British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Don't see the significance at all. Council elections are totally different to a general election. I'd keep my local councillor in because he does a good job as a councillor. Why would I vote to change that to make some point or other in an election that has no relevance anywhere other than in the council chamber?

• Like 5

On 7/24/2019 at 7:51 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

Just over 99 days at a guess:party:

Cant wait to get our country back !

33 minutes ago, Dornier fixer said:

Cant wait to get our country back !

Helluva lot of people in Scotland and Ireland thinking the same. Blackford welcomed the 'last PM of the UK'........

• Like 2

So Bojo now says he has ruled out a GE. before 31st Oct.

Barnier has ruled out any change to the May deal

Parliament won’t pass the May deal.

So if it stays like that the law says we leave on the 31st Oct without a deal, and can’t be stopped 

Holding to your hats guys the roller coaster ride is about to start:)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, E I Addio said:

So Bojo now says he has ruled out a GE. before 31st Oct.

Barnier has ruled out any change to the May deal

Parliament won’t pass the May deal.

So if it stays like that the law says we leave on the 31st Oct without a deal, and can’t be stopped 

Bring it on!!!! :t::approve:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, E I Addio said:

I doubt it will even start  . The rides closed 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, iris123 said:

The way of things to come .. Brexit party taking tories votes but not enough to win letting the Labour and the libs in … I think you might correct this must have been rigged thou .

• Like 1

Brexit is fooked. Johnson won’t get the changes he demands from the Eu. Parliament won’t allow a no deal to go through. Johnson will push for a no deal. Voted down. Then lose a confidence vote. GE. Brexit party will Nick a lot of conservative votes allowing Lib Dem’s to surge. End up with a Lib Dem/labour govt and the end of brexit.

The Chance was there for brexit but the ERG blew it. Should have voted for Mays deal. Won’t get another chance.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Brexit is fooked. Johnson won’t get the changes he demands from the Eu. Parliament won’t allow a no deal to go through. Johnson will push for a no deal. Voted down. Then lose a confidence vote. GE. Brexit party will Nick a lot of conservative votes allowing Lib Dem’s to surge. End up with a Lib Dem/labour govt and the end of brexit.

The Chance was there for brexit but the ERG blew it. Should have voted for Mays deal. Won’t get another chance.

Is that why Macron's invited Boris to have a word with him in Paris? He could say nothing's changing over the phone from his holiday home rather than meet face to face. I agree Boris won't get everything he wants but they will strike a deal - and Macron does want the UK out of the EU sooner rather than later but isn't keen on 'no deal'.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Out we go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You need to watch this - Jacob Rees-Mogg at his first House business questions

I'm sure that you've heard enough about the default setting and Johnson doesn't have to do anything and it's doubtful that parliament can stop it.

• Like 1

It’s all different now someone has the nouse to keep No Deal on the table, and with a cabinet supporting him, should always have been there. EU say there may be prepared for a no deal, don’t hear of any plans to keep the German motor industry fed with parts from the UK, are they not going to build any more cars? The UK press has been busy supporting Remain, and have hardly covered anything going on in the EU 27. Iris is hardly going to be impartial, and hasn’t. So UK doesn’t know the full going’s on. Rep of Ireland has a new voice for the UK to listen to, Coveney, makes a nice change from “squeaky”, but you can tell the new voice on the block is nervous of the prospect of No Deal.  The default at end of October is Leave, Parliament has already agreed that, and Boris knows he and Conservative party are toast if they don’t deliver, then an interesting 97 days yet to come.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So how will Parliament stop no deal going through ? There won’t be a vote on no deal . They have already voted to leave on 31st Oct. If the clock runs down and nothing is agreed by 31st Oct , out we go.Thats the law.

The only thing that stops us leaving would be an extension to Article 50 or some sort of Parliamentary trickery to stop it. At the moment even Dominic Grieve and Oliver Letwin say they have run out of options. 

Its not the ERG that blew it, it’s Corbyns Labour. They had the opportunity to get behind May so she could go to the EU with a united front that would get a decent deal through Parliament but Corbyn played politics instead, and went cap in hand sucking up to Barnier. Yesterday was his last chance to get a no confidence motion before 31st Oct but he bottled it. 

I am not saying No Deal is a good thing , in fact it’s an indictment of Parliament, and some might say Mays leadership as well,  but that’s where we are now.

In other news, it was reported this morning that Johnson and Trump are in advanced discussions on an Anglo-American trade deal. We will have to wait and see what that brings.

Edited by E I Addio