British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

6 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Shame that Bluey can't export to the EU anymore then... :D

The irony of the eu accusing the UK lowering food standards post Brexit whilst one of its agencies approves this muck. Staggering .

12 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Nothing wrong with a stir-fry of locusts and/or crickets with a few mealworms thrown in for good measure! ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

I like this.....typical Britain. It was such an important deal, but what with Xmas and a nativity play, just didn't have time to give it a look

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-victoria-prentis-fisheries-brexit-deal-nativity-b892200.html

Dashcam told us that the UK government would be getting to scrutinise the deal, whereas the EU was undemocratic and MEPs didn't get a say. Yet it's quite clear that the European Parliament is getting far more say than the Westminster Parliament got...

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/uk-eu-agreement-parliament/

Just demonstrates how the British public has even less sovereignty than before, despite what the Brexiteers seem to have convinced themselves. 

8 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

The irony of the eu accusing the UK lowering food standards post Brexit whilst one of its agencies approves this muck. Staggering .

The UK isn't the club anymore, so they can make whatever rules they like and the UK has to conform if it wants to export there. 

Mealworms aren't really my thing, but they eat weirder things elsewhere in the world and people seem to survive. 

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

11 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Food of the future. You Wurzels are just afraid the EU will pinch one of your staple foodstuffs :party:

https://www.bugfoundation.com/home-en.html

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Its not a problem, all of the EU production is now going to the US. Sorry to burst your bubble..:D

One thought worries me.  What if I, or anybody else on here were to be reincarnated as one of Blu's maggots. 

26 minutes ago, jrs said:

One thought worries me.  What if I, or anybody else on here were to be reincarnated as one of Blu's maggots. 

Some of us thought you were already one :rofl:

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

The UK isn't the club anymore, so they can make whatever rules they like and the UK has to conform if it wants to export there. 

It doesnt quite work like that. If mealworms doesnt pass UK standard tests they wont be imported here for human consumption.

38 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

It doesnt quite work like that. If mealworms doesnt pass UK standard tests they wont be imported here for human consumption.

What are you on about? :rolleyes:

We're talking about you complaining about EU food standards, which is irrelevant if the UK wants to export there. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

Play loud.. :)

Oor fish - apart from the other >=75% that aren't, and the rest are rotting on the quayside as they can't be sent to where they used to be sold.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

9 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Oor fish - apart from the other >=75% that aren't, and the rest are rotting on the quayside as they can't be sent to where they used to be sold.. :rolleyes:

They are safely tucked up in industrial freezers...:D