British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

1 minute ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Maybe only the messenger, but I don't recall you saying it was said by Bydgoszcz President when you regurgitated it. And coming from the Deputy GP Director, one might easily be confused it was some sort of officially sanctioned excuse... :rolleyes:

THE only people confused are you and iris123. The reasons as put forward by the Bydgoszcz hierarchy (and I might add the Mayor of the town) were plausible along with the fact that Tomasz Gollob had been denied a wild card place. Anyone with any knowledge of the relationship between Gollob and his hometown cub would appreciate and understand that his absence would be detrimental. Anyway, this has nothing to with being in or out of the European Union.

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE only people confused are you and iris123. The reasons as put forward by the Bydgoszcz hierarchy (and I might add the Mayor of the town) were plausible along with the fact that Tomasz Gollob had been denied a wild card place. Anyone with any knowledge of the relationship between Gollob and his hometown cub would appreciate and understand that his absence would be detrimental. Anyway, this has nothing to with being in or out of the European Union.

Well here's a reminder of what you actually said... 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any mention of the Bydgoszcz promoter or mayor amongst that lot, although the dodgy formatting does suggest a cut-and-paste from the BSI excuses library... :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Well here's a reminder of what you actually said... 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any mention of the Bydgoszcz promoter or mayor amongst that lot, although the dodgy formatting does suggest a cut-and-paste from the BSI excuses library... :D

AS I say, this has nothing to do with In or Out of the European Union ... but comments were based on information and views of the local promoters. If you wish to continue this pointless conversation suggest you post it in the appropriate place on the bsf but I have no intention of repeating myself ad infinitum.

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AS I say, this has nothing to do with In or Out of the European Union ... but comments were based on information and views of the local promoters. If you wish to continue this pointless conversation suggest you post it in the appropriate place on the bsf but I have no intention of repeating myself ad infinitum.

i remember you saying it myself .. 

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Seems like the UK has a surplus in the west country......either you or phloppy needs to move eastwards to balance things out :rofl:

I appear to be living rent free in iris's head. 2020 should be considered the best year of the decade by comparison :D (although 2016 was pretty decent :drink:)

Edited by Phlipphlopp
  • Like 1

So just who are these people within Westminster who are trying to sabotage Pritty Patel and her policy’s to sort out immigration? And anyone notice Obama being conveniently rolled out again in our media, dark forces are at play  

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

So just who are these people within Westminster who are trying to sabotage Pritty Patel and her policy’s to sort out immigration? And anyone notice Obama being conveniently rolled out again in our media, dark forces are at play  

...just full of rhetoric like previous Home Secretaries.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Probably the experienced people who pointed out the impracticality and unworkableness of her nonsensical policies, and got shouted at because they were simply impossible to implement.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Probably the experienced people who pointed out the impracticality and unworkableness of her nonsensical policies, and got shouted at because they were simply impossible to implement.

I've said it time and again I have a relation who works on Border Control and continually 'spits nails' when successive Home Secretaries "spout their stuff" in the House which bares no relationship to what's going on in reality.

• Like 1

Patel is arrogant and the civil service is obstructive to change.

Take your pick.

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Patel is arrogant and the civil service is obstructive to change.

Take your pick.

My mother was a local councillor some years ago and policies that were made at the Town Hall then had to be clarified and made workable by the officers...and they used to despair with some of the policies put to them by some members of the City Council. York Council was caught with its "pants down" a few years back when it was decided to close off one of the bridges to traffic and the legal team had to bail them out using tax payers money.

Well - not long to go now.

Will we get a deal or will we not?

At least we will be masters of our own future and not tied to the coat-tails of the EU.

Unless the Government weakens it's stance on Fishing and the amount of support given to our businesses we will prosper eventually.

The EU had nothing to do with how we supported our Companies before we joined - they should have no say when we leave.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

Well - not long to go now.

Will we get a deal or will we not?

At least we will be masters of our own future and not tied to the coat-tails of the EU.

Unless the Government weakens it's stance on Fishing and the amount of support given to our businesses we will prosper eventually.

The EU had nothing to do with how we supported our Companies before we joined - they should have no say when we leave.

And still the penny hasn't dropped ! Your selfish glee won't go down very well with others in Sunderland as Nissan have announced that they are virtually certain to be leaving. Well done :angry:

23 minutes ago, jrs said:

And still the penny hasn't dropped ! Your selfish glee won't go down very well with others in Sunderland as Nissan have announced that they are virtually certain to be leaving. Well done :angry:

IF, repeat if, there is no deal. Reports today that a deal is 90 per cent done. Could still fall apart but there is some positivity. 

6 hours ago, steve roberts said:

My mother was a local councillor some years ago and policies that were made at the Town Hall then had to be clarified and made workable by the officers...and they used to despair with some of the policies put to them by some members of the City Council. York Council was caught with its "pants down" a few years back when it was decided to close off one of the bridges to traffic and the legal team had to bail them out using tax payers money.

As a post script...that's often the dilemma between politicians (whether local or national) and those expected to put policies into practice (nationsl and local civil servants of which I was one once upon a time).

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1