British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayPortal

Isle Of Wight Wightlink Warriors 2016

i thought i'd take a squint at the new logo to see what the fuss is about. looks more like something to do with nascar than anything to do with speedway but what is impressive is the army of sponsors behind the team. can't wait to come and visit one of my favourite places to watch speedway again.

I agree, either that or a KwikFit fitter.

• Like 1

Hi, Andy here on the other account until my new Warriors account has past the test of amount of worthy posts I can make in a day! :)

George is a former Weymouth and Oxford rider. He is still only 24. He's raced at Cardiff twice in the junior match races between the main GP, he's raced in the Brighton Bonanza twice as well. He was one of a crop of riders to start racing at a similar time to Brendan, Auty, Hopworth etc. When Oxford closed down mid season he decided to quit the sport. However, having now a family and a stable hunger to get back into the sport, he has been working really hard to get good equipment behind him. He already has 2 fully setup ready to go bikes of a very good standard, and has got a van also. His family are behind him all the way, and Speedway Portal are sponsoring him not only with a media channel to help him get more sponsors, but also with equipment and any help he needs going forward. He has taken the No.8 jacket, and is so pumped to get back racing again. He loves the Island's track, and along with the other 2 reserves will be pushing each other to get quicker and quicker. And he's a really decent guy as well.

Andy

To see one of Georges races when he was under 15 at the Isle Of Wight years ago, take a look on the media channel in the riders section here.

http://www.speedwayportal.com/#!island-speedway-riders/ys53o

Andy

• Like 1

After reading that I'd put George in at number 6 or 7. I hope if one of the reserves does under perform you put him in the team.

• Like 1

Alex, although George has been racing other motorcycle disciplines since 2007, he has not done any speedway. So although he has much experience from his younger days, being at No.8 means he can now gain much needed track time and practice with very little pressure to get back into it.

Andy

Needa copuple of top signing s me thinks - Darryl Ritchings and ellis perks would fit da bill

Needa copuple of top signing s me thinks - Darryl Ritchings and ellis perks would fit da bill

Yeah maan, but Dazza rides for Ippo on IOW racenights maan.

• Like 3

Unless there's a couple of rabbits in the hat the team looks pretty uninspiring so far. Hope I'm wrong

Yeah maan, but Dazza rides for Ippo on IOW racenights maan.

Yes man your right ,my mistake whippetp

Can ya see any other riders about? IoW sadly look quite weak imho

Yes man your right ,my mistake whippetp

Can ya see any other riders about? IoW sadly look quite weak imho

Ellis, Branford, Perks, Shuttleworth, Nielsen, Webster,

Next signing to be announced this morning circa 10.30am

This needs to be special. The team they have will do well at home but they need a rider that is garunteed 13-15 points away every time

Well have just looked and it is Ellis Perks. So I will be able to see Ellis in Plymouth and also give support while visiting the relatives on the Island. Something to look forward to!

Yes, Ellis Perks joins the Warriors on a 7.14 Average.

Now that's a good signing! Will help the team loads on the road