British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayPortal

Isle Of Wight Wightlink Warriors 2016

the key to there success lies with Smart and Baseby both are capable of being 8 to 9 point riders but will they. Cockle is as good as most no1s. Perks has potential to put another 1to1.5 points to his average. Johnson should be able to hold his average. Reserves should beat most reserves at home but may struggle away

Edited by builderbob

This teams top five have strength in depth,,but no true number one unless Smart is back to his very best,,the reserves look weak but then they do in many teams this year,,it remains to be seen which rookies make rapid progress ,and that more than anything will be decisive as to which teams are sucsessfull...

Its a bit early to tell how well the reserves will do they have George Piper at No8 and George is a team man and will support the reserves as much as he can. George is on top equipment and invested heavily as well as having quality backing from sponsors. he has a point to prove but is not at the Wightlink Warriors to take a reserve place but to back up the team. In His first season in the old CL at Weymouth within a few meetings after signing on his 15th birthday he was in the main body of the team. yes he has been out for a few years but he has been racing Moto X. there is more to this team and the promotion than meets the eye ;-)

Edited by Wildcat Steve

If the promotion are as canny as I suspect & if Piper can rediscover some of his old form the club would do well to use him sparingly throughout the season and then play the trump card once they make the play offs.

That said both the IOW reserves are a bit fragile so im sure he will get plenty of meetings and if he is on good kit then good on him and those around him.

• Like 1

If the promotion are as canny as I suspect & if Piper can rediscover some of his old form the club would do well to use him sparingly throughout the season and then play the trump card once they make the play offs.

That said both the IOW reserves are a bit fragile so im sure he will get plenty of meetings and if he is on good kit then good on him and those around him.

As I say George is here to back up the team and both reserves will find their feet its what the League is for to bring on young talent.

Hi guys, I'm still recovering from a great time on the Island with the Weekend Warriors crew and the celebration Party. For those of you that missed it and would like to watch what went on etc, the videos will be up on the Warriors media channel within the next couple of days.

Andy

• Like 1

Thanks Andy was gutted I was to rough to go :-(

Hi guys, for those of you that were there and would like to watch again, or to those that couldn't make it and would have liked to have been there. The Wightlink Warriors Celebration Party Riders Introductions video is now available to watch on the Speedway Portal on the Website in the Warriors media channel. Many more interviews to follow.

Speedway Portal apologise for the quality of the audio/visual in the video, this unfortunately was beyond our control this time.

http://www.speedwayportal.com/#!ww-home-page/pbcfz

Andy

Edited by Andy Wightlink Warriors
  • Like 1

how much is going to cost to watch a warriors match?

that depends on if you mean the entrance fee or if you're including £80 for b & b and £90 for the ferry :blink:

Sod £90 for the ferry id rather swim!

Wightlink ferry around £65 return without any potential speedway discount (which I believe they used to offer) so not cheap but achievable as a once a season I think.

See you in the summer.

Sod £90 for the ferry id rather swim!

i have to settle on the £90 as i can't swim. so any problems it's women & children & me first

• Like 1

Hi guys, I believe the costs of entrance, Ferry, Taxi etc is still being finalised. As soon as the figures have been confirmed I will post them up on here for you. There are many options regarding getting over onto the Island with Wightlink ferries :

Lymington to Yarmouth Ferry

Portsmough to Fishbourne Ferry

Portsmouth to Ryde Cat (Foot passengers only)

So at the moment no figures to provide for you, but the knowledge that it is all being finalised to make sure Wightlink Warriors matches are as economical as is possible for all, both on the mainland and for the Islanders.