Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayPortal

Isle Of Wight Wightlink Warriors 2016

I would like nothing more than the Warriors to have a successful season and by that I would say mid table and decent crowds would be considered a success. If they achieve any better then superb.

As for the question marks over signings all fans / enthusiasts are entitled to their opinions and most will be gracious enough to accept it when proven wrong (I was very wrong with Brum last year).

The backing and promotion im certain will be excellent however of the riders signed that I know / know of I question how strong the team spirit will be as there are some fiery characters however that also goes hand in hand with passionate about what they do.

Without doubt IOW has a team of triers it remains to be seen how much success that will bring them?

Great Colin, if you see me floating around do say hi!

Here's a link to a quick video message from Brendan to the Warriors fans on the media channel.

http://www.speedwayportal.com/#!brendan-johnson-interviews-2015/i6ih7

its a wonderful opportunity to attract the holiday market, only been to the IOW once before, but typically it was a blank week!

Looking forward to coming over to IOW next season for the speedway, me and a few friends from hertfordshire have already been looking at b and b's. Hopefully we will be able to do more than once visit.

The Wightlink Warriors will be revealing the identity of the rider who'll complete their 2016 starting line up in two hours time at 4pm.

Wight Warriors announce the final team member is Lee Smart, who comes in on a 5.76 average. So :

2016 WIGHTLINK WARRIORS

James Cockle 8.59

Ellis Perks 7.14

Brendan Johnson 6.21

Mark Baseby 5.88

Lee Smart 5.76

Tyler Govier 3.00

Matt Saul 3.00

George Piper 3.00 (No. 8)

TEAM TOTAL = 39.58 - 40.00

Andy

Sharp signing that. Most teams would be very pleased to have second strings like Smart & Baseby. Yes the averages will shuffle round but the top 5 will all remain solid. If the reserves can do something it should be a good year for the island. That said just being back is a good year and im looking forward to making a trip or two over the Solent.

• Like 1

Could be a bargain on that average as capable of a lot more. If his dad is his mechanic he's worth points for the team every meeting too.

If they can get Smart going & maybe a little lighter he could be a very good signing

• Like 1

This teams top five have strength in depth,,but no true number one unless Smart is back to his very best,,the reserves look weak but then they do in many teams this year,,it remains to be seen which rookies make rapid progress ,and that more than anything will be decisive as to which teams are sucsessfull...

• Like 1