British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Nigel Boocock Ashes Laid To Rest

Whoever came up with the idea of PC doing a lap on an old bike in blue leathers deserves a round of applause, that was a cracking send off.

It also struck me that neither PC or the little lad were wearing helmets. Did Mr Health & Safety turn a blind eye out of respect for Little Boy Blue or could we see the return of speedway riders parading the track on their bikes helmet-less at future meetings?

• Like 1

Whoever came up with the idea of PC doing a lap on an old bike in blue leathers deserves a round of applause, that was a cracking send off.

It also struck me that neither PC or the little lad were wearing helmets. Did Mr Health & Safety turn a blind eye out of respect for Little Boy Blue or could we see the return of speedway riders parading the track on their bikes helmet-less at future meetings?

Yes agreed it was very poignant seeing PC donning blue leathers and also the No1 England race jacket.

Regarding H&S, the speed PC went round the track I would have thought the perceived danger would have been low. It would be nice to see riders parading without helmets - presumably they could only go at a similar speed as PC before it would be seemed dangerous!

Peter's had that suit for a few years. He wore them (even with Booey written on the back) at Johno's testimonial at Coventry in 2008 so I guess it made sense to do the lap for Nigel in them.

• Like 2

You can view 30 minutes' edited coverage (in two parts) from the Day of Celebration, including speeches by Eric Booey, PC and a brief excerpt from an interview we did afterwards with Cynthia Boocock.

Here, top of our home page, at www.retro-speedway.com

• Like 1