British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

7 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Is it not a game of who blinks first going on at the moment. Since Thursday it seems the EU has cut means of communication between the UK and individual countries in the EU, we are told so the UK cannot curry favour with any individual country ie Germany of France. So who is the first to crack, UK or EU? I reckon rhere will be more then a few sqeaky bums between now and Sundy night deadline.  A lot more time between now and the 31st Dec, more time to come to some deal I reckon.

If the EU import less from UK then they export to UK, and tariifs have to be paid, UK should be quids in. Enough to give money to those UK companies that are paying tarrifs. Surely.

Its down to money, its down to percentages

the amount the EU exports to us, is about 8% of there total exports, which is much easier to replace then the around 40% of our exports that go to the EU

Much rather find new markets to cover 8% than 40%

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

One is a raving lunatic, the other is Adolf Hitler.

(2nd video).

The irony is, it was quite likely The Mad Monk Vehofstadt , and one or two like him, coupled with project fear from Osborne and Cameron/ Obama that drove enough undecideds into the Leave camp that secured the narrow victory.

These people still don’t realise that when it’s a hearts and minds issue , shouting and waving your arms, about and talking down to people doesn’t work. 

• Like 3

The Athens government, meanwhile, has praised the work of its coast guard and highlighted the 80% reduction of migrant arrivals this year. It has struggled to cope with the thousands of migrants and refugees who have made it to Lesbos.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55231203

6 minutes ago, iris123 said:

The Athens government, meanwhile, has praised the work of its coast guard and highlighted the 80% reduction of migrant arrivals this year. It has struggled to cope with the thousands of migrants and refugees who have made it to Lesbos.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55231203

What’s that got to do with “EU - in or out”?

Unless it’s an argument for the UK to leave?  :D

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

What’s that got to do with “EU - in or out”?

Unless it’s an argument for the UK to leave?  :D

Give it up. You are out of your depth. It is not my job to keep explaining things for you as if I was a kindergarten teacher. Go and play with Blu. He is on your sort of level with all his fake news twitter rubbish :D

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

Give it up. You are out of your depth. It is not my job to keep explaining things for you as if I was a kindergarten teacher. Go and play with Blu. He is on your sort of level with all his fake news twitter rubbish :D

So, in short, you don’t know.  :D

Thought so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BUT not divided equally ... Germany the big loser (cars, white goods, etc)

Given that German imports, such as cars, already attract a premium price compared to their "lesser" Japanese competition, do you think people will be put off by having to pay an additional premium due to tariffs? I think there is enough badge snobbery for products like BMW, Mercedes, VW and Audi to make the impacts of tariffs marginal.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

If the EU import less from UK then they export to UK, and tariifs have to be paid, UK should be quids in. Enough to give money to those UK companies that are paying tarrifs. Surely.

Tariffs are ultimately paid for by consumers through higher prices.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DC2 said:

So, in short, you don’t know.  :D

Thought so.

You just have to read it, but have shown you are incapable of understanding

Funny you should mention short, because it always spring to mind when you come along in association with plank and thick:party: 

17 minutes ago, iris123 said:

You just have to read it, but have shown you are incapable of understanding

Funny you should mention short, because it always spring to mind when you come along in association with plank and thick:party: 

WHY do you insist upon throwing childish insults around like confetti. Stick and stones and all that... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHY do you insist upon throwing childish insults around like confetti. Stick and stones and all that... 

Because that particular person comes out with lies that I have supposedly posted and always acts the fool. Sorry, but people like that don’t deserve being treated with respect. If the cap fits B)

The article I posted is full of examples as to why it is relevant to the EU topic. The person in question even a while back made it part of this discussion that he didn’t see any customs checks etc in Greece . You see where we are heading now ? And still he needs it spelt out like a , well child is probably the less insulting thing that springs to mind

one example to help you out

Greece has denied it uses such methods, insisting it is complying with European and international law and protecting the borders of the European Union.

Edited by iris123

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

Does that mean you think May and Ivan Rogers did have an intention of reaching a deal ( other than a bad one )?  If yes, they didn’t do a very good job of it , if no then they are as culpable as you say Johnson is. In either case we just as well have walked out with no deal on Day 1

What really scuppered negotiations from the very start for the UK was remain supporting MP's taking no deal off the table immediately in the hope of overturning the referendum decision. Had all efforts gone into creating the best conditions for leaving from the start it is very likely we would be in a different place now. Instead Remain supporting politicians deliberately made leaving as difficult as possible.

Although a decent deal would have been the best outcome by far I do think that leaving without a deal would be better than leaving with a bad deal now. In the long term business interests both sides of the channel will want a better deal and as there will no longer be a need to punish the UK for leaving a better deal along the lines of those agreed with other non EU countries be negotiated. The idea that having agreed to never drop current standards we should then blindly agree to meet all future standards imposed by the EU is plainly ridiculous and a purely political move generated to save some of the politicians faces, never mind that they are cutting their members noses off to make themselves look good.

Having said that I suspect that a deal will still be reached but it will suit nobody very well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Just ignore him, that’s Iris’s MO, resort to insults when he doesn’t know the answer and pretend to be on a higher plane.

It gives him some self-esteem.   :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BUT not divided equally ... Germany the big loser (cars, white goods, etc)

But not a word from those German car manufactures saying get a deal

Or from Merkle supporting a deal at any cost

So another reason given for a deal being an easy thing to do has long gone