Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Bradford Hawk

Coventry After 2016?

It was a genuine question. I don't know who's behind it.

I know it was. And i also pointed out then theres the rent. Fields don't come cheap..

Assuming a plot of land can be found who would be financing the stadium build?

Presumably Mr Sandhu being as he always promised to build a stadium before demolishing the one at Brandon? He's a man of his word isn't he? :unsure: Shame he can't just leave us where we are and build his houses in the field they may or may not have found.

.....Starman2006........I know it was. And i also pointed out then theres the rent. Fields don't come cheap.

Why would a field be rented? They're not going to graze Sheep on it. :lol: Surely the 'field' would have to be bought being as there is going to be a track, stadium and car park built on it so it's no longer a field.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

hope the can find a resolution.

With no team/track in Oxford i will miss my desperate attempts to get from Oxford to Brandon on a late friday Evening.

At the last Stock car meeting , the Stox promoter put in his programme that they were hoping to name a site before Xmas.

Good luck in completion of a new venue

Which christmas??!!!

If Mr Sandhu is behind the re-location then presumably it will be for speedway and stock cars? If so the stadium and facilities will have to be far grander than Leicester (for example) to cope with the larger stock car crowds and associated space for all the race cars and transporters.

Is it foolish to hope for something exciting to come out of this sad story?

Yes. :P When Mr Sandhu has got his millions from housing he won't be bothered about a couple of sports. Remember he bought the stadium in the first place with the intention of building houses on the land and Speedway owes him nothing the way he was treated when he wanted everything to be fair and above board.

• Like 4

If Mr Sandhu is behind the re-location then presumably it will be for speedway and stock cars? If so the stadium and facilities will have to be far grander than Leicester (for example) to cope with the larger stock car crowds and associated space for all the race cars and transporters.

I believe him and Jeremy Heaver have a license to run Stock Cars. They think they will get a crowd of 10k+ at the end of the 2016 season. Its makes them money im sure so I do believe they have the intention of a new stadium, its one thing having intentions and quite another delivering it.

Yes. :P When Mr Sandhu has got his millions from housing he won't be bothered about a couple of sports. Remember he bought the stadium in the first place with the intention of building houses on the land and Speedway owes him nothing the way he was treated when he wanted everything to be fair and above board.

One thing about business people they always want to make more money. A new stadium could still prove lucrative for someone like Sandhu.

......woz01......One thing about business people they always want to make more money. A new stadium could still prove lucrative for someone like Sandhu.

I hope you are right.

speedway folk from every track will realise what a massive loss Brandon will be

to british speedway once that final chequered flag is waved. that place will be heaving in october

• Like 3

Presumably Mr Sandhu being as he always promised to build a stadium before demolishing the one at Brandon? He's a man of his word isn't he? :unsure: Shame he can't just leave us where we are and build his houses in the field they may or may not have found.

Why would a field be rented? They're not going to graze Sheep on it. :lol: Surely the 'field' would have to be bought being as there is going to be a track, stadium and car park built on it so it's no longer a field.

Mr Sandhu certainly is a man of his word , he bought into Coventry Speedway with the intention of pushing the Ochiltrees out and building houses on it , so he's kept to his word , and he told he us he had no partner ,but then had to pay the inland revenue his money laundering partners half of the stadium to the Inland revenue or lose it all , if you are looking to Sandhu to do anything other than make positive noises until he has got his way then sadly you are being fooled . no new site and no protest against him taking the old one for housing I would say the Dishounourable Avtar Sandhu is pretty much getting it all his way ,,

• Like 1

I spoke to St. John of Buildbase :lol: at the Track Shop a couple of weeks before Christmas. I asked him about the 'new' stadium plans and although he did not go into specifics, his reply of "Keep The Faith" is enough to keep me optimistic about the post-2016 future of Coventry Speedway.

ATB

Dave

Edited by Gambo

Mr Sandhu certainly is a man of his word , he bought into Coventry Speedway with the intention of pushing the Ochiltrees out and building houses on it , so he's kept to his word , and he told he us he had no partner ,but then had to pay the inland revenue his money laundering partners half of the stadium to the Inland revenue or lose it all , if you are looking to Sandhu to do anything other than make positive noises until he has got his way then sadly you are being fooled . no new site and no protest against him taking the old one for housing I would say the Dishounourable Avtar Sandhu is pretty much getting it all his way ,,

"The Ochiltrees" you mention was actually just Martin by then. I'm guessing he didn't need much pushing, he was glad to take the money and get out. Probably saw the writing on the wall.

I don't know if this forum was going at the time, but if it was slagging off the promotion at every opportunity as certain contributors do now, who can blame him. If I was on the receiving end of some of the libel that appears here, I'd tell you where to stick it.

• Like 1

"The Ochiltrees" you mention was actually just Martin by then. I'm guessing he didn't need much pushing, he was glad to take the money and get out. Probably saw the writing on the wall.

I don't know if this forum was going at the time, but if it was slagging off the promotion at every opportunity as certain contributors do now, who can blame him. If I was on the receiving end of some of the libel that appears here, I'd tell you where to stick it.

It's commion Knowledge that both Martin and Linda were still running Coventry Speedway ,And were absolutely distrought at being forced out . so your guess is wrong on more than one count ,