British Speedway Forum
steve roberts

John Louis Book

Just received my copy today! Looks superb and can't wait to read it!

• Like 1

Louis book soars

SALES of the new John Louis book continue to soar and within a few days of the launch, publishers Retro Speedway were already anticipating a re-print.

The Ipswich Witches legend launched A Life in Speedway at Foxhall Community Centre in his home-town last Thursday, when several hundred fans turned out to chat to him and get his 288-page book signed in person.

Louis said: "It was great to see how many people turned up and I was amazed to find that some had travelled from as far away as Newcastle and the Midlands. I thoroughly enjoyed chatting to everyone and to hear that my racing days had brought so much enjoyment to them."

'Tiger' John, who retains a promoting interest in Ipswich with his son Chris, has another book signing scheduled for WH Smith's in Ipswich town centre this Thursday (December 10), from 5.00-8.00pm.

"The response to JL's book has been incredible and it looks like we'll need to order a re-print," said Retro Speedway's Tony McDonald.

"The launch night went extremely well. As well as spending three hours patiently chatting to fans and signing books, like the fine ambassador he is, John was also interviewed by Donovan Blake for ITV, who broadcast it to millions of viewers in the Anglia region. It wasn't just great publicity for the book itself, it was also excellent PR for Ipswich Speedway and the sport in general."

If it works, you can view the ITV footage by following the link below:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/886170671477053/

If it doesn't work for some reason, simply visit the dedicated group Facebook page called John Louis: A Life in Speedway. You may like to visit the page anyway, to view many comments posted by group members.

You can order the Louis book (£16, post-free) from us at Retro Speedway by phoning 01708 734 502 or visit www.retro-speedway.com