British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

1 minute ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Let us know when you've finished it yeah ?

it would take you ages .as your full of   :D

And I thought phloppy was always doing potting training. Now I know better 

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

And I thought phloppy was always doing potting training. Now I know better 

Even you cant crack a joke properly either. PS: I'm not a horticulturist :D You lot of crazied , woke , pro eu leftie numpties need to raise your game :drink:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Even you cant crack a joke properly either. PS: I'm not a horticulturist :D You lot of crazied , woke , pro eu leftie numpties need to raise your game :drink:

Obviously not a pool player either

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

Obviously not a pool player either

Not for the last 10 months no. Not playing in pool comps is prob the thing i've missed most during the pandemic. It is what it is. Still plenty left in me to rinse the best in the SW as before when we get back to the new normal B)

10 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Not for the last 10 months no. Not playing in pool comps is prob the thing i've missed most during the pandemic. It is what it is. Still plenty left in me to rinse the best in the SW as before when we get back to the new normal B)

Abnormal in your case....

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Not for the last 10 months no. Not playing in pool comps is prob the thing i've missed most during the pandemic

So have the other players .. as its a easy game in the first round :D

I read on the BBC News app this morning that production at the Sunderland Nissan plant is secure for the long term.  The chief operating officer has said Brexit is a positive. Nissan, instead of importing electric vehicle batteries from Japan, will be investing in a battery manufacturing plant in the north east. The move means manufacturing of vehicles in Sunderland will meet the %age build rule of the EU, meaning export to the EU will remain tariff free.

Electric vehicles is the future, and the government holds that view with 2030 the target date for no new petrol or diesel cars being sold in the uk. The government has said they will invest in new technology, looks like they keeping to that promise. The Nissan statement secure thousands of jobs, and will create new opportunities for businesses and workforce alike.

Brexit is on the move, and UK is still only 22 days into freedom..... I will just wait for negative response from the stick in the mud Remainers.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I read on the BBC News app this morning that production at the Sunderland Nissan plant is secure for the long term.  The chief operating officer has said Brexit is a positive. Nissan, instead of importing electric vehicle batteries from Japan, will be investing in a battery manufacturing plant in the north east. The move means manufacturing of vehicles in Sunderland will meet the %age build rule of the EU, meaning export to the EU will remain tariff free.

Electric vehicles is the future, and the government holds that view with 2030 the target date for no new petrol or diesel cars being sold in the uk. The government has said they will invest in new technology, looks like they keeping to that promise. The Nissan statement secure thousands of jobs, and will create new opportunities for businesses and workforce alike.

Brexit is on the move, and UK is still only 22 days into freedom..... I will just wait for negative response from the stick in the mud Remainers.

You are putting your personal slant on what he said. He didn't say Brexit is positive as far as I know. He said the trade deal agreed, is positive 

Nissan had issued stark warnings last year that if the UK left the EU without a trade deal, the resulting tariffs on cars and components would make the Sunderland plant "unsustainable".

Nissan's chief operating officer Ashwani Gupta told the BBC: "The Brexit deal is positive for Nissan. Being the largest automaker in the UK we are taking this opportunity to redefine auto-making in the UK

"We've decided to localise the manufacture of the 62KW battery in Sunderland so that all our products qualify [for tariff-free export to the EU]. We are committed to Sunderland for the long term under the business conditions that have been agreed."

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, iris123 said:

You are putting your personal slant on what he said. He didn't say Brexit is positive as far as I know. He said the trade deal agreed, is positive 

Nissan had issued stark warnings last year that if the UK left the EU without a trade deal, the resulting tariffs on cars and components would make the Sunderland plant "unsustainable".

Nissan's chief operating officer Ashwani Gupta told the BBC: "The Brexit deal is positive for Nissan. Being the largest automaker in the UK we are taking this opportunity to redefine auto-making in the UK

"We've decided to localise the manufacture of the 62KW battery in Sunderland so that all our products qualify [for tariff-free export to the EU]. We are committed to Sunderland for the long term under the business conditions that have been agreed."

Correct. He never, at any point, said that Brexit is a positive. Just that getting a trade deal is.

Brexit: Nissan commits to keep manufacturing in Sunderland - BBC News

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Correct. He never, at any point, said that Brexit is a positive. Just that getting a trade deal is.

Only a Brexiteer would spin not losing a major industry as a positive of Brexit. A bit like saying the economy hasn't been wrecked as much as it would have been with a no-deal Brexit... :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Brexit: Nissan commits to keep manufacturing in Sunderland - BBC News

Afraid Ove was being very selective and misquoting in his post. 

It's a case of read the full article to get a clearer view of the problems facing the UK motor industry.  It's in a very precarious position. Whilst most foreign manufacturers in the UK will continue some form of presence here we are very unlikely to see the production volumes of the last thirty years.  I believe the battery plant for the Alliance group had been in the long term planning for Sunderland for a few years. 

Lets hope it is successful , but I believe in the long term that car production will decrease there and will be concentrated at other Alliance group plants in Europe. 

• Like 1

I think it was only the Brextremist front like phloppy that was ok with a car crash, no deal. Everyone else could see sense in getting a deal done

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

So not losing Nissan is a massive plus of Brexit ?  is that the best you can come up with after 22 days ? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, orion said:

So not losing Nissan is a massive plus of Brexit ?  is that the best you can come up with after 22 days ? 

If it had not been for the uncertainty of last five years it is likely that Nissan could well have continued their expansion in their European production in Sunderland. Well never really know just how much has been lost as Nissan had to rein in any adventurous plans for the future because of the continuous uncertainty of the dithering Tory government over the last ten years. 

• Like 2