Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

So for 50 years you attended a sport that incensed you on a weekly basis..

Only when it was changed to incense you less frequently, you decided you'd had enough.

Okey doke. We've got the picture. :)

I accept that you don't like tactical rides, but I would also suggest you simply weren't enjoying the speedway as much as you had in the past and therefore the part you disliked (tacticals) over rode any enjoyment you still had.

Post removed by The White Knight.

I will not lower myself despite provocation.

Edited by The White Knight

B0LLOX!!!

I've tried every which way to explain my position to you and you will not accept it.

You really do leave me with no alternative other than to say SOD OFF!!!

I mean that in the nicest possible way of course.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BWitcher you absolute legend! :D

Muslims and Jews have Friday as their holy day. That's an option that leaves Sunday's free.

Might convert myself, so I never need to go to Armadale again. :P

why is the double fairer than the tac sub?

With the double point rule you cannot track the same 2 star riders in the last 3 heats of the meeting to turn a ten point deficit into a two point win with 3 successive five ones. Seen it done a few times Hamill / Hancock , Correy / Ermolenko were the best exponents. It made a mockery of team speedway when 2 guys could have 6 rides each and win a meeting on their own. Edited by New Science

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BWitcher you absolute legend! :D

Too late old bean.... :nono:

You can find more information here

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

:D

• Like 2

With the double point rule you cannot track the same 2 star riders in the last 3 heats of the meeting to turn a ten point deficit into a two point win with 3 successive five ones. Seen it done a few times Hamill / Hancock , Correy / Ermolenko were the best exponents. It made a mockery of team speedway when 2 guys could have 6 rides each and win a meeting on their own.

how could 2 away riders of been in the last 3 heats? heat 11 away team 1 and 2 heat 12 was 3 and 5 and heat 13 was 1 and 4..

(someone correct me if that wrong) the old 13 heat formula..?...I do recall, especially wolves, running us close with virtually 2

riders, but that was down to team building, which, all promoters had choice in which to go top heavy, and tactical timing

by the manager..

Nice original post.

I was actually trying to help you out of the hole you have dug for yourself White Knight.

Too late old bean.... :nono:

You can find more information here

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

:D

Nice one Jacques. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

how could 2 away riders of been in the last 3 heats? heat 11 away team 1 and 2 heat 12 was 3 and 5 and heat 13 was 1 and 4..

(someone correct me if that wrong) the old 13 heat formula..?...I do recall, especially wolves, running us close with virtually 2

riders, but that was down to team building, which, all promoters had choice in which to go top heavy, and tactical timing

by the manager..

New Science will have been referring to the 15 heat formula.

Example.

Cradley or Wolves 10pts down..

Hancock/Hamill ... Ermolenko/Correy in Heat 13.. 5-1.. 6down.

Double tac sub in heat 14.. same pairing comes in... 5-1.. 2 pts down

Same pairing in Heat 15.. 5-1.. match won.

• Like 2

New Science will have been referring to the 15 heat formula.

Example.

Cradley or Wolves 10pts down..

Hancock/Hamill ... Ermolenko/Correy in Heat 13.. 5-1.. 6down.

Double tac sub in heat 14.. same pairing comes in... 5-1.. 2 pts down

Same pairing in Heat 15.. 5-1.. match won.

yep, point taken

Blimey even Gusty doesnt lower himself to levels like that. And you didn't even mask the swearing ? Tut tut...

A disgraceful post Twk.

I did find something you said earlier strange tho:

"Eventually I got to the point of saying to myself - I don't need this - for Health reasons alone I am packing it in until the Double Points is no more"

Citing Health reasons and the double points rule in the same breath is frankly bizarre to say the least. If that is truly the case, you're perhaps better well away from speedway.

Blimey even Gusty doesnt lower himself to levels like that. And you didn't even mask the swearing ? Tut tut...

A disgraceful post Twk.

I did find something you said earlier strange tho:

"Eventually I got to the point of saying to myself - I don't need this - for Health reasons alone I am packing it in until the Double Points is no more"

Citing Health reasons and the double points rule in the same breath is frankly bizarre to say the least. If that is truly the case, you're perhaps better well away from speedway.

Possibly.

Now if 'Dumb and Dumber' would take my reasons for packing in as the truth - perhaps we can move on.

It's cracks me up ..only 5 mins the above poster makes a comment about people turning to name calling when people can't debate the point ...and then the above ..something he does all the time ..there again seeing your double standards on the points debate it comes as no shock

This is what he put

Aaahhhh yes - the last option from the intellectually challenged when the argument is lost.

Personal abuse.

I'm not really surprised in your case.

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

It's cracks me up ..only 5 mins the above poster makes a comment about people turning to name calling when people can't debate the point ...and then the above ..something he does all the time ..there again seeing your double standards on the points debate it comes as no shock

This is what he put

Aaahhhh yes - the last option from the intellectually challenged when the argument is lost.

Personal abuse.

I'm not really surprised in your case.

Read it again orion.

No name calling - just factually correct. I am beginning to despair of your powers of understanding too.

• Like 1