Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, The Third Man said:

This lie keeps on being repeated, but everyone has admitted than being in or out would not have made a difference to how we acted with the vaccine

But i suppose if you repeat the lie over and over it slowly becomes the truth

Seems the only lies come from you. This is from the horses mouth.

Announcing the new extra doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, Commission president Ursula von der Leyen made clear that the EU opposes any kind of separate bilateral deals and negotiations between EU member states and pharmaceutical companies.

“We have all agreed that there will be no parallel negotiations or parallel contracts,” she told reporters, adding that the EU negotiations are the only binding legal framework when it comes to vaccine purchases.

You rabid fbpe nutters just cant help yourselves can you.

Edited by Phlipphlopp
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

Every Tory MP doesn’t have to be interviewed with the Union Flag behind them . In fact, apart from Government ministers in office hardly any are interviewed with the Union Flag behind them. You must know that if you have watched even a handful of interviews. So why the need to make things up ?

 

Not making anything up, but will refine my comment to Tory government ministers only, where it has become almost compulsory.. 

Share this post


Link to post

So , anyone of you pro eu 5th columnists think not enrolling in the eu vac scheme was a good idea or no ? B)

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Seems the only lies come from you. This is from the horses mouth.

Announcing the new extra doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, Commission president Ursula von der Leyen made clear that the EU opposes any kind of separate bilateral deals and negotiations between EU member states and pharmaceutical companies.

“We have all agreed that there will be no parallel negotiations or parallel contracts,” she told reporters, adding that the EU negotiations are the only binding legal framework when it comes to vaccine purchases.

You rabid fbpe nutters just cant help yourselves can you.

It isn't though. We have been through it before. There was an agreement to do it together. If the UK was still in the EU they didn't have to agree, they could have still done their own thing. As it is one or two who did agree, still done their own thing as well......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

So , anyone of you pro eu 5th columnists think not enrolling in the eu vac scheme was a good idea or no ? B)

Not sure it made much difference. I thought I read that Sweden, who are in the EU agreed to give some of their supply to Norway and one or two other countries, who aren't in the EU, as they couldn't agree much of a supply.....

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-norway/norway-to-provide-covid-19-vaccine-free-of-charge-to-norwegians-idUSL8N2H42YA

Edited by iris123

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, iris123 said:

It isn't though. We have been through it before. There was an agreement to do it together. If the UK was still in the EU they didn't have to agree, they could have still done their own thing. As it is one or two who did agree, still done their own thing as well......

So , can we expect financial penalties... ' EU negotiations are the only binding legal framework' Of course , if we had a europhile govt we'd have stayed in line.....:D

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Not sure it made much difference. I thought I read that Sweden, who are in the EU agreed to give some of their supply to Norway and one or two other countries, who aren't in the EU, as they couldn't agree much of a supply.....

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-norway/norway-to-provide-covid-19-vaccine-free-of-charge-to-norwegians-idUSL8N2H42YA

Not sure it made much difference ? We are a month in front of you. Only the great Israel are doing better. Sometimes , nation states can do things better , and quicker. It only makes you look daft to think otherwise :drink:

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Not sure it made much difference ? We are a month in front of you. Only the great Israel are doing better. Sometimes , nation states can do things better , and quicker. It only makes you look daft to think otherwise :drink:

It was a solidarity thing, and as you can see being in the EU has helped countries that aren't, as well as their own members. The system is there to protect the population. As you can see in other countries like India, they have started vaccinating with something that hasn't even gone through the safety process to the end. Think Russia did as well....

We not only have a couple of vaccine's now, but our shelves are full of foodstuff, beer and wine still costing the same as it did last year :drink:

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, iris123 said:

It was a solidarity thing, and as you can see being in the EU has helped countries that aren't, as well as their own members. The system is there to protect the population. As you can see in other countries like India, they have started vaccinating with something that hasn't even gone through the safety process to the end. Think Russia did as well....

Lol. Solidarity over lives. Fantastic , you must be so proud. Some of the greatest British minds poured over the vaccine data , and considered it fine. If thats not good enough for the eu , then i'd suggest they are on an ego trip. Maybe they just need a few more meetings in good 'ole eu style eh , then months later come up with the same conclusion the UK did. Such a great club , the project before lives.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

 

We not only have a couple of vaccine's now, but our shelves are full of foodstuff, beer and wine still costing the same as it did last year :drink:

So has Steve shovlar :lol:, in fact if it wasn't for idiot panic buyers like him, so would our shops :rolleyes:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Badge said:

So has Steve shovlar :lol:, in fact if it wasn't for idiot panic buyers like him, so would our shops :rolleyes:

Luckily enough, since the start of the first lockdown, we have been saved from any of that nonsense. Tbh we haven't really had the long queues at the supermarkets also, because they really aren't as  strict as they were last Spring. They did start for a few days, but then it gets less and less.....the only long queues I see are at the Post Office of bakers, early in the morning... 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Lol. Solidarity over lives. Fantastic , you must be so proud. Some of the greatest British minds poured over the vaccine data , and considered it fine. If thats not good enough for the eu , then i'd suggest they are on an ego trip. Maybe they just need a few more meetings in good 'ole eu style eh , then months later come up with the same conclusion the UK did. Such a great club , the project before lives.

But it wasn't just the EU. Each individual country still made their own decisions, and it seemed some weren't exactly chomping at the bit to give anyone the jab. Think some took a week or so longer than others to even start, some are starting with the elderly, some with health care workers etc.....and if you look elsewhere Australia aren't even going to start until next month ?

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I must be very lucky, firstly the missus came home from work on Friday with the weekly shopping. Everything we wanted was available and the price well within the normal range which is always dependent on offers.

Then today was like a lottery win as I popped to Wickes and picked up some roof sheets, timber and fixings for exactly the same price I paid in June, was expecting bare shelves but didn't see any. Must be luck as I keep seeing there are desperate shortages everywhere because of leaving the EU.

Company I work for are enjoying my luck as well, not a single truck running late after going through the tunnel so far.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

But it wasn't just the EU. Each individual country still made their own decisions, and it seemed some weren't exactly chomping at the bit to give anyone the jab. Think some took a week or so longer than others to even start.....and if you look elsewhere Australia aren't even going to start until next month ?

Good job we have a govt that puts lives before ideology then. Unlike the eu in pursuit of 'solidarity' (otherwise known as waiting for a French vaccince that didnt arrive :D)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Vince said:

I must be very lucky, firstly the missus came home from work on Friday with the weekly shopping. Everything we wanted was available and the price well within the normal range which is always dependent on offers.

Then today was like a lottery win as I popped to Wickes and picked up some roof sheets, timber and fixings for exactly the same price I paid in June, was expecting bare shelves but didn't see any. Must be luck as I keep seeing there are desperate shortages everywhere because of leaving the EU.

Company I work for are enjoying my luck as well, not a single truck running late after going through the tunnel so far.

Yes I think you are very lucky. If yu go on to the Corona thread, you'll see poster after poster telling us what a Khazi the country has become and how it is being run into the ground by those in charge

Come onto this thread though and the country is rosy and doing much better now than they would be in the EU and the politicians have basically sorted everything out how the people wanted it to be sorted.

B)

Not surprisingly, on our tv the past couple of weeks, all we get is the 'Khazi' stories of ambulances lined up outside hospitals and truckers having endless problems and angry fishermen.....

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy