British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayPortal

Isle Of Wight Wightlink Warriors 2016

hmmmm, not sure.

Exactly what I thought.... thought Adam Ellis would be there

glad the club is back, but have to agree about the logo, pretty naff to be honest

Great to see the Isle of Wight back in the NL, but that logo is horrific. Looks like the logo of a children's party entertainer.

Where's the warrior connection?

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

[

Great to see the Isle of Wight back in the NL, but that logo is horrific. Looks like the logo of a children's party entertainer.

Where's the warrior connection?

The people on the logo are warriors.

Exactly what I thought.... thought Adam Ellis would be there

Adam will be PL and EL only.

James Cockle is the second signing for the Warriors

We needed a number 1 and I wouldn't be surprised to see most of them at the same team they were at this year. Plus he seems to go better around big tracks to me. I would've liked Tim Webster but I won't be surprised if he doesn't ride this year again.

Welcome to James and welcome back to BDJ. I'd like something along the lines of Widman at 2, Marc Owen at 5 with a 3 pointer and Cottham at reserve. But some new names, to supplement the old, would be nice.

• Like 1

The people on the logo are warriors.

That's not my idea of what a warrior looks like

• Like 1

Warriors?

Indeed my faux pas - we all make 'em!

Just to reiterate that Andy will respond to all your posts that raise queries as soon as he can but don't worry if it takes a little while i.e. don't expect it to be instantaneous! :wink: Meanwhile keep posting.

James Cockle is the second signing for the Warriors

Actually think its not a bad signing. Was going well around Kings Lynn before injury ended his season. Should clock double figure most weeks at home which is what you want from a number 1.

Going for a team of up and coming youngsters I see.

Plenty of signings to be made yet. That said first season back I would think a team that is solid / mid table would be considered a success?

Win most at home, avoid any embarrassing results and start to build the fan base back up I would suspect is the priority.

• Like 1

Great to see speedway back at Smallbrook.

Very best of luck to Brendan Johnson. He deserves a good season after last years nonsense from Eastbourne.

I remember when you guys had tom brown didn't he average over 9 when on the I.o.w and pretty sure James could do the same for you