British Speedway Forum

Not content with posting pure guff on the Berwick threads, you now come up with this little beauty.

No worries, let's hope it's a good line up and dry, sunny, spring weather

No worries, let's hope it's a good line up and dry, sunny, spring weather

IMO Kings Lynn is an excellent venue for this meeting and I hope it will be packed, at least we know who wont be presenting it. :D

No surprise, is it? No sooner does Buster take over the top job than the plum meetings all get "allocated" to King's Lynn.

BenFund Bonanza in March, GP Challenge in May AND the U-21 World Final in June!

Explanation please, Buster --- in six seasons that Alex Harkess was top man, Edinburgh didn't get a single money-meeting.

Did you really take on this role to make UK speedway better? Or just to line your own pockets?

Why have this meeting on the same day and time as the World Speedway Riders Assoc Dinner/Dance which has been arranged for twelve months.

A lot of people would like to go to both events and can't. I suppose it's too much to hope for two different bodies in Speedway to ever consult each other over dates.

Why change the habits of a lifetime, it just beggars belief

• Like 1

Explanation please, Buster --- in six seasons that Alex Harkess was top man, Edinburgh didn't get a single money-meeting.

Incorrect as Edinburgh got a British semi a couple of years back. Maybe not quite as prestigious, but it's still a good meeting to be granted!

• Like 1

According to Twitter Rory has been asked for some input in making the presentation better :approve: If it's only 25% as good as his testimonial it will be a vast improvement.

• Like 1

According to Twitter Rory has been asked for some input in making the presentation better :approve: If it's only 25% as good as his testimonial it will be a vast improvement.

Agreed, and I also hadn't realised that he and Mads Korneliussen had been added to the rider list already.

Ben Barker and Simon Stead to take part in the Meeting on 12th March:

http://www.kingslynnstars.co/2016/01/14/british-duo-to-race-in-ben-fund-bonanza/

I hadn't realised that Ben had taken part in each Ben Fund meeting since 2009, so kudos to him.

yes indeed he has and they presented him with a badge from each one at swindon to say thankyou.

yes indeed he has and they presented him with a badge from each one at swindon to say thankyou.

If only every rider has this kind of commitment to the Ben Fund meeting, but credit to Barker for taking part in all the meetings so far.

• Like 2

He won the one held at Poole too didn't he?

Edit. Brum. I was thinking of the New Year Classic meeting.

Edited by dj350z

This will be the first Ben Fund i've missed, can't believe this clashes with the WSRA

This will be the first Ben Fund i've missed, can't believe this clashes with the WSRA

that's gutting no wonder you agreed with crazyb . i suppose you could be really 'orrible and pray for rain.

• Like 1

that's gutting no wonder you agreed with crazyb . i suppose you could be really 'orrible and pray for rain.

I don't pray for rain, all I pray for is for all speedway folk, whoever they are, promoters, riders or fans toorganise events without clashing with each other. Although it isn't easy it might work if everyone talked to each other. As I said it's a forlorn hope in speedway unfortunately.

Chris Harris now added to the start list for the meeting on 12th March, making it Chris' fifth Ben Fund Meeting appearance.

Bjarne Pedersen, Richie & Steve Worrall, Ulrich Ostergaard, Josh Bates and Nicolai Klindt also added to the line up.

Edited by macca56
  • Like 1