British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

So much for Brexit creating jobs for locals. Quess the locals didn't fancy it... :rolleyes:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-fruit-veg-pickers-eu-b1775742.html%3famp

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

There are no 'locals' near many of these farms, most workers live on site or get bused in from a nearby mobile home park...

Correct Blu, as has been said several times throughout thread , but Humph still keeps taking over the coals hoping to find something. We have needed foreign workers to pick the crops since 1946 and nobody has suggested otherwise. Poor old Humphs suffering from a severe case of Shovlar- 19 :party:

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, TonyE said:

That, in itself, is an assumption on your part. You do not know why people made the decisions that they did - pap came from both sides often accompanied by bizarre predictions of what would happen either way. Just because someone does not share your views on an issue you cannot pre-suppose their reasons for doing so - it is, after all, a balance between the two choices and one made after 'considering' all the 'information' at hand.

Let's face it Brexiteers were looking for the most gullible and poorly educated by the lies that were spun.

1) £350 million to the EU every week.......lie.

2) 76 million Turks having access to the UK.....lie.

3) The EU would be climbing over each other to sign a trade deal.....lie.

4) The UK would boom following Brexit.....lie.

5} British jobs for British people....lie.

6) The Pound would be a strong international currency re: UKIP....lie.

8) Australian trade deal i.e. no deal....lie.

9) That we'd leave the jurisdiction of the ECJ..lie.

Sorry about the twaddle 'Phil' but this will give you something to chew on.

This is not balance it's  rock and hard place.

Vote Leave and Leave.EU was about Acorns and Trees and planting misinformation typical propaganda re: Operation Mincemeat. If you make the information credible 'Phil' and his highly intelligent mates believe it. The reason they insult my observations as twaddle is they can't think of anything credible to counter my argument.

Edited by Pieman72
Grammar

16 minutes ago, Pieman72 said:

Let's face it Brexiteers were looking for the most gullible and poorly educated by the lies that were spun.

Seems they missed you then. No loss though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Seems they missed you then. No loss though.

Hooked you though Floppy...:P:D

1 minute ago, Dietbowers said:

Hooked you though Floppy...:P:D

Had ya jab yet 'bowers ? Being old and vulnerable (specifically vulnerable to buying a round of drinks) :D:drink:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Pieman72 said:

1) £350 million to the EU every week.......lie.

2) 76 million Turks having access to the UK.....lie.

3) The EU would be climbing over each other to sign a trade deal.....lie.

4) The UK would boom following Brexit.....lie.

5} British jobs for British people....lie.

6) The Pound would be a strong international currency re: UKIP....lie.

8) Australian trade deal i.e. no deal....lie.

9) That we'd leave the jurisdiction of the ECJ..lie.

Vote Leave and Leave.EU was about Acorns and Trees and planting misinformation typical propaganda re: Operation Mincemeat. If you make the information credible 'Phil' and his highly intelligent mates believe it. The reason they insult my observations as twaddle is they can't think of anything credible to counter my argument.

Nah, I think most people voted out because (a) they believe Brussels bureaucrats waste money, and (b) they want control of our immigration.

And neither of those points can be contested.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Had ya jab yet 'bowers ? Being old and vulnerable (specifically vulnerable to buying a round of drinks) :D:drink:

Not yet,and what`s the point in buying you a drink,you`re already away with the fairys....;):P

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Nah, I think most people voted out because (a) they believe Brussels bureaucrats waste money, and (b) they want control of our immigration.

And neither of those points can be contested.

Oh so our Government do account for wastage and don't waste money on their friends. That's ok immigration won't stop it'll just come from India we need these skills as they are very well educated. Why can't these point be contested you don't set the agenda.

It's so sad on here why resort to insults?

13 hours ago, Pieman72 said:

1) £350 million to the EU every week.......lie.  Not the whole truth but not an outright lie

2) 76 million Turks having access to the UK.....lie....Don't actually remember this one so may be right

3) The EU would be climbing over each other to sign a trade deal.....lie.....They certainly still seem very keen to conclude a deal

4) The UK would boom following Brexit.....lie......Completely unknown as yet

5} British jobs for British people....lie.....Certainly in the low paid sector that looks like being true and it's an important sector for many.

6) The Pound would be a strong international currency re: UKIP....lie.....Another unknown as yet

8) Australian trade deal i.e. no deal....lie......Unknown

9) That we'd leave the jurisdiction of the ECJ..lie.....Unknown but at the very least part true

10 hours ago, Pieman72 said:

Oh so our Government do account for wastage and don't waste money on their friends. That's ok immigration won't stop it'll just come from India we need these skills as they are very well educated. Why can't these point be contested you don't set the agenda.

Therefore one layer of political wastage is clearly better than two. Immigration will come from world wide and be restricted to those who benefit the country, absolute winner.

10 hours ago, Pieman72 said:

It's so sad on here why resort to insults?

I refer you to the parts of your post in red. As far as you are concerned all leavers voted that way because they are gullible and thick. Plenty of counter arguments put to yours but you have such a well developed sense of superiority you cannot believe they could possibly be worth acknowledging.

The nearest I got to your 2 universities was lots of union bars as a youngster. The best knowledge I gained from that is that you should never equate academic education with intelligence levels.

• Like 1

And just as a reminder I will take your 'lies' and raise you:

Leave vote immediately followed by a recession.

Emergency budget within days of a leave vote.

No country willing to give us a trade deal as good as they would give the EU.

Migrant camps in S.E. England

Tusk: Western political civilisation destroyed by a leave vote.

Average UK household £4300p.a worse off

EU Army no more than a fantasy

3M job losses in the UK following a leave vote.

Never forgetting Camerons heavy hint at the possibility of WW3

Something else I learned many years ago was that politicians lie when campaigning and that it is never, ever restricted to just one side.

Edited by Vince
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Vince said:

Therefore one layer of political wastage is clearly better than two. Immigration will come from world wide and be restricted to those who benefit the country, absolute winner.

I refer you to the parts of your post in red. As far as you are concerned all leavers voted that way because they are gullible and thick. Plenty of counter arguments put to yours but you have such a well developed sense of superiority you cannot believe they could possibly be worth acknowledging.

The nearest I got to your 2 universities was lots of union bars as a youngster. The best knowledge I gained from that is that you should never equate academic education with intelligence levels.

I can equate with that having worked in a University Department for seventeen years and mixing with academics at all levels in the workplace since.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vince said:

Something else I learned many years ago was that politicians lie when campaigning and that it is never, ever restricted to just one side.

Again, I agree 100%.

1 hour ago, Vince said:

NICE one ...