British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kraftwerk

Slovenian Fim Speedway Gp 30th April 2016

I'm currently in Poland and the replay of what was the live feed from BSI on youtube is available here now. I'm not sure if the live feed itself was available as I didn't look for it during the meeting as it was on TV in the bar I was in.

It was slightly strange if it is what we got in Germany through youtube....saw everything,but as soon as they interviewed a rider the sound went dead and we could hear the stadium announcer etc until they went back to the studio and all was ok again!!!! Great stuff though for free,so I am not complaining about not being able to hear riders going on about why they lst points or went well as it is all usually boring stuff.So no complaints from me. :D

It was slightly strange if it is what we got in Germany through youtube....saw everything,but as soon as they interviewed a rider the sound went dead and we could hear the stadium announcer etc until they went back to the studio and all was ok again!!!! Great stuff though for free,so I am not complaining about not being able to hear riders going on about why they lst points or went well as it is all usually boring stuff.So no complaints from me. :D

We had the exact same.

Or Gary Havelock

Can you get subtitles on BT Sport.

• Like 7

Some people are never satisfied.

Especially when they don't want to be :wink:

• Like 1

AND a different (bigger, wider) track than last year with the pits outside rather than inside the stadium. Material used for laying the track has been stored inside since last year's debacle and constantly measured for moisture content. I'm led to believe that the track will go in this week with a full scale test, al la Cardiff 2015, a week tomorrow.

Wasnt the Cardiff shale stored in a moisture controlled environment and checked for moisture too? The year it was nearly called off.

thats kildermands style a bit like lindback

for me i love watching kildermand if full flight he was brilliant at times round workington up the back straight

it would not surprise me if peter was top 3 end of season

almost 50% of gps hes made the final speaks for itself really

thats kildermands style a bit like lindback

for me i love watching kildermand if full flight he was brilliant at times round workington up the back straight

it would not surprise me if peter was top 3 end of season

almost 50% of gps hes made the final speaks for itself really

I know totally agree my comment was a sarcastic response to someone

• Like 1

Wasnt the Cardiff shale stored in a moisture controlled environment and checked for moisture too? The year it was nearly called off.

IT was the infamous covered pyramid but I think the lessons learned then have drastically changed the manner in which the material is stored.

Also, the big problem that year was when the dirt was transported from the storage site to the Millennium it was pouring with rain and by the time it arrived was soaked.

[quote name="PHILIPRISING" post="2773466"

Also, the big problem that year was when the dirt was transported from the storage site to the Millennium it was pouring with rain and by the time it arrived was soaked.

Nobody had the idea of covering it with homolgated tarpaulin while it was transported in an area which is well known for high rainfall.

Seems to me that there needs to be a more common sense approach to preperation to hopefully prevent simple problems causing a PR disaster.

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 1

Nobody had the idea of covering it with homolgated tarpaulin while it was transported in an area which is well known for high rainfall.

Seems to me that there needs to be a more common sense approach to preperation to hopefully prevent simple problems causing a PR disaster.

I see what you did there :rofl:

• Like 2

Were the lack of sound issues during rider interviews isolated to youtube streaming or to the live BT Sport broadcast too - obviously NP & KT could hear what was being said - found it disappointing to say the least.

Were the lack of sound issues during rider interviews isolated to youtube streaming or to the live BT Sport broadcast too - obviously NP & KT could hear what was being said - found it disappointing to say the least.

I think it was a You Tube issue.

I thought the new lady presenting from the studio seemed very knowledgeable and professional and asked Scott all the right questions.

I think it was a You Tube issue.

I thought the new lady presenting from the studio seemed very knowledgeable and professional and asked Scott all the right questions.

NATALIE Quirk ... she is and she did.