Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

For someone my age, Steve, you do come across a bit 1940’s Noel Coward, if not slightly Julian Clary!  :D

More like "Tinker" from "Lovejoy" :t:

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DC2 said:

For someone my age, Steve, you do come across a bit 1940’s Noel Coward, if not slightly Julian Clary!  :D

 We could do with Noel Coward on this forum, he'd put you in your place ;)

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, jrs said:

 We could do with Noel Coward on this forum, he'd put you in your place ;)

And you in the back of a van hanging over a cliff!  :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, jrs said:

 We could do with Noel Coward on this forum, he'd put you in your place ;)

Yes "Mad dog's an Englishman" and all that... :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, iris123 said:

In fairness, Stanley Johnson is a Remainer, but it's becoming increasingly clear that Boris's claim to have 'taken back control' is nonsense...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-gas-electricity-supply-uk-fish-stocks-b1780376.html

It's also completely clear that Boris leaving the Brexit agreement to the last minute was nothing but theatricals to play to the Brexit lobby. The EU didn't concede anything, whilst British businesses were left in total limbo over something that could have been sorted back in April. 

Eventually even the Brexiteers will come around to realising that Boris is a charlatan and con-man, and has negotiated a poor deal for the UK. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

And you in the back of a van hanging over a cliff!  :D

"Hang on lads I've got a great idea"

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Dietbowers said:

Has Farage done the same with a passport from Germany,or is it his kids,can`t  remember exactly...

More than a few of the Brexit backers have obtained EU passports so they can retain their rights. 

Making sure there's plenty of serfs who can't leave the country, so they can work in their minimum wage businesses. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

In fairness, Stanley Johnson is a Remainer, but it's becoming increasingly clear that Boris's claim to have 'taken back control' is nonsense...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-gas-electricity-supply-uk-fish-stocks-b1780376.html

It's also completely clear that Boris leaving the Brexit agreement to the last minute was nothing but theatricals to play to the Brexit lobby. The EU didn't concede anything, whilst British businesses were left in total limbo over something that could have been sorted back in April. 

Eventually even the Brexiteers will come around to realising that Boris is a charlatan and con-man, and has negotiated a poor deal for the UK. 

HERE you go again, making outrageous and most likely false assumptions ... the EU, as even they have admitted, have conceded a lot. Norway saying they are jealous of the deal UK achieved, better than theirs. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Norway saying they are jealous of the deal UK achieved, better than theirs. 

HERE you go again, making outrageous claims whilst being judicious with the facts. :rolleyes:

Norway is not saying anything of the sort. One of their eurosceptic parties has claimed it, but that party is not in government nor even the largest opposition party. In fact it's the sixth ranking party in terms of Parliamentary seats, which is the equivalent of taking DUP seriously. :D

And from what I understand of Norway's relationship with the EU, that claim is also total nonsense. Norway is largely in the Single Market, Schengen and has Freedom of Movement. 

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, steve roberts said:

You could say the same about many of the so called 'experts' and/or 'pundits' that proliferate sports programmes. One reason I've given up watching sport on TV with all the over analysis and mumbo jumbo that's spoken...bit like on here sometimes!

We have our own 'mumbo jumbo' expert on here. :rolleyes:

Step up H.A. :party::icon_smile_clown:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

It's also completely clear that Verhofstadt leaving the Brexit agreement to the last minute was nothing but theatricals to play to the Euro lobby. The UK didn't concede anything, whilst European businesses were left in total limbo over something that could have been sorted back in April. 

Obviously it's nonsense but no more so than your original.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Vince said:

If you truly believe that most of the people of this world give a flying f about whether the UK is in the EU or not it's you needs to get out more.

Then you do need to get out more.

In the last couple of days alone, acquaintances from Canada and Taiwan who I hardly know were posting articles from the foreign press saying what a poor deal it was after all the fuss. 

People outside the EU are concerned because it represents a return to parochialism over international cooperation.

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

We have our own 'mumbo jumbo' expert on here. :rolleyes:

Step up H.A. :party::icon_smile_clown:

That title goes to Old Rising Damp. :D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, jrs said:

That title goes to Old Rising Damp. :D

A NEW Year's honour. Would have preferred a knighthood but beggars cannot be choosers. Do I have to go to the Palace? 

 

3 minutes ago, jrs said:

That title goes to Old Rising Damp. :D

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy