British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Nl Track Of The Year Is....

No we do not, we get them to raise their game so that standards are improved

Got to agree with Waco. Some of the ref decisions are bonkers and that is in all 3 leagues and international.

My old man was really interested in being a ref as an ex rider he feels he will understand situations better. But we had no response to emails from either the BSPA or the SCB. Whilst he would like to ref still how on earth do new refs apply officially?

Not sure how it works but as a qualified football ref I know that both sides rate the ref after the game and even at grass roots level referees are assessed by senior refs on a random basis. How are Speedway refs graded.

Obviously crashes depending on the angle of view are contentious decisions (look at gp's when multiple replays are available, even after 8 angles the decision is still 50/50)

It's enforcing other rules where the situation is more frustrating.

Some meetings riders get 3 or 4 warnings to stay still during the meeting,others I believe rightly send people back 15 on their 2nd offence.

One that sticks in the mind this year was a 5 lap race at kent where Ben Morley broke down on lap 5 and had to push 3/4 of a lap for a point. Everyone accepted that it was a 5 lapper and the race should be re run (or the result after 4 laps being declared) except the ref.

• Like 3

Cant see how Cradely won the track of the year?

Eastbourne was there for the KO Cup final and the meeting should not have started as the track was so bad, they then took the top layer off and delayed the meeting by an hour and the track was not a lot better, but i guess thats why they won the track of the year for no unknown reason, might be because Peter Morris is the only track he went too?

complete joke. I think the refs need to get a bit closer to the sport not sit up on the high and mighty stall, i think its all a con and corruption with in the BSPA and the SCB, your face fits you get what you want and even worse with Keith Chapman at the helm.

• Like 1

A little bit strange to give the award to us. Our riders didn't seem to get on well with the track all season & our fans didn't like it much either.As for voting, the referees yes but, so should all team managers & captains so that both sides of the fence have a say.

A little bit strange to give the award to us. Our riders didn't seem to get on well with the track all season & our fans didn't like it much either.As for voting, the referees yes but, so should all team managers & captains so that both sides of the fence have a say.

being impartial :rofl: referees should be the only ones to decide really, captains and managers will always have their own agenda. arlington will have had a few black marks during the dusty sunday afternoons against it but some of the other tracks must have been quite poor aswell.

ISTR that refs being scored by TMs at each match was dropped some years ago, a contribution to the decline in standards perhaps.

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding of the track awards. It isn't decided by an end of season vote, there are specific safety and track prep criteria scored at each round which are totalled to decide the awards and track shape and quality of racing don't come into it. Even if Cradley scored 0 for the final meeting, they'd only need to score higher than Birmingham in a few meetings to beat them overall.

Seems to work doesn't it? 3 trophies and every meeting won at home!

Yes---only one trophy that means anything though and if that's the way you like to win meetings and call it racing fair enough...

Edited by Brummiestormer

Yes---only one trophy that means anything though and if that's the way you like to win meetings and call it racing fair enough...

Have you been to Eastbourne? (other than with Birmingham?) must have just been your team that didn't like racing there! Anything is better than nothing with the state of the sport now

• Like 1

Have you been to Eastbourne? (other than with Birmingham?) must have just been your team that didn't like racing there! Anything is better than nothing with the state of the sport now

Yes came down with some of my Sheffield Tigers mates a long time ago a couple of times---agree with your last point though to be honest---sooner have easty than not at all and of course our rivalry which has lasted from the 70s lol

• Like 1

Think some one is a bit miffed the Eastbourne 50 pence piece did not get in the top 3

Need 4 corners before you can be voted a good speedway track.

• Like 1

You don't, because track shape isn't one of the criteria scored.

• Like 1

Hahahahaha owned

better luck next year, still the programme of the year to play for :rofl::cheers:

If Eastbourne don't win that I will be amazed :D Edited by Al3x200