British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

29 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Thank God for AstraZeneca!

Assuming it works well and doesn’t have currently unidentified side effects, given the mistakes that were made and then covered up during the clinical trials.

51 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

So what’s being allegedly saved on ‘not giving oor money to the EU’ is now being spent on customs bureaucracy instead. :rolleyes:

Jobs here is better than jobs in Brussels.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Jobs here is better than jobs in Brussels.

Those jobs have to be paid for, and that’ll add costs to exports which make them less competitive if not uncompetitive. That in turn reduces exports which means less employment opportunities.

Not hard to understand is it?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Badge said:

So because the Conservatives won the last election have we all got to become Conservatives?

If you didn't agree with leaving why should you change your mind just because you weren't on the winning side, sorry i don't understand that point of view

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Those jobs have to be paid for, and that’ll add costs to exports which make them less competitive if not uncompetitive. That in turn reduces exports which means less employment opportunities.

Not hard to understand is it?

Post Brexit , export opportunities are limitless. But , being a remain protectionist you just wouldnt understand.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

So because the Conservatives won the last election have we all got to become Conservatives?

If you didn't agree with leaving why should you change your mind just because you weren't on the winning side, sorry i don't understand that point of view

It’s ok to keep your viewpoint, but what was voted for has been done, and now it needs the whole of the country to work for future of the country.  If the organisation you worked for was took over by another organisation you would to need to work in accord with the new management to ensure a future.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

We are already seeing a huge benefit from Brexit. Instead of being in the eu vac scheme , we are miles ahead of the eu. Thats a fact.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

So what’s being allegedly saved on ‘not giving oor money to the EU’ is now being spent on customs bureaucracy instead. :rolleyes:

You seriously think that some extra customs paperwork costs the UK same as EU membership did?

• Like 3

On 1/15/2021 at 2:31 PM, Badge said:

Seems quite reasonable to me. I still think Brexit was and is wrong, but the country thought otherwise, therefore we have to make derive what benefit we can.

4 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

But the customs situation will ease off as people get used to what is requires, whilst they money we give to EU wouldn’t have eased off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YerRopes said:

I'm sure that's Steve Shovlar?

Edited by steve roberts

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

I'm sure that's Steve Shovlar?

.... trying to find the empty shelves?   :D

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

.... trying to find the empty shelves?   :D

Or watching his business go down the drain....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, YerRopes said:

Is that not Matt Shamcock looking for a new coronavirus strain?