British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayPortal

Isle Of Wight Wightlink Warriors 2016

Thanks for the info. I did check the website but it showed an open date during that week as you say. I just wondered if there were any plans at all for a meeting then.

Hi Stoke Potter, just June 2nd is still reserved at the moment with no plans or further information available at the moment.

I will make a log of your interest and as soon as an announcement for that date has been made I will pop it up on here.

Thanks

Andy

• Like 2

i'm trying to link up a trip to poole and i.o.w but i 'm having a bit of trouble with a few dates. are all of the warriors meetings on a thursday or are some on another night?

Hi gee jay. The up to date fixture dates are on either website or warriors media channel. Some meetings are on tuesdays but most are thursdays.

Andy

Hi gee jay. The up to date fixture dates are on either website or warriors media channel. Some meetings are on tuesdays but most are thursdays.

Andy

many thanks , good luck .

Warriors announce travel details, Wightlink Discounts and launch their travel page, which you can view by clicking the link below.

http://www.wightwarriors.co/travel

Andy

Excellent stuff looks like all angles are covered there---hope i won't be watching the last race from the top deck of a double decker like last time we were there though lol

Warriors announce travel details, Wightlink Discounts and launch their travel page, which you can view by clicking the link below.

http://www.wightwarriors.co/travel

Andy

Looks like a serious travel plan.

Only question is will the "home" suporters on the Island turn out in sufficient numbers to make it sustainable?

Only time will tell.

Richard Weston, obviously we hope and believe they will, and are doing everything we can to help towards making that happen. But as you say, only time will tell, but it won't be for a lack to trying! :)

Andy

• Like 4

some lovely 'double headers' linked to poole's meetings the night before, coventry, kings lynn, belle vue and wolves/cradley but i wonder if one or two might be ruined by sky wanting the fixture switched to a monday especially the belle vue one in may,

Richard Weston, obviously we hope and believe they will, and are doing everything we can to help towards making that happen. But as you say, only time will tell, but it won't be for a lack to trying! :)

Andy

It will be great if you can get a crowd of locals that make it pay-the visitors would be the icing.

• Like 1

some lovely 'double headers' linked to poole's meetings the night before, coventry, kings lynn, belle vue and wolves/cradley but i wonder if one or two might be ruined by sky wanting the fixture switched to a monday especially the belle vue one in may,

Concerns me too. Great opportunity to combine following your teams with a mini-break in a lovely part of the UK.

Fingers crossed that the IOW aren't affected too badly by any re-arranged Pirates fixtures for Sky, though sadly it's inevitable that one or two matches will be moved.

Seems a lot of good feeling around the Warriors launch & hope as many fans as possible (including those of EL clubs across the water the night before) support the venture.

As someone with travel plans already made, hoping Sky leave the Pirates/Aces May clash as it is!

Concerns me too. Great opportunity to combine following your teams with a mini-break in a lovely part of the UK.

Fingers crossed that the IOW aren't affected too badly by any re-arranged Pirates fixtures for Sky, though sadly it's inevitable that one or two matches will be moved.

Seems a lot of good feeling around the Warriors launch & hope as many fans as possible (including those of EL clubs across the water the night before) support the venture.

As someone with travel plans already made, hoping Sky leave the Pirates/Aces May clash as it is!

my 90 yr old mum told us that she would like to go on the ferry to the isle, so we thought we'd double up as she hasn't been to poole either only it's that one which we were looking at and the fixture that's probably the most likely to be switched.