British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayPortal

Isle Of Wight Wightlink Warriors 2016

Hi John, still not liking the site then? It is a working progress, we'll get there. :)

Do you mean "a work in progress"? looks like it's not made any progress since 1995! Even so they should be able to spell their riders' names!

Hey John, yes well corrected there. And again, I hold my hands up to the spelling mistake on the website earlier as well, it was corrected soon after it went live. Mistakes are always going to happen John, but we are a team on and off track and help each other in our tasks. Have you any specific comments that can help us improve our website rather than a general dislike to the design etc?

Thanks

Andy

well that rules that out then and actually i think perks will be at cradley back to drawing board what about luke bowen?

well that rules that out then and actually i think perks will be at cradley back to drawing board what about luke bowen?

He can't be at Cradley, they don't have enough points left.

I have no clue then who has previously been at the island or a big track rider is stokes back at KL

Pretty uninspiring signings so far you need a couple of decent heat leaders Cockles ok but he is not a No 1,,Johnson and Saul glad i will not have to watch them each week,,,

• Like 2

Tyler Govier signs. I'm very happy with him. So that leaves 19.2 for 3 more riders in the top 5. Widman, Perks & Owen?

Edited by Islander15

Whilst IOW shouldn't break the bank in their opening year its a pretty dull team so far. Govier & Saul could be the worst NL reserve pairing in the league.

I think Widman is almost a certainty and a change might do him good but so far it seems to be a team of stagnant riders and Owen & Perks wouldn't change that.

• Like 1

A lot depends on BDJ, if it's going good he should be ok, but for a rider who gave up halfway through the season you have to question if he'll be there for the long run. If he puts half as much effort into improving instead of just being an NL journeyman and a bit less time focusing on his "media channel" he might show a bit of promise..

Edited by Countershaftcounter

A lot depends on BDJ, if it's going good he should be ok, but for a rider who gave up halfway through the season you have to question if he'll be there for the long run. If he puts half as much effort into improving instead of just being an NL journeyman and a bit less time focusing on his "media channel" he might show a bit of promise..

Find it a bit odd that a third tier rider is launching a media channel myself but each to their own.

He knows the IOW track well, he has a lot of experience of the league and other tracks he will be visiting, it's a solid but unspectacular signing for the Warriors.

Morning guys. Just wanted to share my general thoughts respectfully on a couple of things if I may.

I appreciate that certain riders may not be everyone's "cup of tea", but especially in light of last seasons incidents on track, these riders, whoever they are, go out and yes whilst trying to make a living, risk their lives at the same time to try and provide entertainment for the fans. In my book that in itself should warrant just a tad more respect by some than has been shown to some riders mentioned on this thread, and in others too across the forum.

Sure, I understand people have judgments on team signings, but lets voice our concerns respectfully not only the riders, but the other members of the forum reading as well. Let alone the riders family and friends who may be reading these threads.

It is my hope to bring the fans closer to the riders and promoters, Expressing opinions disrespectfully in this manner is the route of the cause that has created the divide between the fans and riders/promoters in the first place.

Andy

Morning Ben91, can I ask why you think it's odd for a third tier rider to have a media channel?

Thanks

Andy

• Like 2

First season back, although only a short time away, has to be seen as a 'find-your-feet' season. I don't see IOW being cut adrift at the bottom of the league and for fans who thought they may have seen their last ever IOW meeting that will, surely, be enough. There's nothing wrong with NL journeymen. The league relies upon them, although everyone wants at least a couple of young/new prospects that may light up the team/league.

I don't want be too negative but I must admit I find the new logo a bit too 'fussy' too. Speedway logo's need to be kept simple. A single 'Warrior' in the centre with the W's underneath would have been better IMO. I can understand the comment about the website too. I don't like the text/images floating on the background. A flat design would be my preference. But hey, the club's back and that's far more important. :t:

Morning Ben91, can I ask why you think it's odd for a third tier rider to have a media channel?

Thanks

Andy

I don't see what he will gain from it quite simply and in that same thought process I wonder who will be bothered enough to keep up to date with it. Most people follow a speedway team, the only riders who have big followings of loyal fans are those at the pinnacle of the sport, if it were a Woffinden or Hancock starting a media channel I could see why people would follow it but for a second string racing in a semi-professional league surely he should be looking to do his talking on the track first and foremost.

• Like 1

Hi 21st, appreciate your comments. The logo has caused many comments, this is a good question to put to the promoters. With regards moving images on website, are you referring to the website or the media channel? This has been suggested earlier on this thread and the Portal is making changes to cut down on that. :t:

HI Ben, there are many many benefits for riders having media channels, regardless of age, experience or level. I'd be happy to discuss that on the Portal thread if you would like to know more about it. What I would say though for both riders and teams of all levels, there is much worth in many areas.

Andy