British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayPortal

Isle Of Wight Wightlink Warriors 2016

A few ifs about some of the signed riders ,but if they all click could be a very usefull side at home at least,..However i do not see many visiters from the mainland at those prices.. ( other than those on holiday..} without a favourable deal with Wightlink Ferries....Best of luck though ,to the new promotion.....

Hi guys, I believe the costs of entrance, Ferry, Taxi etc is still being finalised. As soon as the figures have been confirmed I will post them up on here for you. There are many options regarding getting over onto the Island with Wightlink ferries :

Lymington to Yarmouth Ferry

Portsmough to Fishbourne Ferry

Portsmouth to Ryde Cat (Foot passengers only)

So at the moment no figures to provide for you, but the knowledge that it is all being finalised to make sure Wightlink Warriors matches are as economical as is possible for all, both on the mainland and for the Islanders.

No more than £40 inc prog would seem ok

Surely the best idea if it fits into your plans is go to the Island for a few days while taking in a visit to the Speedway. Making it known to hotel,B&B,campsite,Pubs etc that you're there for the Speedway they then would hopefully look at the Speedway as an asset to to the Island and could possibly bring in some advertising revenue for the club.

I know my visits to Speedway are few and far between but when I go if I'm asked why I'm in that neck of the woods I say it's for Speedway.

Every little helps as they say.

Edited by Triple.H.

that depends on if you mean the entrance fee or if you're including £80 for b & b and £90 for the ferry :blink:

But you're only talking about if you want to take the car ferry and drive on the island! It can be much cheaper!! They're still negotiating a version of the old Wightlink flyer ticket where you can get foot passenger ferry, taxi/bus to and from the stadium and entrance fee for just over £20 (I can't remember how much it used to be), so if speedway is what you want then it's affordable considering what you get.

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

i have no intension of having holiday in iow so would only go there for speedway but if it is too much money will go elsewhere ie somerset plymouth eastbourne rye poole swindon all of which offer higher class racing

Hey Builderbob. Holidaying on the Island is only one option, and we must try our best to offer affordable speedway for all options. Whether that is for people based on the Island, people just over the water in Portsmouth or speedway fans from further afield.

As for the higher class of racing, well, that is debatable as has been discussed on other threads many times. Sure, the Elite and Premier leagues have better standard of riders, however this doesn't always mean the racing on track is better. It's great that we have the options of many tracks within the south area, and all are to be supported and commended. The national league is a great platform for British riders, many of whom are youth, to make a start in their speedway careers, and at the same time to be guided by more experienced riders who are willing to help them.

All of the points raised regarding costs to the fans in this thread are on the promoters minds, and are considered within their planning.

The fact that you are considering coming over to watch speedway on the Island at the right cost is a great start, lets try and make that happen for you and many others! Andy

Edited by Andy Wightlink Warriors
  • Like 3

That would be nearly double what it was before! !!

That would be nearly double what it was before! !!

Take it the riders will get some sort of deal on ferries long way to go on 10p a mile lol

i love the iow

i have had many restful holidays and i cant wait to come and watch the speedway when the brummies arrive

welcome back to speedway

• Like 2

I personally cant wait for my trip to the IOW to see the eagles win ;)

ooohh fighting talk love it ha ha going to be a great meeting really looking forward to it :-)

• Like 1

Well done to all those who have worked so hard to bring speedway back on the Island.

I can't wait to get back over and hopefully meet up with many old friends again.

Edited by wightlink flyer
  • Like 1