Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Funny how Brexiteers have dismissed opinion polls that have consistently shown the opposite, not to mention the MSM. :rolleyes:

A poll conducted by a newspaper is pretty invalid all things considered, but even that's within the margin of error and also shows waning support for Brexit. You didn't mention that of course... :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Funny how Brexiteers have dismissed opinion polls that have consistently shown the opposite, not to mention the MSM. :rolleyes:

A poll conducted by a newspaper is pretty invalid all things considered, but even that's within the margin of error and also shows waning support for Brexit. You didn't mention that of course... :rolleyes:

Here we go. Of course opinion polls are rubbish. But the cheap tat dealer from Sherborne keeps telling us that everyone he sees has remain leading by 60%+.  Besides , even though we disagree , at least myself and SS live here rather than decamping to the other side of the world :D

Edited by Phlipphlopp
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Funny how Brexiteers have dismissed opinion polls that have consistently shown the opposite, not to mention the MSM. :rolleyes:

A poll conducted by a newspaper is pretty invalid all things considered, but even that's within the margin of error and also shows waning support for Brexit. You didn't mention that of course... :rolleyes:

PREDICTABLE reply... of course it is only a poll in the eye of the beholder but does rather go against your numerous claims that most people who voted Leave have either died or gone senile and been replaced by a younger generation who want to stay. The fact is that neither you nor me, Leavers or Remains, know for sure what a second referendum would hypothetically determine but it does illustrate that the Leave camp isn't going anywhere.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Here we go. Using Covid as an excuse to try to exert Brexit pressure.

Pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Funny how Brexiteers have dismissed opinion polls that have consistently shown the opposite, not to mention the MSM. :rolleyes:

A poll conducted by a newspaper is pretty invalid all things considered, but even that's within the margin of error and also shows waning support for Brexit. You didn't mention that of course... :rolleyes:

the Latest Yougov poll shows the vast majority are in favour of leaving with No deal on 31st Dec or extending the transition period to negotiate a deal. . Twice as many prefer one of those options than applying to rejoin.

Personally I am no great believer in polls and never have been but if we are going say anything about them it is that fickle public opinion ebbs and flows. However it is nonsense for yourself and Shovlar to claim that a snap opinion given over the telephone has any real meaning attached to it at all.  The country is and always has been divided pretty much down the middle.

 whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/should-the-uk-leave-the-single-market-and-customs-union-on-december-31st-even-if-it-means-no-trade-deal-extend-the-transition-period-until-there-is-a-deal-or-cancel-brexit-and-request-to-re-join-the/

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Besides , even though we disagree , at least myself and SS live here rather than decamping to the other side of the world :D

Yawn... I was even in Taunton last weekend... :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PREDICTABLE reply... of course it is only a poll in the eye of the beholder but does rather go against your numerous claims that most people who voted Leave have either died or gone senile and been replaced by a younger generation who want to stay. The fact is that neither you nor me, Leavers or Remains, know for sure what a second referendum would hypothetically determine but it does illustrate that the Leave camp isn't going anywhere.

Why don't we have a second referendum to confirm whatever Boris has managed to screw up then? :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Brexit was a first class opportunity for the awkward squad to be awkward no matter the consequences. This is becoming such a car crash.

Share this post


Link to post

So the ports into France have all been closed for a minimum of 48 hours from midnight tonight. No traffic going out. Thought France didn’t have sovereignty due to being a member of the E.U.? Sounds like they have it all along.

Netherlands have now just done the same. Panic buying about to start. Hope you are all fully stocked up. Won’t be a sprout available in a day or so. :rofl:
 

This is a crisis for supply chains just 11 days before the shock of Brexit. The French ban applies to inbound freight but many European drivers won’t head to the UK if they can’t immediately make the return trip. The next 48 hrs will be a preview of what’s coming in two weeks.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So the ports into France have all been closed for a minimum of 48 hours from midnight tonight. No traffic going out. Thought France didn’t have sovereignty due to being a member of the E.U.? Sounds like they have it all along.

Netherlands have now just done the same. Panic buying about to start. Hope you are all fully stocked up. Won’t be a sprout available in a day or so. :rofl:
 

This is a crisis for supply chains just 11 days before the shock of Brexit. The French ban applies to inbound freight but many European drivers won’t head to the UK if they can’t immediately make the return trip. The next 48 hrs will be a preview of what’s coming in two weeks.

WHAT has this got to do with Brexit? It is a decision solely based on England's current Covid infections.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Won’t be a sprout available in a day or so. :rofl:

 

Apparently shipments of old masters are backing up too, nervously for some! :D

Share this post


Link to post

Ian Wright, @Foodanddrinkfed CEO: “Tonight’s suspension of accompanied freight traffic from the UK to France has the potential to cause serious disruption to UK Christmas fresh food supplies... Truckers will not want to travel here if they have a real fear of getting marooned.”

There will be panic buying at the supermarkets from 6 am tomorrow. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

 

 Won’t be a sprout available in a day or so. :rofl:
 

 

THE aptly named. Brussels sprouts will be no loss:neutral:

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ian Wright, @Foodanddrinkfed CEO: “Tonight’s suspension of accompanied freight traffic from the UK to France has the potential to cause serious disruption to UK Christmas fresh food supplies... Truckers will not want to travel here if they have a real fear of getting marooned.”
 

BUT it has not been caused by Brexit ...

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHAT has this got to do with Brexit? It is a decision solely based on England's current Covid infections.

I wouldn't put money on that. I reckon they were looking for a way to show what they can do and we handed it to them on a plate.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy