British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
2ndbendbeerhut

"new Visa's"

As far as I am aware Mason Campton gets back in because he won the Queensland Championship at the weekend and the rules state that they have to finish in the top 4 of their state/national championships to get a visa as of right...............

Where the 5.00 average for Jake Allen comes from I am not sure..............

RP

finish top 4 or have a average of 7 or higher

Meanwhile....

Nielsen 4.74

Ellis 4.67

Morris 4.53

dont have PL places.....

I always thought that until there were no EU riders left out of the job. If you can an employ someone who doesn't need a work permit you have to employ them first. This isn't a speedway specific thing but a work permit thing.

Seems mad to me!

I always thought that until there were no EU riders left out of the job. If you can an employ someone who doesn't need a work permit you have to employ them first. This isn't a speedway specific thing but a work permit thing.

Seems mad to me!

Technically the three riders that were mentioned are employed as they are racing in other leagues............

RP

when chris kerr was ridding over here he was given 2 or 3 year to maintain his average it wasnt put back upto 7pts untill this period ran out or he switched to a different team not sure which was first

Chris alerts averages was NEVER reset. Which I'm sure would have been one of thing the UKV&I highlighted last winter.

Technically the three riders that were mentioned are employed as they are racing in other leagues............

RP

Good point!

Actually, does Ash Morris have a team place?

Edited by SCB

there was deffinatly talk of chris kerrs average being put back up to 7

maybe it was if he changed teams rather than stick with the team he started

• Like 1

Riding for Cradley I believe

Correct he is at Cradley...........

RP

Rob Godfrey has explained the rule changes, proposed by Alex Harkess, in the Speedway Star.

New riders will, as we've found out, come in on 5 points, but they will have to have gained a 7 point average by the time their visa is due for renewal. That could be one, two or three years and if they don't achieve it they then have to qualify via the championship route. As an example, Scunthorpe are giving Taylor Poole a 3 year contract which gives him 3 seasons to reach a 7 point average.

The best news though is that any new foreign rider, including Europeans, won't drop below a 5 point average for the next year which will protect the NL reserve. Existing foreign riders with an average will be able to keep it but the 5 point minimum will apply for the following season. As examples, Paco Castagna and Coty Garcy keep their 3 point averages next season, but if they haven't reached 5 by the end of the season, they come back in 2017 on 5. Also if Zach Wajtknecht gets an average better than Jake Allen and/or BWD, as long as it's below 5 he'll stay at reserve.

• Like 1

Rob Godfrey has explained the rule changes, proposed by Alex Harkess, in the Speedway Star.

New riders will, as we've found out, come in on 5 points, but they will have to have gained a 7 point average by the time their visa is due for renewal. That could be one, two or three years and if they don't achieve it they then have to qualify via the championship route. As an example, Scunthorpe are giving Taylor Poole a 3 year contract which gives him 3 seasons to reach a 7 point average.

The best news though is that any new foreign rider, including Europeans, won't drop below a 5 point average for the next year which will protect the NL reserve. Existing foreign riders with an average will be able to keep it but the 5 point minimum will apply for the following season. As examples, Paco Castagna and Coty Garcy keep their 3 point averages next season, but if they haven't reached 5 by the end of the season, they come back in 2017 on 5. Also if Zach Wajtknecht gets an average better than Jake Allen and/or BWD, as long as it's below 5 he'll stay at reserve.

At least that is sensible , I've long thought that foreign riders coming in on a 5 point average shouldn't be given an average that dips below that .

Now if only someone (or a group of people) had come up with this great idea before!!

Now if only someone (or a group of people) had come up with this great idea before!!

If they had, they must be thick or biased or both.

• Like 1

Interesting that they've used Somerset as the example, to explain the last point - Any reason for this?

All seems to make sense though.

Interesting that they've used Somerset as the example, to explain the last point - Any reason for this?

All seems to make sense though.

I guess Somerset were used as they have two foreign riders on 5pt assessed averages

• Like 1