British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

25 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Well the outcome was obvious when you had a government wanting to tear up all existing Single Market and Custom arrangements with the EU, and insisting on diverging from common standards. Throwing away things you already had and then having to negotiate it all back, and turning the UK into a third-party country with respect to EU trade was never going to be an improvement, but the public were conned with a lot of lies and started to believe all the dismissal of 'Project Fear' during the transitional period when nothing much really changed at that point. 

Of course, now we see the full realities with those industries foolish enough to believe in Brexit being particularly hard hit. It's hilarious that you're now blaming COVID and telling us to wait 5 years to judge, all the while this nonsense greatly impacts on the economy and people lose their jobs. :rolleyes:

What is the net loss of jobs due to leaving the EU? 

19 minutes ago, Vince said:

For god’s sake, don’t ask him that, he still hasn’t come up with his 10 “indispensable EU products that we can’t get from elsewhere”.

..... or even one!  :D

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

For god’s sake, don’t ask him that, he still hasn’t come up with his 10 “indispensable EU products that we can’t get from elsewhere”.

"There are more questions than answers and the more I find out, the less I know......."   Who sung that one? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dj350z said:

"There are more questions than answers and the more I find out, the less I know......."   Who sung that one? 

DC2’s theme song when he walks into the forum :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

He is too busy with a shovel in each hand.

1 minute ago, TonyE said:

He is too busy with a shovel in each hand.

Et tu, TonyE?  :D

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Et tu, TonyE?  :D

Really, 1200 posts for me - close to 13,000 for HA.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dj350z said:

So what are you saying then, stop posting on this topic? You had better let DC know then! :rolleyes:

It never ceases to amaze me. I put a post in plain English and someone says “So what are you saying the ..........” What I am saying is , I think clear enough in my post if people don’t start adding to it. 

3 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Never stopped anyone on here gloating about Brexit either - at least until 1 January and fishy smell became truly apparent. 

I'm sure Remainers will suck it up in the same way that Brexiteers did in 1975, but the UK will be asking to be back in the Single Market in due course anyway...

Is that the truth, your opinion, your hope or maybe (to quote your good self) just an exaggerated timeline?

3 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Never stopped anyone on here gloating about Brexit either - 

Maybe you just don’t realise when you are being wound up. Sometimes it’s not a good idea to lead with your chin.:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Maybe you just don’t realise when you are being wound up. Sometimes it’s not a good idea to lead with your chin.:rolleyes:

So you're just coming on here to wind people up now? Right... :rofl:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

So you're just coming on here to wind people up now? Right... :rofl:

Sometimes. Most people don’t take most posts seriously. As I’ve said many times it’s all knockabout stuff :approve:

2 hours ago, Vince said:

What was the net gain?

Brexiteers won't accept any job losses as being the result of leaving the EU, and have all manner of excuses as to why jobs are being cut and companies are leaving the UK. Of course, COVID is also a very convenient excuse as well. 

But I'm sure you'd know full well that poorer trading conditions mean less money all around, and struggling or marginal companies - much like people with underlying health conditions who get COVID - are the first to go. But hey, as long as your trucks roll in and out, everything in the garden must be rosy... :D

I have no idea of the net gain I doubt anybody does. However you're the one telling us that thousands of jobs are being lost because of Brexit and I don't think it unreasonable to query if that's true. 

As for poorer trading conditions we will have to wait and see if that becomes true. My opinion is that there will be both gains and losses but I'm not the one making claims as to what they will be. 

You do realise that those trucks rolling in and out with no problems are doing so to carry the goods produced by various businesses? I only mentioned them in the first place because the impression given by some on here was that all cross channel trade was at a standstill. That is very much not the case. 

• Like 2