British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Doubt anyone would now be heading to the Canaries. Shapps  has just chucked 14 days quarantine on anyone returning from there.

Interestingly Our group was going to book 14 nights in Tenerife for some great winter paragliding in January. I gave been to Tenerife for paragliding the last three years as the air is unstable and we fly in the lee of Teide with great heights and fun cross countries. Looks like it’s not going to be happening this winter for Brits, due to toss pot brexit voters. In February we usually go to Algodonales but again we my be hit with the same issues.

Nothing to do with covid restrictions then:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Doubt anyone would now be heading to the Canaries. Shapps  has just chucked 14 days quarantine on anyone returning from there.

Interestingly Our group was going to book 14 nights in Tenerife for some great winter paragliding in January. I gave been to Tenerife for paragliding the last three years as the air is unstable and we fly in the lee of Teide with great heights and fun cross countries. Looks like it’s not going to be happening this winter for Brits, due to toss pot brexit voters. In February we usually go to Algodonales but again we my be hit with the same issues.

...or more accurately those that didn't bother to vote.

• Like 1

I listened to everyone's favourite James O'Brien, for a while this morning. 

It was mostly Brexiters, saying they didn't vote for 'no deal'..

It concluded that perhaps a 'no deal' Brexit will result in most people coming together.. 

Cuz, everyone just knows........

Love getting home from work and reading Mr SS at work on his project BS on here ! Much better reading than the boring Brussels loving Air Miles and the plastic one from Hamburg  :D

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THEY would not be happy with being told by the EU to close their borders to British passport holders ... which they are not.

NO, it demonstrates you don’t read the posts you reply to, you just have to get you opinion across regardless.

How can you make the comment that Italy, Portugal and Spain would not be happy with having to close their borders then contradict it with a story from EasyJet that says it is not true?

I thought you were involved in journalism?!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dj350z said:

NO, it demonstrates you don’t read the posts you reply to, you just have to get you opinion across regardless.

How can you make the comment that Italy, Portugal and Spain would not be happy with having to close their borders then contradict it with a story from EasyJet that says it is not true?

I thought you were involved in journalism?!!

COMMONSENSE ... and insults will get you nowhere. 

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

For the life of me I never understand what you are on about when you repeatedly post this.

I always understood you were/are a cart dealer - are you not?

23 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

I always understood you were/are a cart dealer - are you not?

Nooooooooo.

Steve’s an art dealer, a sort of Brian Sewell of Little Boasting.  :D

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Nooooooooo.

I thought I’d read on here he was a cart dealer :o

2 hours ago, YerRopes said:

I listened to everyone's favourite James O'Brien, for a while this morning. 

It was mostly Brexiters, saying they didn't vote for 'no deal'..

It concluded that perhaps a 'no deal' Brexit will result in most people coming together.. 

Cuz, everyone just knows........

Well done for listening for a while. I used to try but he's just so depressing , smug and out of touch with the majority outside of the M25 that he gets 30 seconds at best these days!

13 hours ago, Crumpet80 said:

I'm going Sunday for a month.

Perhaps not. All airlines about to cancel flights as insurance won’t be valid....

11 hours ago, DC2 said:

Nooooooooo.

Nothing to boast about its hard work. Yesterday went to auction in Maidenhead, then in afternoon to another in Guildford. Returned home, ate, then parcelled up 27 paintings which go out today to France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Germany, Sicily, Sardinia, Romania, Taiwan, Belgium, Austria and Balearics. 

Only one needed customs invoice. For the rest, it’s like posting to Wolverhampton. From January 1st I will have to have customs invoices for every single one of them. As I sell around 80-100 paintings a week, the extra work involved will be palpable. For no extra money. Why on earth would I, or anyone running a business dealing with eu customers, want something detrimental to their business?

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nothing to boast about its hard work. Yesterday went to auction in Maidenhead, then in afternoon to another in Guildford. Returned home, ate, then parcelled up 27 paintings which go out today to France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Germany, Sicily, Sardinia, Romania, Taiwan, Belgium, Austria and Balearics. 

Only one needed customs invoice. For the rest, it’s like posting to Wolverhampton. From January 1st I will have to have customs invoices for every single one of them. As I sell around 80-100 paintings a week, the extra work involved will be palpable. For no extra money. Why on earth would I, or anyone running a business dealing with eu customers, want something detrimental to their business?

It’ll all be worth it to get oor fish back...! :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Just now, Humphrey Appleby said:

Correct...

31 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

On the bright side you’ll soon be able to parcel up fish and post them to France!  :D