Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, E I Addio said:

I used to think that Steve but in the last year or two, I’m not so sure. Not just speedway but all motorcycle sport is horrendously expensive these days. All stadium based entertainment, including dog racing, and stock cars as well as speedway is struggling to attract crowds and has been for years. Apart from that things like Moto cross and grasstrack is finding it increasingly difficult to find venues as land becomes scarce and things like noise becomes more of an issues.

I think the likes of us had the best years Steve, and those days , sadly won’t be back.

Sadly I think that you may well be right. :(

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DC2 said:

 

Come on, Humph, you’ve had twenty hours to try to think up ten indispensable EU products that we can’t source elsewhere!  :D

And you have had the same length of time to source some 6061T6 aluminium that meets approval for use in motorsport brake systems but have failed........

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

So why did that not happen before if it's so cost effective? Quite aside from the fact that some people may prefer French brie to Somerset brie, which is their right.

That there will suddenly be some sort of significant manufacturing revival in the UK is nothing but a fantasy. All that'll happen is that things will become more expensive or simply become unavailable, sales will drop, and domestic retailers will suffer as a result. 

It's the Brexiteers who really have to face the fact. :rolleyes:

An interesting comment that Humphrey.

Today Nissan announced that the Sunderland Car Plant's future was assured. In fact, according to one of their senior management team, they are to increase investment in the Sunderland Plant, and in fact, have car batteries made here in a new Factory, as we now have a Trade Deal with the European Union.

So despite your insistence that Nissan would leave, you appear to have egg on your face. We were right to leave no matter what you and your minions have to say. The long term future of our great Country will prove that.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Grachan said:

Interesting to see a different journalistic spin on the same story. Just shows you never know which article to read.

It is the deal, though, rather than Brexit itself which is being lauded here. Interesting, also, that is is quotes from a news conference in Japan, where culture insists that every comment has to be a positive one and the less positive ones are the negatives (if that makes sense!).

In the end, regardless of what reasons are behind everything, it's good that Nissan will continue in Sunderland as that was clearly in doubt at one stage. (Or were they just sounding off to ensure a deal that they liked).

Yes, a sensible post.

The Brexit negotiations were complex and wide ranging . There were bound to be winners and losers. You can’t make an omlette without breaking eggs. It’s ridiculous to focus on one small part of Brexit on which to judge what’s right or wrong .It’s important to keep the big picture in mind and ultimately it’s  something that can only be properly assessed over a period of time, not the first five minutes after we left. 
And yes, good news for Sunderland that the deal was negotiated in a way that preserves jobs at Nissan. 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, The White Knight said:

An interesting comment that Humphrey.

Today Nissan announced that the Sunderland Car Plant's future was assured. In fact, according to one of their senior management team, they are to increase investment in the Sunderland Plant, and in fact, have car batteries made here in a new Factory, as we now have a Trade Deal with the European Union.

So despite your insistence that Nissan would leave, you appear to have egg on your face. We were right to leave no matter what you and your minions have to say. The long term future of our great Country will prove that.

As soon as you and the rest of the old   gammons have gone it will be.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Toto said:

As soon as you and the rest of the old   gammons have gone it will be.

NICE ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Toto said:

As soon as you and the rest of the old   gammons have gone it will be.

 

15 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NICE ...

He's a remain fanatic and a total ballbag (and with a very low IQ ) . Sort of thing we expect from them.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Toto said:

As soon as you and the rest of the old   gammons have gone it will be.

This is the usual sort of reply expected from the intelligencia on the Forum. Can't win an argument - can only call folk names. :rolleyes:

Humphrey is well served by his minions.:rofl:

13 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NICE ...

I would think all that Toto isn't representative of most 'Remainers'. Most democrats accept the will of the people.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Phlipphlopp said:

 

He's a remain fanatic and a total ballbag (and with a very low IQ ) . Sort of thing we expect from them.

NOT sure he is even human

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NOT sure he is even human

He also posts on here as 'Doppy " Debbs!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, The White Knight said:

This is the usual sort of reply expected from the intelligencia on the Forum. Can't win an argument - can only call folk names. :rolleyes:

Humphrey is well served by his minions.:rofl:

I would think all that Toto isn't representative of most 'Remainers'. Most democrats accept the will of the people.

You are representaive of all brexiters .old ,racist ,stupid ,gullible and wont be around for the next vote. Gammon extraordinaire.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Toto said:

You are representaive of all brexiters .old ,racist ,stupid ,gullible and wont be around for the next vote. Gammon extraordinaire.

The stupid. It burns :D And its about time the Mods were highlighted to your derogatory comments to others . Personally i can take it , i can handle myself , but to an OAP like Ian who's opinion differs from yours ? I cant remember him abusing you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Toto said:

You are representaive of all brexiters .old ,racist ,stupid ,gullible and wont be around for the next vote. Gammon extraordinaire.

deleted

Edited by Tsunami

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Yes, a sensible post.

The Brexit negotiations were complex and wide ranging . There were bound to be winners and losers. You can’t make an omlette without breaking eggs. It’s ridiculous to focus on one small part of Brexit on which to judge what’s right or wrong .It’s important to keep the big picture in mind and ultimately it’s  something that can only be properly assessed over a period of time, not the first five minutes after we left. 
And yes, good news for Sunderland that the deal was negotiated in a way that preserves jobs at Nissan. 

 

 

 

Nissan announced long before Brexit was agreed, that a new model was to be made (the Juke I think) and the updated Qashqua production was to be concentrated at Sunderland. In addition they announced the establishment of electric battery production so it was nice to hear the news again, but really it was always on the cards. I wrote on here about all of those developments as they happened, and of course as usual HA  dismissed them like a dumped tart. Lost all of his credibility with recent postings. I think he has lost it, must be the Aussie heat.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

The stupid. It burns :D And its about time the Mods were highlighted to your derogatory comments to others . Personally i can take it , i can handle myself , but to an OAP like Ian who's opinion differs from yours ? I cant remember him abusing you.

Snowflake .Go ahead go get Mummy.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy