British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

PERHAPS it is time to leave this section of the BSF to the bitter ramblings of the Remoaners rather than giving any of their comments credence by responding. Just a thought ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

And just like that the remainers skip over the new manufacturing plant created to meet a percentage rule that wouldn't apply if we were in the EU. never mind the amount of times they have written on here that the plant would be closing if we leave the EU (although it seems that JRS has more knowledge on that score than the Nissan spokesman)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PERHAPS it is time to leave this section of the BSF to the bitter ramblings of the Remoaners rather than giving any of their comments credence by responding. Just a thought ...

It's not bitter ramblings if you read posts from remainers, most of it is constructive criticism, but you don't want to read that. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jrs said:

It's not bitter ramblings if you read posts from remainers, most of it is constructive criticism, but you don't want to read that. 

Criticism certainly.

• Like 2

As a distraction I'm sure that phloppy,  addio , Ove and Philip et al will all be jumping with joy at the prospects of lining the pockets Farage in his new financial scheme (40 years experience lol). Beware it could lose you a fortune but I'm sure old Nigel will still say its a success.

Despite the millions he made through Brexit and being an MEP he reckons he's now skint 

Edited by jrs

14 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Can't possibly be, because we have corrected what was a false interpretation of the Nissan situation by Ove, surely ?

You can take your toys and play elsewhere. Yu can also try and take others with you. If you are an elected spokesperson for them. But surely they would cry like hell if you are god forbid, unelected :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jrs said:

As a distraction I'm sure that phloppy,  addio , Ove and Philip et al will all be jumping with joy at the prospects of lining the pockets Farage in his new financial scheme (40 years experience lol). Beware it could lose you a fortune but I'm sure old Nigel will still say its a success.

Despite the millions he made through Brexit and being an MEP he reckons he's now skint 

JUST for the record... how did Farage make millions out of Brexit? How will he be lining his pockets now and why would it cost me a fortune?

19 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

JUST for the record... how did Farage make millions out of Brexit? How will he be lining his pockets now and why would it cost me a fortune?

CAN well imagine that Brexit combined with COVID will be the final nail in the speedway coffin - at least as a professional sport in the UK. The Spar's 'fortunes' - such as they are - will invariably be intertwined with that. 

3 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

CAN well imagine that Brexit combined with COVID will be the final nail in the speedway coffin - at least as a professional sport in the UK. The Spar's 'fortunes' - such as they are - will invariably be intertwined with that. 

As long as there are motorbikes people will wish to race them however I do feel that speedway, certainly in this country, will have to re-invent itself and people's expectations earning a living from the sport will no longer be sustainable. The problem, of course, will be having to re-establish the usage of stadiums and viability of same with diminishing returns and financial reward.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jrs said:

I don’t know why you feel compelled to make these things up, but for the record I’ve never put a penny in Farages pockets, nor do I intend to. I’ve done pretty well on my own judgment of financial matters the last 15 years without input from anyone else. 
Maybe you should try it, you might not be so bitter then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Bye 

15 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

As long as there are motorbikes people will wish to race them however I do feel that speedway, certainly in this country, will have to re-invent itself and people's expectations earning a living from the sport will no longer be sustainable. The problem, of course, will be having to re-establish the usage of stadiums and viability of same with diminishing returns and financial reward.

I think the latter is going to be the issue.

I can see speedway continuing at some amateur level at tracks out in the countryside or dedicated motor sport facilities, but the viability of traditional venues - most of which are already badly run down - and the pressure on land for development, must be a serious concern now. They must have already been on life support before COVID, and a couple of years with no revenue will surely mean many owners calling it a day. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I used to think that Steve but in the last year or two, I’m not so sure. Not just speedway but all motorcycle sport is horrendously expensive these days. All stadium based entertainment, including dog racing, and stock cars as well as speedway is struggling to attract crowds and has been for years. Apart from that things like Moto cross and grasstrack is finding it increasingly difficult to find venues as land becomes scarce and things like noise becomes more of an issues.

I think the likes of us had the best years Steve, and those days , sadly won’t be back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

We have left the EU. That pretty much brings point of the thread to close. Those who wanted to remain have two choices. Either they can accept the result or they can  put their money money where their mouth is and join either the Lib-Dems or the section of the Labour Party that wants to campaign to re- apply for membership, which may or may not be successful in the fullness of time.

The only certainty is that just sitting behind a keyboard and bleating about it on a speedway forum is not going to change a single thing .

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

THANKS for that (:angry:) althoughBrexit will have no affect