked up to ever since I started to watch speedway as a child.

He is The Professor and was always so good and so clever on the bike.

I was so honoured to ride in his farewell in Brovst in 1999 and be part of my heros final meeting.

I also had the honour of riding with him in one Superleague meeting in Denmark that same year, which was incredible.

Nielsen was a standing dish on the sport's biggest stages throughout the 1980s and into the 1990s.

He won four individual world titles, including the first to be staged in the Grand Prix format in 1995. His previous crowns had arrived in 1986, 1987 and 1989.

He also starred in 10 World Cup triumphs for Denmark and seven World Pairs Championships successes.

Nielsen was also a nine-time Nordic champion, six-time Danish champion and a three-time British League Riders champion.

Nielsen had an extensive club-racing career in England with Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Oxford and Coventry.

• Like 2

TAKE CONTROL OF TESTIMONIAL

PETERBOROUGH skipper Ulrich Ostergaard is offering the opportunity to see his 10 Year Spectacular from a different perspective.

The Danish aces testimonial meeting marks the start of the 2016 season at the East of England Showground on Sunday, March 13 (2pm).

And Ostergaard is auctioning the chance to spend the afternoon in the company of leading referee Jim Lawrence, who will take charge of a packed programme of action which includes a star-studded individual meeting, junior racing and a handful of lads from the legendary Hans Nielsen.

Ostergaard said: I want to thank Jim for agreeing to be shadowed on the day.

Im sure plenty of people will be interested in the opportunity to spend the meeting in the referees box with him.

They might even get the chance to start a race.

The auction runs until Wednesday (March 9) evening and bids can be made by following this link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opportunity-to-join-the-referee-at-Ulrich-Ostergaards-10-Year-Spectacular-/131741551227?hash=item1eac688a7b:i:131741551227

BOMBER ON BOARD

WORLD Championship ace Chris Harris has been added to the star-studded line-up for Peterborough captain Ulrich Ostergaard's testimonial.

The former British champion and British SGP winner will compete in some exhibition races during the '10 Year Spectacular' at the East of England Showground on Sunday (March 13).

A delighted Ostergaard said: "It is brilliant to have 'Bomber' involved in my testimonial.

"We spoke to him several weeks ago about riding, but he had Polish commitments at the time so couldn't commit.

"They've now fallen through so he can be part of my day."

Harris, who has his own testimonial at Coventry the following weekend, becomes the second current GP racer to grace Ostergaard's big day along with Niels Kristian Iversen.

Ostergaard has also confirmed that two well-known speedway figures will complete some demonstration laps during a packed schedule.

Sky Sports expert Chris Louis and former Peterborough star Olly Allen, who retired from racing after a crash in Panthers' colours last season, will both take to the Alwalton track during an event which begins at 2pm.

STARS TURN OUT FOR SEASON OPENER

PETERBOROUGH skipper Ulrich Ostergaard cant wait to celebrate his testimonial with a little help from stars past, present and future.

The T Balfe Construction Panthers captain is rewarded for more than a decade of fine service to British speedway by staging his 10 Year Spectacular at the East of England Showground tomorrow (Sunday, 2pm).

It promises to be a fantastic start to the new season and should provide another memorable date in the career of the reigning Premier League Riders Championship king and a former Elite League title-winner.

Ostergaard first arrived on these shores in 2003 when snapped up by Eastbourne. He has since gone on to represent Swindon, Panthers, Belle Vue, Birmingham and Kings Lynn in the top-flight while starring for Isle of Wight, Birmingham, Workington, Reading, Redcar and Panthers in the second tier.

His testimonial marks the start of his 14th consecutive season of racing in Britain and the star-studded line-up is testament to his popularity among his peers as well as with supporters.

Ive enjoyed almost every minute of my career in Britain, said Ostergaard. I can remember coming over here for the first time all those years ago and Ive had some great experiences ever since.

Ive been lucky to ride for some good clubs in the Elite League and Premier League, but Peterborough is the place that feels like my home.

Ill never forget the way we won the title back in 2006 and I jumped at the chance to come back when the club came down into the Premier League a couple of years ago.

I just love this place. The track, the club, the fans everything is just brilliant and Im so happy to be able to stage my testimonial here.

Im proud to have such a good line-up. It is an honour that so many top guys, and all my current team-mates, are prepared to give up their time to race for me.

And the fact my hero, Hans Nielsen, will be here just makes it even more special. I cant wait to see him on a bike at my home track!

Tomorrow Ostergaard will be reunited with three other members of the famous title-winning Panthers team of 2006 captain Hans Andersen, fellow Dane Niels Kristian Iversen and Polish ace Piotr Swiderski.

Former World Championship leader Kenneth Bjerre, Australian international Rory Schlein, locally-based Great Britain star Danny King and swashbuckling Showground star Krzysztof Buczkowski are other star turns who will feature in a mouth-watering individual meeting.

And theres plenty more besides with other exhibition races involving GP ace Chris Harris and demonstration laps from the likes of former Peterborough favourite Olly Allen and Sky Sports expert Chris Louis.

But Ostergaard hopes his own extravaganza doesnt prove to be the only big meeting at the East of England Showground this season. He admits he would really love to mark his testimonial season with honours.

Ostergaard added: It has been a long time since the club won a trophy and hopefully we can change that this year.

Weve got a really exciting team with lots of potential, and I dont see why we cant be up there challenging.

We did so well last season to reach the semi-finals of the play-offs despite so many injuries and now we want to do even better this year.

I always think about what happened in the Grand Final in 2006 when Hans Andersen and Ryan Sullivan sealed the title with a 5-1.

It would be great if I could do that myself this year.

10 Year Spectacular line-up: Hans Andersen, Niels Kristian Iversen, Kenneth Bjerre, Mads Korneliussen, Krzysztof Buczkowski, Piotr Swiderski, Danny King, Rory Schlein, Kenneth Hansen, Anders Thomsen, Ulrich Ostergaard, Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen, Nicklas Porsing, Michael Palm Toft, Simon Lambert, Emil Grondal. Also featuring: Chris Harris, Olly Allen, Chris Louis, Tom Perry, Danny Phillips, Tobias Thomsen, Peter Karger and star guest Hans Nielsen

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1