British Speedway Forum
Bradford Hawk

Coventry After 2016?

There is supposed to be a plot of land being looked at and more news before Christmas but who knows?

At the last Stock car meeting , the Stox promoter put in his programme that they were hoping to name a site before Xmas.

Good luck in completion of a new venue

At the last Stock car meeting , the Stox promoter put in his programme that they were hoping to name a site before Xmas.

Good luck in completion of a new venue

as nice as it is (if) the bees stay in business, its dreadful such a wonderful venue is being lost. Has the brit final venue for 2016 been announced yet? how nice would it be

for the home of the british final take a final bow at Brandon?

I recently watched the last lap at Exeter on you tube, when Ivan Mauger brought the curtain down. Any chance Ole Olsen could do the same

going to sound biased here, but having seen National stadium (pictures only) at this point, I still see Brandon as a better stadium.

The back straight cover is great, which Manchester don't have, the home stand is still as good as any I seen in domestic speedway, and the pits area for fans to view is fantastic.

Edited by ColinMills
  • Like 1

Could always share with Wolverhampton.. Dogs permitting..

going to sound biased here, but having seen National stadium (pictures only) at this point,

The back straight cover is great, which Manchester don't have, the home stand is still as good as any I seen in domestic speedway, and the pits area for fans to view is fantastic.

Now for a stadium that is being purpose built that does suprise me, you would have thought being the NATIONAL Stadium and going to hold top FIM meetings they would have given the fans two covered grandstands. I mean, its not going to stop raining in Manchester just because BV have a new stadium..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

The back straight cover at the National Speedway Stadium is massive.

I thought it was open? if theres a back straight cover, I stand corrected

.....starman2006........Could always share with Wolverhampton.. Dogs permitting.

I know you mean Greyhounds but that would be the end of me supporting Coventry after 32 years. :neutral: In fact it might be the end for me anyway if they locate somewhere to the other side of the city, or Rugby, and it's no longer a quick journey down the M69 for me to get there.

I thought it was open? if theres a back straight cover, I stand corrected

Have a look at the photos here...........http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/other-sport/speedway/scott-nicholls-admits-new-national-10570531

I know you mean Greyhounds but that would be the end of me supporting Coventry after 32 years. :neutral: In fact it might be the end for me anyway if they locate somewhere to the other side of the city, or Rugby, and it's no longer a quick journey down the M69 for me to get there.

Have a look at the photos here...........http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/other-sport/speedway/scott-nicholls-admits-new-national-10570531

thank you, id not seen that

Its not Gem, but that could posibly be your best bet in the short term.

Good to see there is a roof on the backstraight grandstand, although the stand doesn't look, very deep, but the picture could be poor.

thank you, id not seen that

Yet you still posted your ill informed nonsense...

• Like 1

Yet you still posted your ill informed nonsense...

was there need for that? really?.. you see, I had seen many pics of the new stadium. id not seen they

had a back straight stand.. i think you will find i accepted my error (which many on here would never do).

your response was pointless after id already held my hands up, but feel free to continue your

posts- to or about me- if that makes you feel happy from your keyboard.......

Edited by ColinMills
  • Like 6

was there need for that? really?.. you see, I had seen many pics of the new stadium. id not seen they

had a back straight stand.. i think you will find i accepted my error (which many on here would never do).

your response was pointless after id already held my hands up, but feel free to continue your

posts- to or about me- if that makes you feel happy from your keyboard.......

He's a waste of space Colin on any thread.

• Like 2