British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

The only people celebrating companies going to the wall and people losing their jobs are Remainers, enjoying a self-congratulatory “I told you so”!

I am sure that most remainers are like me and want to be wrong, we voted remain as we thought that best for the country.  For anyone to think differently is grossly insulting

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I am sure that most remainers are like me and want to be wrong, we voted remain as we thought that best for the country.  For anyone to think differently is grossly insulting

How do you explain Shovlar’s tears of laughter? 

11 minutes ago, DC2 said:

How do you explain Shovlar’s tears of laughter? 

Not for me to explain what Shovalar does 

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHERE are the French going to get fish to replace what their fishermen can no longer harvest? And what are the French going to do with nothing to sell?

The problem is that the EU sells us £80billion of produce a year, which is about 8% of their total sales

We sell the about £8billion pounds per year which is 40% of our total sales

Much easier to find new markets for 8% than 40%

there was an ex MEP on TV the other day basically saying how dare they give up £80billion worth of trade, they have to deal with us

That was part of the arrogance of the supporters who said a deal would be easy, they sell more to us than we do to them

• Like 2

Just now, The Third Man said:

The problem is that the EU sells us £80billion of produce a year, which is about 8% of their total sales

there was an ex MEP on TV the other day basically saying how dare they give up £80billion worth of trade, they have to deal with us

That was part of the arrogance of the supporters who said a deal would be easy, they sell more to us than we do to them

But the same doesn't apply to the businesses of individual countries within the EU. For many no deal is every bit as difficult as it is for the UK.

How do you think they will feel about being dictated to by Macron, again?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Is that why the French aren’t making a fuss about fish?  :D

On 12/9/2020 at 9:52 PM, E I Addio said:

I’ve no idea why 7% of elite public school boys get 95 % of top jobs. Perhaps it’s the old school tie that gets them there but I suspect your definition of a top job is different to mine. All the statistic says to me is that 93% of elite public school boys don’t get a top job so it’s doesn’t say much for an education that is expensive but not expansive, ( as Geoffrey Boycott said about Richard Illingworth :rolleyes:)

Who is belittling education ? I am not, so yet again you are seeing something that’s not there. I totally agree with Speedy 69 who said skills are acquired in many different ways, all of them useful in the right place. In fact rumour has it that one of the smartest brains in Swindon has found his vocation washing up in Noodle King:).

You have the advantage on me having been through two universities. I never went through one. Wasted all my schooldays daydreaming about speedway. How shocking is that ?:nono:

Public Schoolboys do get the top jobs re: Prime Ministers 98% of senior army officers go to public school. That's why we had a Social Mobility Commission. One of the worst is newspapers. 

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHERE are the French going to get fish to replace what their fishermen can no longer harvest? And what are the French going to do with nothing to sell?

I see the pounds nearing parity again....looks like we'll take a more haircuts on 01/01/21. What a mess and I had no part in it. So the pound has dropped 25% since 23/06/16 that doesn't seem like a success to me.

54 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

In 2019, UK exports to the EU were £294 billion (43% of all UK exports). UK imports from the EU were £374 billion (52% of all UK imports). The share of UK exports accounted for by the EU has generally fallen over time from 54% in 2002 to 43% in 2019.

Ursula's no fool she's called the Brexiteers bluff. Checkmate !!! She can smell the BS. Boris is going to have to back down. All the empty threats of were empty lol.

5 minutes ago, Pieman72 said:

Ursula's no fool she's called the Brexiteers bluff. Checkmate !!! She can smell the BS. Boris is going to have to back down. All the empty threats of were empty lol.

WHY will Boris back down? 

He went into this game of High Stakes Poker and lost. Tryng to negotiate separately is desperation. It's the old public schoolboy trick divide and rule. 

Edited by Pieman72
Grammar

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

The only people celebrating companies going to the wall and people losing their jobs are Remainers, enjoying a self-congratulatory “I told you so”!

Why would one have sympathy for farmers or anyone with a business who voted to leave?

Its rather different if you voted to remain and you lose the business you spent 30+ years building up.

Either way it is not great for the economy is it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Not celebrating at all

Th ones i feel sorry for are the ones that saw it coming and the ones who were conned into believing it by the lying politicians

However the ones who should be holding there heads in shame are basically the same ones who should be holding their heads in shame after the enquiry into Covid is held 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HAD a kip yesterday, does that count?

Our Hump has a problem with Kippers:D

• Haha 1