British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

48 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Anything that gets us in the she-ite is good for me. I don't need of anything from anyone, so it will only bugger up other peoples lives for some radical dream I share with some other weirdo's

Edited for accuracy :D

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Edited for accuracy :D

I think you should be more concerned with the dire form of the IRA supporting football club in Glasgow personally :D

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

I think you should be more concerned with the dire form of the IRA supporting football club in Glasgow personally :D

Boris should speak to Neil Lennon.....has has no difficulty leaving Europe in an orderly manner.....

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Boris should speak to Neil Lennon.....has has no difficulty leaving Europe in an orderly manner.....

Not you as well :nono:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Phlipphlopp said:

50 people ? 4 times more than that work thriving in my small depot. Barrell scratching much ?

But one of those people makes more in a day than all your depot does in a week :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

But one of those people makes more in a day than all your depot does in a week :D

Nah. They've just put placemen there. Just a low profile back office. All the bigwigs are where the action is , London.

Here we go..... a brexiteer moving his business to mainland Europe. Wonder why? 
Billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe has chosen to build the “British” successor to the Land Rover Defender 4x4 in France, rather than Bridgend in Wales.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/dec/08/ineos-boss-opts-to-build-british-heir-to-land-rover-defender-in-france

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Here we go..... a brexiteer moving his business to mainland Europe. Wonder why? 
Billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe has chosen to build the “British” successor to the Land Rover Defender 4x4 in France, rather than Bridgend in Wales.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/dec/08/ineos-boss-opts-to-build-british-heir-to-land-rover-defender-in-france

They must know something we don’t!!!

Won’t be long before we get all the excuses why Ratcliffe had made this decision!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

That was worth a double like...:rofl:

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, dj350z said:

They must know something we don’t!!!

Won’t be long before we get all the excuses why Ratcliffe had made this decision!

You would have thought by now this corrupt and pathetic government would be braying about all the wonderful benefits about to come our way with a no deal brexit. But what do we hear? Absolutely nothing. Because there are no benefits unless you own a hedge fund or are trying to avoid paying hundreds of millions in tax on your offshore bank accounts. 

George Osborne sums the whole sorry mess up in an editorial today in the Standard. ‘Only a small percentage of a small percentage would have voted for what we are going to get this week, if they had known this in 2016”. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phlipphlopp said:

50 people ? 4 times more than that work thriving in my small depot. Barrell scratching much ?

So how many banks have been moving their European headquarters, along with their capital, to the UK since Brexit then? :rolleyes:

Then there's all the UK bank accounts held by European residents (including many expat Brits) that are having to be closed because UK banks can no longer offer services in the EU. Something else that wasn't on the side of the bus... 

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Dashcam has long since given up on Land Rover, so that'll be something else that'll be dismissed as irrelevant... :D

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Read it online today and I think it’s also on the bbc website. Quoting the boss of the federation of supermarkets who said it will be far worse than when panic buying started with the first COVID lockdown. Is time there is a serious possibility that shelves will not be replenished quickly, and prices will be much higher.

If Johnson says there’s no deal, expect empty supermarket shelves in the next couple of weeks. I am well stocked up so not bothered too much. Wouldn’t like to be a supermarket security guard in the next few months!

Why would the shelves be empty before anything changes?...even by your recent standards that's poor bait!

• Like 2