British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

28 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Yep , have them here for six months then try to find them ( because you don’t know where they live) deport them at taxpayers expense , then have them turn round and come straight back again. What a lot of sense that makes.

So you admit that even after Brexit we won't have control of our borders, because just as now, there'll be nothing to stop people from "visiting" Britain and then once they're here they can simply overstay and the authorities will have no way of finding and deporting them?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

To clarify, I’ve just asked my daughter what she has had to do to get continued employment in the Czech Republic. Basically it means giving proof of residency , proof of employment , proof of health insurance ( which her employers pay anyway) and basically proving she is a responsible citizen able to support herself ,  which frankly I think are tests any responsible government would apply , but under FOM they can’t stop anyone simply turning up. 
So it seems the idea that Brexit will take away the so- called right to work abroad is another falsehood that has been perpetrated on the BSF ;)

Europeans always take a more pragmatic approach than we do and should have done. 

9 minutes ago, MattK said:

So you admit that even after Brexit we won't have control of our borders, because just as now, there'll be nothing to stop people from "visiting" Britain and then once they're here they can simply overstay and the authorities will have no way of finding and deporting them?

WE will control borders

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

One thing for sure is that any figures you produce, or conjure with, is usually seriously under suspicion. It's not me that has the reputation on here for lying and reference avoiding is it, as several other posters have had the same experience with you for the whole of the COVID period. Never trust a DC2 :D

Only in your dim world where Covid isn’t seasonal, we’ve had only 650,000 cases and nothing is true unless the government says so! :rofl:

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, MattK said:

I don’t know because :-

1.I don’t know what control of our borders means and it seems to me that it means different things to different people, depending on your viewpoint.

2., As I lack your apparent ability to know what’s in a Treaty that has not yet been published let alone received endorsement in Parliament, I have know idea what the terms of the Treaty will be or how the UK Government will respond or enforce illegal immigration

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, MattK said:

We’re talking about the legal framework for control of our borders.  That will now been entirely within our control.  Practical enforcement is another matter altogether.

On 12/23/2020 at 10:47 AM, Gambo said:

Thanks for that Humph.. what a brilliant get out clause to your arguments about 'lies' from either sides!

Leavers lied, but Remainers only exaggerated the timescales! Brilliant!!! You should be a politician.

I was reminded this morning of another one of George Osbornes phoney promises in project fear. He said that in the event of a Leave vote unemployment would immediately rise by half a million. The reality was that until the Covid lockdown unemployment had actually gone down since the referendum.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

I was reminded this morning of another one of George Osbornes phoney promises in project fear. He said that in the event of a Leave vote unemployment would immediately rise by half a million. The reality was that until the Covid lockdown unemployment had actually gone down since the referendum.

He was one politician whose mere appearance on the TV used to offend me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

Yep , have them here for six months then try to find them ( because you don’t know where they live) deport them at taxpayers expense , then have them turn round and come straight back again. What a lot of sense that makes.

This is sort of what happened in Germany when they had a strange system of alternating years for workers from Italy , Turkey and possibly Portugal. The people that were supposed to leave hardly ever did and the system was dropped

50 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WE will control borders

BIT early to be away with the fairies.....;):P:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

One thing for sure is that any figures you produce, or conjure with, is usually seriously under suspicion. It's not me that has the reputation on here for lying and reference avoiding is it, as several other posters have had the same experience with you for the whole of the COVID period. Never trust a DC2 :D

Dave,you okay mate?,you do realise you are posting in daylight,and you normally only come out after darkness sets in....;):P:D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WE will control borders

You're obviously out of touch, no surprise really,  we can't even control our borders now ! So it's time to get real. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

He was one politician whose mere appearance on the TV used to offend me!

Like an ugly, smug and odious Mr Bean.

• Like 1