British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

17 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That is frankly the most ridiculous of replies. So because some businesses are not affected, to hell with the hundreds of thousands of people losing their jobs and companies that have been running for generations folding due to brexit.

If you came and worked for me for one week you would see all the implications of brexit. They are far, far worse than I would have originally envisaged. Like the 8 week delays as standard today for a parcel to go from U.K. to France. 3 days in December.

Like the way duty is applied to every single item exported to the EU. Like the way customs blocks parcels for no apparent reason. Like 6 weeks before a rejected parcel is returned.

It is virtually impossible to currently trade with our closest neighbours. I know this as it’s my job. It’s what I do.

From frictionless trade, to tradeless friction. And this is not teething problems. This is brexit in all its glory, wrecking trade and ruining business.

I hear you Steve.

But the tragic truth is many of this thread and the wider country at large couldn't give a toss for the livelihood of their fellow citizens.  There are obvious examples of those of this thread. They've had free education, their health care all provided safely and free, they've had their affordable houses, secure careers, early retirement and secure pensions. A cradle to grave societal infrastructure that has supported them. They're alright Jack.

And, frankly, they simply do not give a jot about the narrowing opportunities for generations after them. Instead, they can while away the time indulging their xenophobic fantasies through Brexit and the right-wing media. Unquestioning the jingoistic nonsense whilst the younger generations become the first ever to be worse off than their predecessors, even if that means their own children and grandchildren. That's their lot.

Edited by falcace
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You are lying. Clearly. My business sends 50 parcels a week to amongst others France, Belgium, Poland, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal. 
All couriers and all EU countries are suffering severe delays of up to 8 weeks. 

Guess you won’t work for me as it would affect your universal credit. Can’t lose that, eh? Or are you afraid of graft? 

In fact I take it back. Not worthy of working for me. I would never employ a brexiteer which has helped wreck our nation. Stay on the dole mosh.

Not lying at all mate 

your earlier post included 4 x made up claims -also known as LIES

Maybe that's your problem - if you tell as many lies with your business paperwork as you do here, that could be why you have so many problems with customs/ couriers etc.

As for the universal credit comment - never claimed any benefits in my life, never been out of work, self employed 20 years 

Yet again making comments when you haven't got a clue what you are talking about

Edited by djr
Spelling
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, falcace said:

I hear you Steve.

But the tragic truth is many of this thread and the wider country at large couldn't give a toss for the livelihood of their fellow citizens.  There are obvious examples of those of this thread. They've had free education, their health care all provided safely and free, they've had their affordable houses, secure careers, early retirement and secure pensions. A cradle to grave societal infrastructure that has supported them. They're alright Jack.

And, frankly, they simply do not give a jot about the narrowing opportunities for generations after them. Instead, they can while away the time indulging their xenophobic fantasies through Brexit and the right-wing media. Unquestioning the jingoistic nonsense whilst the younger generations become the first ever to be worse off that their predecessors, even if that means their own children and grandchildren. That's their lot.

It makes one wonder why the younger generation didn’t sweep Corbyn into power?

Unless, of course, plenty of them disagree with you or can’t be arsed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You are lying. Clearly. My business sends 50 parcels a week to amongst others France, Belgium, Poland, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal.   All couriers and all EU countries are suffering severe delays of up to 8 weeks.

I thought you told us ten days ago that you were closing your business?  

What’s the point in still sending 50 parcels a week if no one’s buying from you and you’re closed?  :D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, falcace said:

And, frankly, they simply do not give a jot about the narrowing opportunities for generations after them. Instead, they can while away the time indulging their xenophobic fantasies through Brexit and the right-wing media. 

As long as you , and people like you , dismiss people who disagree with you as xenophobic fantasists under the influence of right wing media , you will never, never, ever even begin to understand why the referendum was lost by the narrow margin of 4%, nor will you begin to understand the reasons why many people had had it with the EU, and much of the British Establishment.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I thought you told us ten days ago that you were closing your business?  

What’s the point in still sending 50 parcels a week if no one’s buying from you and you’re closed?  :D

On the 10th feb he stated  " today at 10oclock I pulled the plug on a very profitable business".

Today he states he is sending 50 packages a week to Europe, clearly there is a lie in there somewhere..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

On the 10th feb he stated  " today at 10oclock I pulled the plug on a very profitable business".

Today he states he is sending 50 packages a week to Europe, clearly there is a lie in there somewhere..

You can pull the plug on a business and usually it still winds down while it completes its trades. It doesn’t just stop trading on day one......

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

Don't worry, Steve will be able to take his own advice to others from some time ago.

He'll be on his bike and starting a window cleaning round.

11 hours ago, dj350z said:

You can pull the plug on a business and usually it still winds down while it completes its trades. It doesn’t just stop trading on day one......

Good of you to answer on his behalf, and tell us that it doesn’t just stop trading on day one, but that is inconsistent with his statement that he had to “suspend trading”.

The bottom line is that we have had so many posts from him over such a long period of time ranging from wind ups to hyperbole to abject OTT despair on both speedway and Brexit nobody knows what to believe any more. The classic boy who cried wolf.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dj350z said:

Tenuous effort at a save, but abject in the meaning that Steve was trying to convey.

He’s obviously still trading despite what he told us two weeks ago about Brexit closing his business.

• Sad 1

Page 1 of the reviews from Steve's site only goes back to 8th of Feb but quite clearly plenty of stuff getting to Europe and satisfying his customers! Some queries on tax but they still offered positive reviews

user-410e886
18 February 2021

RAS TRES BIEN

ChrisGasperi
18 February 2021

Le tableau est arrivé très bien emballé, sans aucun dommage, et aussi beau que sur les photos. Le vendeur est sympathique et très professionnel. Merci beaucoup :)

18 February 2021

Nice paiting, superb packaging!

user-f7b1402
18 February 2021

Pas Mal. Un trace de peinture enlevée en bas à droite. Dommage. Sinon la tableau est beau.

user-d9524c6
17 February 2021

Parfait en tout... mais les transactions avec la Grande Bretagne devraient maintenant prévoir le montant des droits de douane qui ne sont pas négligeables.

user-e6fcfa0
16 February 2021

Hallo Steve, wie immer alles bestens. Viele Grüße Rainer

luisluisesteban
15 February 2021

He tenido que pagar 39, 20 € de taxas de aduanas. Eso no se me dijo a la hora de la compra. Por favor pueden explicarmelo ahora. Gracias.

user-a29f082
15 February 2021

Envoi très soigné. Oeuvre magnifique conforme à la description. Merci beaucoup.

Safanone
14 February 2021

Quadretti veramente molto carini, molto ben imballati, pagato tasse doganali, come ormai previsto dal 1 gennaio 2021. Grazie.

user-85498e8
13 February 2021

Thx for the nice paining!

user-ab4f41b
13 February 2021

Produit conforme - bien emballé - Parfait !

user-9e8c967
12 February 2021

Once again well wrapped. Had to pass through customs with about a 10% surcharge but hey, not much anyone can do about that. Painting in good condition and as described. Happy customer.

user-f5500f4
12 February 2021

Bel dipinto, ben imballato e abbastanza veloce nella spedizione. Non sapevo però di dover pagare euro 27,00 per dazi doganali in quanto proveniente dal Regno Unito, Quindi totale spedizione 55,00 euro

maisse
12 February 2021

user-cee0375
11 February 2021

Adoro gli acquerelli di Alice Andrews e anche questo è bellissimo!! Arrivato perfettamente imballato e con tempi adeguati.

jeansman
10 February 2021

De tekening is goed verpakt en in goede staat vandaag aangekomen.Ik moest nu wel invoerechten betalen.ze hadden het pakket ook opengemaakt.Met vriendelijke groet,Henk Bakker.

user-faf2073
9 February 2021

Huile sur table de belle qualité. Arrivée en parfait état grâce à la bonne protection de l’œuvre par le vendeur. Merci beaucoup ;)

user-ce21ceb
9 February 2021

Joli petit tableau qui rejoindra la collection de natures mortes. Mia V

user-c3b4724
9 February 2021

It is beautiful, thank you!

user-9e8c967
8 February 2021

Shipped well in time, well packaged. The painting is described as it is. Very happy to have received it. Happy customer, third time in a row.

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2021 at 1:50 PM, E I Addio said:

Only 27% want to rejoin the EU which means 73% want to stay out. 

In HA's way of putting things - spot on.

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

Tenuous effort at a save, but abject in the meaning that Steve was trying to convey.

He’s obviously still trading despite what he told us two weeks ago about Brexit closing his business.

He posted on Twitter two days ago , 17th Feb , “ Brexit is destroying my business in plain sight and there’s nothing I can do about it. “ All in the present tense so the business seems to have been running on that date.

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

He posted on Twitter two days ago , 17th Feb , “ Brexit is destroying my business in plain sight and there’s nothing I can do about it. “ All in the present tense so the business seems to have been running on that date.

How do you know he posted that on Twitter ? 

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

Sad to see how far you and Vince have sunk. Not much changed about you is there Custer ?